Judith Hanson DipCHyp, HPD, MNCH, GQHP, CNHC
My aim with each client is to work with him or her to make their life better in whatever way is right for them. My beliefs are key to what I do:
- Everyone can change if they really want to
- We are each responsible for how we are and how we behave
- We all have the resources and strengths we need to make the changes we chose to make
- We are all unique, wonderful human beings
It may be hard for you to believe that you can deal with your issue right now so all I ask is that you really want your life to be different in some way and then it is up to me to help you learn whatever you need to make those changes and become the person that you want to be. How do I do that?
I use my skills (hypnotherapy, CBT, NLP, coaching) and my life experience to work with each client in the way that is right for them and each session is usually a mixture of hypnotherapy and coaching.
There are no guarantees but there are some important things that are major contributors to our success:
- Our work together really is a partnership and thus requires us each to respect and trust the other. I may not be the right therapist for you and that is absolutely fine and you’ll know by the end of the first session, if not before. If that is true then it is not a problem as I want the very best chance of success for each person I make contact with.
- If we do continue to work together then we are equally responsible for the result. I bring my skills and experience to the partnership. I expect you to turn up for sessions, participate fully and complete any between session tasks that I set for you.
- During the first session we will agree our therapy goal and, more importantly, how we will know that we have achieved it. You may feel that you want to work on a number of issues and so we will start with the number one priority and you will find that changes made on that issue will have a positive affect on the rest of your life. We can always review any outstanding issues at the end of our initial programme.
I specialise in anxiety, fears, phobias and habits, working with both adults and children.I work with children from age six upwards on a range of issues like bullying or behavioural problems and always with a parent or guardian present. I am particularly interested in helping those who are suffering with anxiety and nerves about SATs, GCSE's, A Levels or other similar challenging situations.
The one thing that I can guarantee is that I will always do my absolute best for each and every client that chooses to work with me.
My favourite quote is “It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters” Epictetus (Greek Philosopher). We cannot choose what happens to us, we cannot change other people but we can change ourselves and choose how we respond to what (or who) comes our way.
"Many thanks for the wonderful results you achieved with our daughter who came to you with bullying and self-esteem issues. She has flourished since your course of coaching and hypnotherapy and become a more confident person with skills to deal with this dreadful behaviour by her peers...I would just like to reiterate our thanks for all your help and continued support during what has been a stressful time for all concerned and you always made her feel so important. Thank you."
"Just like to thank you for your help with my anxiety – you really helped me through a bad time of my life...You taught me techniques on how to help myself through hard situations...that...I will use in the future. Within 2 sessions I felt very confident I could get through any anxious times I will face. You made me feel very relaxed whilst receiving the hypnotherapy and comfortable, you’re a really good coach and therapist! I will definitely be recommending you. Thank you once again"
I had never tried hypnotherapy before but Judith instantly made me feel at ease. After only a few sessions I could feel and see the difference, which has helped me immensely in everyday life. I am still on my path of self-improvement and find great strength in all the work Judith and I have done. Thanks again Judith
“The hypnotherapy sessions helped me to gain confidence in myself…”
“Judith is a fantastic listener...”
“I would definitely recommend Judith – she loves her work and it shows”
“Judith is a lovely lady and has helped me change my negative attitude… and this has helped me change the way that I feel…”
Training, qualifications & experience
Clinical Hypnotherapy (18 days training plus HPD Portfolio)
Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma from the National Council for Hypnotherapy (300+ hours to create Portfolio plus 5 case studies (21 two hour sessions) completed and documented)
Certified NLP Master Practitioner (a total of 40 days training)
Certified NLP Coach (20 days training)
Working as a coach with individuals and teams using NLP techniques since 2010
Hypnotherapy Practice established January 2013
16 years experience as a trainer, including interpersonal skills training, for a wide variety of public and private organisations
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Depression *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Sleep disorders *
- Stress *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Hypnotherapy with Children: Bullying, Self Confidence, Self Esteem, Behavioural Problems, Nightmares and Sleep Problems, Learning and Exams, Habits,
For all issues, except for smoking, I offer a four-session package, which consists of up to 8 hours of hypnotherapy and coaching.
Type of session
I offer evening and Saturday appointments in addition to normal weekday times