Marilyn Soghomonian BA(Hons), MBACP, DHP, MAPHP(Acc), NLP(Master Prac)
I offer Professional, Compassionate & Confidential Therapy in Reading, Berkshire and the surrounding areas. I am an experienced Hypnotherapist & BACP Registered Therapeutic Counsellor (Integrative) and specialise in Eating Disorders & Weight Management. I aim to offer a warm, gentle and non-judgmental approach to therapy in a comfortable, safe and confidential environment.
Are you using food to cope with the pressures of life or for emotional comfort rather than for self nourishment?
Would you like to learn how you can change your relationship with food, including your attitude towards eating and weight?
Imagine how life would be if you could…
- Stop dieting and start living
- Stop food cravings and take back control of your weight
- Enjoy every mouthful you eat and still maintain a healthy weight
- Eat whenever you are hungry and stop when you are full
- Eliminate emotional and comfort eating and start nourishing
- and taking care of yourself without turning to food
- Feel better about yourself and have more energy
- Maintain a healthy weight for life
Many people who suffer from the painful cycles of weight loss and weight gain, or yo-yo dieting, know all too well that diets don’t work in the long term. Reducing and maintaining a healthy weight is not just about stopping eating, depriving or skipping meals. It’s more about understanding and changing the emotional reasons behind your desire to overeat – the often desperate and uncontrollable need to “self-soothe” with food. It’s just as much about changing your mindset as it is about changing your lifestyle.
You will receive the support you need to help you explore and resolve your difficulties with food and eating.
Therapy sessions are tailored specifically for your individual needs, to ensure that you get the results you desire, and are conducted in a highly professional & ethical manner.
Training, qualifications & experience
I've been in Private Practice since 2008, and work with Adults 18yrs +
I've also worked as a Volunteer Counsellor at Berkshire NHS Eating Disorders Service at Erleigh Road, Reading, Berkshire, from 2014 to 2016.
Lecturer & Tutor
I am an approved Lecturer & Tutor of CPCAB (Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body), currently delivering L2 Cerificate Counselling Skills, L3 Certificate Counselling Studies and L4 Diploma Therapeutic Counselling courses at CPTA (Counselling & Psychotherapy Training Academy). I am experienced marking students work and ensuring criterion are meeting expectations and standards for internal and external verification.
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Integrative) - CPCAB
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy – Royal Berkshire College of Clinical Hypnosis
- Certificate Ericksonian Hypnosis – Think Big Education
- Diploma Master Practitioner Eating Disorders & Obesity(Accredited by the British Psychological Society) – National Centre for Eating Disorders
- Certificate in Nutritional Skills for Eating Disorders – National Centre for Eating Disorders
- Certificate Practitioner Skills in Obesity Management – National Centre for Eating Disorders
- Licensed Hypno-Band Practitioner - Hypno-Band Weight Loss System
- Master Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- EFT Practitioner Certificate (Emotional Freedom Technique)
- Practitioner Diploma in the Art and Science of Neuro Linguistic Programming & Clean Language – NLP Northeast
- Diploma Personal & Professional Coach – The Coaching Academy (Accredited)
- BA(Hons) Degree in English and American Literature - University of Kent at Canterbury, UK
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Specialist for food, body image and weight issues.
Licensed Hypno-Band Practitioner
Master Practitioner for Weight Management, Eating Disorders & Obesity -
Weight Loss & Maintenance without dieting.
Photos & videos
Free 30 minute Consultation
Individual sessions £75 per 50 minutes
For further details please visit my website: www.quantumleaptherapy.com
I am a Member of the following Professional Associations and abide by their Code of Ethics:
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy - (BACP) Registered Member
The Association for Professional Hypnosis and Psychotherapy - (APHP) Accredited Member
General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR) - Registered Member
National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH) - Registered Member
National Centre for Eating Disorders (NCFED) - Affiliate Member
- Also registered with Counselling Directory
Tuesday 9:30am to 6:00pm, Thursday 9:30am to 8:00pm, Saturday 10:30am to 3:00pm