Alan Gray MA BSc (Hons) DHP HPD AdvDipH DMS MNCH MNCP (Accred)
07722 071 217
Become the Person You Want to Be...
If you suffer from:
Stress, anxiety, panic attacks, Lack confidence,
Depression, Being overweight, Low self-esteem,
Alcohol or smoking addiction, Gambling or over eating,
Other unwanted habits, Worrying yourself sick, or Fears & phobias.
I can help you regain your self-belief and confidence...
With natural ways to reduce stress, gain confident, lose weight, stop smoking, overcome anxiety, fears & phobias, banish depression, resolve panic attacks, improve relationships, enjoy better sex, and more.
Understanding, professional and non-judgemental consultations
at professional premises: Scarborough Hypnotherapy, 29-31 Falsgrave Road, Scarborough YO125EA, North Yorkshire. Unlike many less professional hypnotherapists Alan doesn't work from home.
Enhancing your well-being and peace of mind.
Alan Gray is a Clinical Hypnotherapist, Psychotherapist and NLP Master Practitioner with over 10 years of varied professional experience and a further fifteen years in the education sector as an assessor and lecturer. He is one of the most qualified and experienced practitioners in the North of England. Alan is also fully qualified by the "University of Hard Knocks"!
He initially trained as a Hypnoanalyst with the Hypnotherapy Control Board and was invited to join The International Association of Pure Hypnoanalysts (IAPH), now The International Association of Evidence Based Psychotherapy. Alan has since added many other qualifications, including Advanced Diplomas in Hypnotherapy and Stress Consultancy.
His qualifications include the premier standard Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma (HPD), the only independently accredited national hypnotherapy qualification at practitioner level.
Alan has completed a programme of analytical hypnotherapy himself to ensure he is free of anxieties and negative habits.
His formal qualifications and memberships are listed below. "Accreditation" indicates the highest standard of training and experience.
ALAN'S PASSION IS TO HELP YOU MAKE POSITIVE CHANGES IN YOUR LIFE. Your needs are his focus.
Some Client Testimonials
"I visited Alan Gray earlier this year as I was experiencing personal problems. On my first visit I found Alan to be a person who never judges you, but who was quite happy to sit and listen to the problems I was experiencing. The more sessions I attended the more I found I was able to talk openly about my troubles. The hypnotherapy I underwent has made me stronger as a person and all this is down to one person: Alan Gray. I would not hesitate to seek treatment from Alan in the future if I need to.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank him for giving me my life back. When I wake in the morning I'm ready to face the world with confidence and relish. Once again Alan many thanks. If it wasn't for you I would still be suffering from the problems that you have been able to resolve with your patient treatment and also sense of humour and understanding".
Best wishes, Steve from Whitby.
"I went to hypnotherapy to seek help for a phobia that I have had for as long as I can remember and I thought I was going to have it forever. When I went to Alan I was skeptical however I was greeted with a lovely, chatty gentleman who made me feel very at ease and after my first session with him I saw a drastic improvement in my phobia. I had 3 sessions and my phobia has disappeared and I can now live without the limitations that my phobia caused me. I never thought it would be so easy to get rid of but it was. I would highly recommend Alan to anyone".
Kind regards, Jade-Taylor
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Hypnotherapy
- Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Advanced Neuro-Noetic Hypnosis Certification
- Diploma in Hypnoanalysis & Psychotherapy
- Advanced Diploma in Stress Consultancy
- Licensed Practitioner Hypno-Band (Virtual Gastric Band)
- Master Practitioner Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Advanced Practitioner Emotional Freedom Techniques
- PhD Metaphysics
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Pure Hypnoanalysis
- Advanced Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist
- Diploma in Past Life Regression
- BSc (Hons) (Wales)
- Diploma in Management Studies (Scottish Business School)
- MA (East Anglia)
- Smoking Cessation Certification
- 5-PATH Advanced Transformational Hypnotherapist
- Doctorate Complementary Medicine
- Advanced Practitioner Meridian Energy Therapies
- Certified Practitioner IBS Holistic Therapy
- Postgraduate Teaching Certificate Further Education & NVQ Assessor Qualified
- Educational Performance Practitioner
Recent Continuous Professional Development (CPD) have included:
Anatomy and Pathophysiology for Clinical Hypnotherapy,
Health Psychology for Behaviour Change, and
Mindfulness for Therapists.
- General Hypnotherapy Register (Senior Advanced Practitioner)
- National Council for Hypnotherapy (Accredited)
- Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (Registered)
- The Hypnotherapy Association (Full Member)
- National Council of Psychotherapists (Senior Accredited)
- National Guild of Hypnotists (USA) (Certified Consulting Hypnotist)
- UK Guild of Hypnotist Examiners (Master Practitioner)
- Fellow Associated Stress Consultants
- International Hypnosis Research Institute (USA) (Chartered)
- GHR Central Register Stop Smoking Therapists
- British Holistic Medical Association
- The College of Medicine
Institute of Biology (MIBiol)
British Institute of Management (MBIM)
NHS Provider Code: 8HE88
Enhanced Certificate Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) (Protection of Children Act)
He assists children from the age of 6 years to under 16 years old when accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Alan Gray follows comprehensive Codes of Conduct and Ethics required by his professional memberships.
Alan is happy to see clients from Scarborough, Whitby, Filey, Bridlington, Malton, Driffield and all villages within the surrounding areas.
We Become what We Perceive Ourselves to Be
Accredited register membership
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Photos & videos
Fees are stated in the 'Fees Page' (accessed from near top right Home Page) of the Scarborough Hypnotherapy website. To help you, session fees have been maintained at their present level for the last three years.
Please note: We are currently unable to accept cheques or cards as payment.
To be successful it is important that clients are motivated and disciplined in keeping appointments. Where there is a programme of sessions to be completed, it is recommended that weekly attendance is best.
Compared with other talking therapies, hypnotherapy can provide a relatively quick solution to many issues. However, clients should be realistic. The therapy should not be regarded as 'magic', or a necessarily a quick fix'.
At least 24 hours notice of a missed appointment should be given, otherwise a session fee will be payable.
All sessions are by pre-appointment only. Appointments can occasionally be made outside of normal working hours (after 5pm and on Saturdays).
Free parking (2.5 hours) is available close by at Sainsbury's Supermarket, or free for up to 3 hours on some local streets.
You can enter the Scarborough Hypnotherapy building in complete privacy.
Since there are several offices in the building so you could be visiting any one of these. There is also no inquisitive receptionist to ask you embarrassing questions.
For ease of access, the Practice is situated on the ground floor where there is a reception area and Alan will see you immediately. Appointments are arranged so that you are not kept waiting.