Anne Wyatt HPD, DHP, SFH Sup, BSc, MA Hons, AfSFH reg,
Bon Accord Hypnotherapy
Banchory Business Centre
Burn O'Bennie Road
Hello and welcome to my profile. Have you ever noticed that the more you focus on problems, the bigger your problems feel and the more negative you become? Solution Focused Hypnotherapy supports you in moving forward with your life and goals. If focusing on problems doesn’t work for you, perhaps, it’s time to find positive solutions. With sessions available either face to face or equally effectively through Skype, distance is no problem.
I am a registered Solution Focused Hypnotherapist and Psychotherapist covering Aberdeenshire and City. Appointments are available both face to face and via Skype, allowing clients from across the UK and beyond to access support.
My interest in Hypnotherapy began when I discovered its use for some adults who stammer during my training as a Speech and Language Therapist. I then received Solution Focused Hypnotherapy myself following a period of illness was amazed at the positive change in my way of thinking and behaving. The absolute convincer came when this approach cured me of a 40-year severe dental phobia. Inspired to learn more, I trained as a Solution Focused Hypnotherapist myself and now run a busy full time practice in Banchory, near Aberdeen.
What can Solution Focused Hypnotherapy Help with?
Over the years I have helped hundreds of clients with a wide range of issues, including:
- Stress and anxiety
- Symptoms of depression
- Fears and phobias
- Improving sleep
- Confidence and self-esteem building
- Obsessions (including OCD)
- Anger management
- Issues with food
- Goal achievement
- Focus and motivation
- Smoking and other addictions and habits
- Enhancing sports performance
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Reducing pain
- Performance in the work place
- Stammering / stuttering
Solution Focused Hypnotherapy is a collaborative process between client and therapist and several sessions are often required. The combination of your commitment to the therapy process and my skills and knowledge in the field of Solution Focused Hypnotherapy makes the achievement of your goals and a brighter future a real possibility!
What is Solution Focused Hypnotherapy?
My approach is based on up to date research from neuroscience and incorporates the very best elements of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Neuro Linguistic Programming with these three key techniques.
- Solution Focused Therapy – clients focus on how they do want to be and are supported in identifying the small, positive steps that will help move their lives forward
- Brain based therapy – uses the latest research from medical neuroscience to explain how our mind creates unwanted behaviours and symptoms and allows us to see how we can harness its power to work for, rather than against, us.
- Hypnotherapy uses the very natural state of hypnosis, experienced by us all daily, to create change at a subconscious level. It is a safe, proven and effective tool to achieve lasting positive change
Why choose me as your Hypnotherapist?
I am very passionate about hypnotherapy and am a positive, enthusiastic and dedicated therapist. I’ve also experienced anxiety and phobic reactions in the past and have experienced first-hand the powerful benefits of Solution Focused Hypnotherapy. It completely changed my life and I’m now dedicated to allowing others to experience the same.
What should I expect from my first session?
Whether face to face or online via Skype, the initial consultation is a fundamental part of therapy and serves a number or purposes. It allows me to find out about the positive changes you’d like to see in your life and also allows you to find out more about my approach and whether or not it is right for you. I’ll explain how the brain works in creating unwanted symptoms, feelings and behaviours and you will leave understanding why you have been feeling the way you have been and how you can move forward in a positive way. I will explain what Hypnotherapy is and how I incorporate the best elements of CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Psychology) and NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) into your individually tailored sessions. I’ll also remove some of the common myths (you won’t lose control and certainly won’t be clucking like a chicken!) and you’ll have plenty of time to ask any questions. I’ll give you a free hypnotherapy recording to use at home to get the process off to a great start.
At the end of the session, it will be entirely up to you whether or not to continue with further sessions – it has to be right for you so there is no pressure whatsoever to continue.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully qualified and insured Solution Focused Clinical Hypnotherapist, a Senior Lecturer for the Clifton Practice Hypnotherapy Training School in Newcastle and am also a fully qualified Solution Focused Supervisor. I trained at The Clifton Practice Hypnotherapy Training School (CPHT), which is a recognised, accredited Centre of Excellence in Clinical Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy and a leading UK government recognised teaching authority.
My qualifications include:
- DHP - Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy
- HPD - Hypnotherapy Practioners Diploma
- SFH Sup - Solution Focused Supervisor (level 5 diploma, NCFE)
- BSc - Bachelor of Science (Speech and Language Pathology)
- MA Hons - Master of Arts (Honours 2:1)
I am also registered with the following organisations:
- Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapists (AfSFH
- National Council for Hypnotherapists.
- PVG and DBS checked - Enhanced level (the highest level of criminal record check).
How do you know that I am properly qualified and safe to practice?
To check this, you can visit the National Council for Hypnotherapy website. I am also a member of the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC), the UK regulator for complementary healthcare practitioners, sponsored by the Department of Health. Its key function is to enhance public protection by setting standards for registration with CNHC. Registration of both of these bodies ensures that I am fully qualified and insured, committed to working at the highest standards, adhere to a code of professional conduct and regularly update my skills and knowledge through further training and supervision.
Thank you for reading my profile. If this sounds like the right approach for you, I’d be delighted to talk to you and arrange that first appointment. Together, we can get the real you back – the best that you can be!
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Initial consultation £75 ( includes a hypnotherapy recording to take away).
An initial discussion for between 60 and 70 minutes which provides the opportunity to
- gather background information.
- begin to explore the positive changes you would like to see in your life.
- provide an explanation of how the brain works and creates the symptoms you are experiencing.
- explain how solution focused hypnotherapy can help.
- answer any questions you may have.
Solution Focused Hypnotherapy £75
- Individual sessions.
- 60 - 70 mins per session.
- Please note, therapy for phobias typically requires 3 sessions.
Stop Smoking - £165 (No initial consultation required).
- One off session.
- 90 - 120 mins.
- Includes free hypnotherapy recording to take away.
What clients say (see www.bonaccordhypnotherapy.com/reviews for more)
"For the past 50 plus years I have lived in my own little bubble, low self esteem, anti-social, phobias about food. Bad body image (even though I had several cosmetic procedures). Then one day last November I came across Anne Wyatt hypnotist while browsing the internet. She had a picture of herself with the happiest smiling face. This why I chose her, I had been to several others over the years without much success.
Only after one session with Anne I felt a different person, stronger although I didn't realise this until an incident came about. I felt wonderful. Anne give you the tools to change your life right round.
I have had quite a few sessions with great success. I should liked to have met Anne many years ago, but since I am 67 it wouldn't have been possible.
If anyone is reading this and doesn't want to waste their life like I did I strongly recommend Anne, you will not regret it. She is the happiest calming person. Every time I left the session I was so positive I could have skipped all the way home."
Monday 9am - 8pm Tuesday 9am - 5pm Wednesday 9am - 8pm Thursday 9am - 8pm Friday 9am - 1pm Saturday closed Sunday closed