Wendy Elford, Accred Cllr; Hypnotherapist, EFT Pract, & Performance Life Coach
0118 996 8171
I have a passionate curiosity to understand the influence between the mind and body concerning our health.
I believe that what we think and feel and say both to ourselves and to others has an overall influence on our health.
I work privately as a counsellor and hypnotherapist and find that both these skills can be useful to help the client explore and heal from the presenting problem.
I provide a warm and professional place to work with my clients about a mile from Reading Town Centre.
I have a passion for life, and am known for being a positive and encouraging person. I believe that all things are possible and that life can be an adventure if we want it to be. I consider that everyone is unique. In my hypnotherapy and counselling skills I work with what the client provides rather than any structure and very much enjoy being creative and seeing the known come into focus. Eureka moments are wonderful!
How Hypnotherapy can help
Perhaps the best way to explain this is to tell you how one of my client's felt after working with me using hypnotherapy:
... I truly feel freer and lighter and believe I have gained some incredibly powerful tools to help me in the future ... the hypnotherapy itself has been powerful at times and always deeply relaxing, affirming and wonderful ...
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters Degree in Counselling. Title: Preparing for the Transition to Retirement: An exploration of the counsellors' and psychotherapists' personal experience.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling.
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills with NLP
- Level 5 Diploma in Performance Coaching with NLP
- Emotional Freedom Technique Training Level 1 and 2
- Post Qualifying Certificate Course in CBT Skills.
- Certificate in Counselling Skills.
- I am an accredited counsellor with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), which means that I completed rigorous and excellent training in order to meet the accreditation criteria.
- I am a professional member of the Hypnotherapy Society
I have experience working with phobias and habits, such as nail biting and smoking; anxiety and stress issues; low self-esteem; weight loss; sleep issues and chronic pain.
As part of my training, I carried out research regarding pain relief and in particular in the area of arthritis including psoriatic arthritis.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Photos & videos
£75 for 1 hour 30 minute sessions.
If you would like to book some hypnotherapy treatment please contact me by email (address above) stating your name, contact details, and the issue that you wish to have treated.
I will then contact you for an assessment which would be one hour, fee: £50. At this assessment we would consider the issue that you wish to have treated, boundaries in the therapeutic relationship, and a short experience of relaxation in hypnosis.
I am also an EFT Practitioner
Using EFT helps to release negative and painful emotions and/or physical symptoms. It is based on the recent developments and principles of Energy psychology. It can be described as a kind of psychological acupuncture, but without the needles. It can be used for any symptom or emotional issue. One client described using EFT as: 'I find it energising'.
My experience with clients using EFT has been one of joy. Most clients find some relief immediately whereas some need to work a little longer on the presenting issue.
- Also registered with Counselling Directory
I offer: day, evening, and weekend appointments