Dr Kumar Shanmugam
I am Dr Kumar Shanmugam and work as a Consultant Psychiatrist.
I have got over 12 years’ experience of working in the NHS as a Psychiatrist. This has given me a wide knowledge and understanding of issues related to stress and mental health. I am one the very few Psychiatrists practicing hypnotherapy in UK.
I hold medical degrees (MBBS, MRCPsych) and work as a Consultant Psychiatrist. I developed a keen interest in Hypnotherapy and earned my Practitioner Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy & NLP that is accredited by General Hypnotherapy Standard Council (GHSC) and National Hypnotherapy Society.
Why do I practice hypnotherapy being a psychiatrist?
- Because IT WORKS!
- Hypnotherapy does not come with side effects.
- It worked for me and so why not for YOU?
- Heard from a lot of people saying, “I wish I had hypnotherapy years ago”.
Difficulties I can help you with:
- Smoking cessation.
- Self-image & weight management/loss.
- Habits & addictions - drinking, drug abuse, nail biting, hair pulling, etc.
- Anxiety - public speaking, poor self-esteem & confidence, blushing etc.
- Phobias - dentists, vomiting, needles, dogs, flying, spiders, driving, etc.
- Sleep problems.
- IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome).
- Anger management.
- Chronic pain – post-surgical, arthritis, terminal illness etc.
Training, qualifications & experience
- General Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice (GHQP)
- Practitioner Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy (DipHyp)
- Guild of NLP Endorsed Diploma in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (DNLP)
- Hypnotherapy Smoking Cessation Specialist Training Course
- Hypnotherapy Weight Management Specialist Training Course
- General Hypnotherapy Register Accredited Practitioner (GHReg)
- General Hypnotherapy Standards Council Accredited Practitioner (GHSC)
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
Please contact me by telephone/WhatsApp or email and suggest a preferred time to call you back. I will reply as soon as I possibly can. All contacts are completely confidential.