Hello and welcome to my profile.
My approach is to alleviate discomfort in the first instance by providing a safe space where you can relax and feel heard.
My aim is to empower you to help yourself and facilitate transformation on a deep level.
I work with a wide range of issues: anxiety, panic attacks, anger, emotional difficulties, negative thought patterns, relationship difficulties, feeling stuck in life, fertility, miscarriage, trauma, birth trauma, post-natal depression, early life issues, childhood abuse, trauma/PTSD and generally anyone having a hard time. I work with pregnancy, providing emotional support, birth preparation (hypnobirthing) and post-natal support for mothers.
In a gentle and caring manner, I provide a safe space for you to explore and resolve inner conflicts and emotional difficulties. Healing the past is not always easy and may bring up difficult emotions. I believe, however, that going to the root cause is paramount to finding one's inner peace. Letting go of the past enables change and creates space for positive transformation on a deep level.
I use a combination of techniques that include counselling/talking therapy, mindfulness, hypnosis, relaxation, breathing, regression, inner child work, creative imagination/visualisation, dreamwork, somatic trauma work, eye movement therapies, EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique), Emotrance, NLP and more. All sessions are tailored to your needs.
There is no magic wand and life-long issues cannot simply disappear in 1 or 2 sessions. I view my role as a facilitator of change, however you are the only one who can do the inner work to achieve this change and this requires time and trust. All hypnosis is self-hypnosis.
My skills also include sound therapy, therapeutic voicework and healing. I often draw on sound tools to help you release emotional blocks. Therapeutic voicework is an excellent tool to release unexpressed emotions such as anger. When you hold on to your emotions, they get 'stored up' in your body and when your body becomes overloaded, physical symptoms start to show up. How long have you been holding on to your emotions? Isn't it time to finally let go so you can move on with your life?
I am fully insured and registered with the General Hypnotherapy Register, the Complementary Therapists Association and FEDANT (the Federation of Antenatal Educators). I am also registered with the National Counselling Society.
For more information check out:
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy (Institute of Clinical Hypnosis)
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis (Institute of Clinical Hypnosis)
- 2-year training in Energy Psychology (Counselling, EFT, EmoTrance, Eye Movement Therapies, Psychology of the Chakras)
- Diploma in Sound Healing + Diploma in Therapeutic Voicework
- Certification in HypnoBirthing (Mongan Method)
- Certification in Pre and Perinatal Psychology Education (APPPAH)
- Certification in Advanced Past Life Regression (Institute of Clinical Hypnosis and Dolores Cannon)
- Practitioner of EmoTrance Certification (Siderus Foundation)
- Continual Professional Development is a requirement of the General Hypnotherapy Register. To comply with this requirement, I regularly attend relevant CPD trainings and seminars, conferences and masterclasses.
- I volunteered for 5 years (Jan 2014 to Dec 2018) in a counselling/psychotherapy capacity at City Pregnancy Counselling and Psychotherapy dealing with fertility, pregnancy issues, miscarriages, repeated miscarriages, termination, birth trauma, new mothers and other women's issues.
- I am also trained in somatic trauma work and developmental trauma also known as Complex Trauma and I have a special interest in prenatal and birth trauma
- I am currently half-way through a 4-year training in prenatal and birth therapy (Castellino method) working with prenatal and birth patterns.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Post-natal support
- Birth trauma
- Somatic trauma work/PTSD
- Early life issues
- Inner child work
- Birth regression
- Short term therapy (less than 10 sessions) booked 'as and when' - 90 min sessions: £85 per session
- Long term therapy (over 10 sessions) on a weekly basis - 90 min sessions: £75 per session
- 50-min sessions can be offered on a long term basis, at the cost of £55 per session.
- Initial assessment session: £85 (90 min)
For birth preparation and birth healing, please check www.soundbirthing.co.uk
- Helping people having a hard time
- Supporting change & transformation
- Helping with relationship issues
- Deep emotional release work
- PTSD/Somatic trauma work
- Dreamwork / Creative imagination work
- Helping people become more authentic
- Empowering women in childbirth
- Also registered with Counselling Directory
Type of session
Day time and evening appointments available