Dr Kumar Shanmugam
I am Dr Kumar Shanmugam and work as a Consultant Psychiatrist.
I have got over 12 years’ experience of working in the NHS as a Psychiatrist. This has given me a wide knowledge and understanding of issues related to stress and mental health. I am one the very few Psychiatrists practicing hypnotherapy in UK.
I hold medical degrees (MBBS, MRCPsych) and work as a Consultant Psychiatrist. I developed a keen interest in Hypnotherapy and earned my Practitioner Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy & NLP that is accredited by General Hypnotherapy Standard Council (GHSC) and National Hypnotherapy Society.
Why do I practice hypnotherapy being a psychiatrist?
- Because IT WORKS!
- Hypnotherapy does not come with side effects.
- It worked for me and so why not for YOU?
- Heard from a lot of people saying, “I wish I had hypnotherapy years ago”.
Difficulties I can help you with:
- Smoking cessation.
- Self-image & weight management/loss.
- Habits & addictions - drinking, drug abuse, nail biting, hair pulling, etc.
- Anxiety - public speaking, poor self-esteem & confidence, blushing etc.
- Phobias - dentists, vomiting, needles, dogs, flying, spiders, driving, etc.
- Sleep problems.
- IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome).
- Anger management.
- Chronic pain – post-surgical, arthritis, terminal illness etc.
Training, qualifications & experience
- General Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice (GHQP)
- Practitioner Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy (DipHyp)
- Guild of NLP Endorsed Diploma in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (DNLP)
- Hypnotherapy Smoking Cessation Specialist Training Course
- Hypnotherapy Weight Management Specialist Training Course
- General Hypnotherapy Register Accredited Practitioner (GHReg)
- General Hypnotherapy Standards Council Accredited Practitioner (GHSC)
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Please contact me by telephone/WhatsApp or email and suggest a preferred time to call you back. I will reply as soon as I possibly can. All contacts are completely confidential.