Professional bodies and hypnotherapist registers
- Association for Professional Hypnosis and Psychotherapy (APHP)
The Association for Professional Hypnosis and Psychotherapy (APHP) is a professional hypnotherapy and psychotherapy body aiming to maintain a high standard of professionalism among its members.
- British Association of Therapeutic Hypnotists & NLP Practitioners (BAThH)
A self-regulating hypnotherapy and NLP professional body first formed in 1951.
- British Institute of Hypnotherapy & NLP (BIH)
The British Institute of Hypnotherapy is a long established association of hypnotherapists/psychotherapists and NLP practitioners who are committed to the highest standards of ethical practice and professional competence.
- British Society of Clinical Hypnosis (BSCH)
A national professional body promoting and assuring high standards of hypnotherapy practice.
- Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
An umbrella organisation established with government support to regulate a variety of complementary therapies including hypnosis.
- General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR)
The GHR comprises individual practitioners and is open to any hypnotherapist who is able to satisfy the criteria with regard to both training and ongoing requirements as determined from time to time by the GHSC.
- Hypnotherapy Association (HA)
A leading independent professional body representing approved hypnotherapists in active practice.
- The National Hypnotherapy Society (HS)
The National Hypnotherapy Society is a professional body whose primary purpose is the advancement of the knowledge of hypnotherapy and the fostering of professional hypnotherapy expertise through training, accreditation and continued professional development of their members. In 2013 the HS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme.
- International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Association (IMDHA)
A Referral Service dedicated to providing members of the public with trained Certified hypnotherapists.
- National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH)
NCH are committed to ensuring the highest possible professional standards among their members.
- National Register of Hypnotherapists and Psychotherapists (NRHP)
A not for profit register of qualified hypnotherapists and psychotherapists in the UK.
- Society of Stress Managers (SSM)
A professional body for practising Stress Managers and Hypnotherapists.
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
The UKCP is a comprehensive register of UK Psychotherapists.
Hypnotherapy Directory is not responsible for the content of external websites.
Find the right hypnotherapist for you
All therapists are verified professionals.