Working with couples CPD - online diploma
About this CPD course
There are surprisingly few therapists who choose to work with couples. Perhaps to some, having two people sat in their consulting room may appear somewhat intimidating, particularly if the relationship between the two of them is antagonistic. However, once you understand the dynamics, it becomes surprisingly easy to adapt your existing therapeutic skillset, in order to offer this rewarding therapy to those needing it.
The purpose of this distance learning training is to give you a better understanding of the dynamics involved, the problems and issues you may encounter and some interventions you can use, adding a further modality to your repertoire, which in turn, gives you that 'Unique Selling Point'.
Extend your client range by learning how to adapt your therapeutic skills to dealing with relationship problems. Couples are made up of individuals and once the expectation and communication issues have been resolved, therapy naturally moves on to the treatment of the individuals.
- therapies used
- understanding relationships
- common relationship problems (including communication issues, intimacy issues, sexual issues, trust/infidelity and violence/abuse)
- the psycho-biology of gender
- structure of consultations
- how to handle the initial dual consultations
- assessing readiness to change
- how to move the process of therapy on
- how to analyse the conflicts and use solution-focused techniques to clarify objectives and misunderstandings
- information gathering (incl. conflicts, relationship models, perceptual style)
- deciding on outcomes
- dual Interventions (incl. Contextual reframing, sequence disruption, semantic challenges)
- NLP and hypnotherapeutic interventions
- homework assignment for clients
- case studies
Upon enrolment, you will be sent the course material via email. To make the best use of this course, it is suggested you read through all of the material at least once or twice, before starting to answer the questions at the end of each section. If you have difficulty in answering any question, go back and re-read the relevant part again. You do not need to submit your answers to these.
When you feel confident that you have absorbed the content, get in touch with us and we will send you the final assessment for you to complete and return for marking. We offer support throughout. Upon a successful assessment, you will be issued with a diploma certificate and registered as having completed the course, which is equivalent to 20 CPD hours. The assessor holds a Royal Society of Arts NVQ award in psychotherapy/hypnotherapy training.
CPD: 20 Hours
Visit our website for more information.
PSI Training - Mike Garrett and Nicolette Pinkney. Delivering professional training in the field of hypnotherapy, psychotherapy and solution-focused counselling since 1989, we have developed a unique model of therapy. This is reflected in our distance-learning CPD courses, which are adapted from our intensive weekend masterclasses.