People choose to work with me because they need something to change. Although unsure where to start, they've realised something important: our difficulties don't always just go away.
Effective Help that Really Works
Over the past 10 years I have helped many people find lasting change in their lives. I am thorough and effective in my work, placing warmth, understanding and expert advice above all else.
I can help you with the following:
- Anxiety: social anxiety, work-based anxiety, performance anxiety (exams, presentations, stage fright, etc.), panic attacks, phobias, etc.
- Confidence: low self-esteem, negative self-talk, blushing, jealousy, insecurity, self-sabotage, poor body-image, etc.
- Motivation and procrastination: poor study or work performance, goal setting, low motivation to exercise, etc.
- Habits and behaviour: weight loss, smoking, nail biting, hair pulling (trichotillomania), etc.
- Obsessions and compulsions: intrusive thoughts, compulsive urges (e.g. binge eating and / or purging), and OCD.
- Sports Performance: focus and motivation, performance anxiety, self-belief and optimism, and developing a champion's mindset.
- Insomnia: problems getting to sleep, early morning waking, parasomnia, etc.
This list is not exhaustive – as an experienced therapist I work with a broad range of issues. I offer hypnotherapy sessions on a private one-to-one basis from my offices in Manchester city centre.
How Therapy Sessions Help
Well-delivered therapy can make a difference. The key is working with the right hypnotherapist. Here is what you can expect from me:
- I am experienced. I have helped thousands of people over the years. This experience informs my understanding and helps me get results.
- I am thorough. People are complicated, and a ‘one size fits all’ approach rarely works. I consider each angle carefully.
- I am knowledgeable. I have written several books and regularly present at workshops and seminars. I offer effective therapy that gets to the heart of the matter quickly.
- I am approachable. I'm friendly and down to earth. Clients often tell me I'm ‘normal for a therapist!’
- I am determined. I work diligently on behalf of each client to create the best results possible.
- I offer a free 60 minute consultation. You can call in for an informal chat to discover how I can help. You're then free to have a think about it afterwards. There is no obligation – it's entirely up to you.
The most important thing is your therapy sessions work for you. I have practised hypnotherapy in Manchester since 2005, and combine various proven techniques (hypnotherapy, neuro-linguistic programming (NLP), cognitive behavioural therapy, and more).
Training, qualifications & experience
10 years in private practice.
NLP Master practitioner diploma.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
The General Hypnotherapy Register
Hypnotherapists may become members of the General Hypnotherapy Register if they satisfy certain criteria with regard to both training and ongoing requirements as determined from time to time by the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (GHSC).
Members are either registered at Practitioner status (which confirms that the GHR acknowledges their qualification to practice), or Affiliate status. Although Affiliate level registrants will have completed a sufficient number of training hours to equip them to commence seeing clients on a limited basis, the GHR does not acknowledge them to have yet been trained to full practitioner level.
All GHR Registered Practitioners are required to accept the published Code of Ethics and Complaints & Disciplinary Procedure.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Motivation, procrastination, smoking.
FREE 60 minute consultation.
£80 per session.
Up to 30% discount for students, and people on lower incomes.