Working with sexual dysfunction CPD - online diploma
About this CPD course
Sexual activity operates on numerous levels; the physical, emotional, cognitive, behavioural and social. This distance learning CPD masterclass will enable you to identify which components are dysfunctional and how to select and apply appropriate treatment strategies.
Sex therapy traditionally requires both partners to be present, however, with the use of hypnotherapy, clients can be treated individually. It is a field which many hypnotherapists shy away from, quite simply, because they don’t feel that they have the expertise and knowledge to deal with the number of issues that may arise.
In addition, sex, by its very nature is a very personal thing and therefore some therapists themselves, don’t feel comfortable working with clients within this area. This course aims to give you the confidence, skills and facts you need in order to do so.
- anatomy of sex
- understanding sex (including the sexual sequence and response cycle)
- the psycho-biology of gender
- sexual dysfunction (an overview)
- sex: a multi-level view
- commonly encountered problems
- medical issues
- physical issues affecting both sexes
- physical issues affecting men
- physical issues affecting women
- emotional issues (including intimacy, trust and infidelity)
- cognitive issues (including SAD, expectations, anxieties, confidence, fantasies, myths)
- behavioural issues (including inadequate sex skills, sex addiction, kinks & fetishes)
- social issues (incl. partner relationship, cultural issues)
- hypnotherapy/NLP remedial interventions
- cognitive therapy
- behavioural therapy (including sensate focusing
- case studies
Upon enrolment, you will be sent the course material via email. To make the best use of this course, it is suggested you read through all of the material at least once or twice, before starting to answer the questions at the end of each section. If you have difficulty in answering any question, go back and re-read the relevant part again. You do not need to submit your answers to these.
When you feel confident that you have absorbed the content, get in touch with us and we will send you the final assessment for you to complete and return for marking. We offer support throughout. Upon a successful assessment, you will be issued with a diploma certificate and registered as having completed the course, which is equivalent to 20 CPD hours. The assessor holds a Royal Society of Arts NVQ award in psychotherapy/hypnotherapy training.
CPD: 20 Hours
Visit our website for more information.
PSI Training - Mike Garrett and Nicolette Pinkney. Delivering professional training in the field of hypnotherapy, psychotherapy and solution-focused counselling since 1989, we have developed a unique model of therapy. This is reflected in our distance-learning CPD courses, which are adapted from our intensive weekend masterclasses.