Tony Ian White - Hypnotherapist, Master NLP Practitioner, Counsellor (GQHP)
I'm a qualified experienced Clinical Hypnotherapist, an Anxiety UK Approved Therapist, a BACP registered Integrative Counsellor, work with individuals one-to-one, specialise in anxiety and depression, and provide individually tailored therapy services for help and support with a range of personal dilemmas and issues.
People consider me a compassionate person, sensitive to the needs of others, with a highly developed intuitive sense that accompanies great insight into the presenting problem. I work patiently from the client's perspective, respect both their confidentiality and right to be self governing, working collaboratively to achieve the desired outcomes.
I can work using highly effective brief strategic solution orientated interventions that help stop smoking and address weight management issues, including anxiety and depression.
How I work:
I provide brief hypnotic talking therapies that facilitate rapid change for a range of personal dilemmas and issues, utilise a wide range of effective therapeutic approaches, coupled with strong underpinning knowledge of how issues come into being.
The main idea behind integrative hypnotherapy is that you are unique, and what would work perfectly for you is not necessarily what would work for another person. As an integrative hypnotherapist, I therefore work to make a program of therapy that suits your specific individual needs and issues.
I abide by GHSC's Code of Ethics, BACP's Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions, attend regular monthly supervision, and undertake continuing personal and professional development training.
What is Hypnotherapy?
Hypnotherapy is a skilled communication aimed at directing a person’s imagination in a way that helps elicit changes in some perceptions, sensations, feelings, thoughts and behaviours.
In a typical hypnotherapy session the hypnotherapist and client will discuss the intended alterations or therapeutic goals desired. A hypnotherapist will ask questions about previous medical history, general health and lifestyle to decide on the best approach for the individual.
Hypnotherapy may be found to be helpful for those seeking relief from a range of problems and is used alongside a person’s own willpower and motivation to seek a desired goal. It is often used to help relieve anxiety, aid sleeping, help to address bed-wetting, address attitudes to weight, and help clients achieve behavioural change to stop smoking.
It may also help with minor skin conditions that are exacerbated by stress and confidence issues, and may also be used to enhance performance in areas such as sport and public speaking. Hypnotherapy may help people to cope with and manage the relief of perceived pain.
Who may benefit from Hypnotherapy?
The answer to this question is ‘virtually everyone’. Given that hypnotherapy can be utilised to access a person’s inner potential and that probably no one is performing to their actual potential, then this answer is literally true. However, it is not just potential which Hypnotherapy is well placed to address but also one’s inner resources to effect beneficial change.
In this regard, it is the innate healing capacity of our own body that may be stimulated by Hypnotherapy. Consequently, the list of problems which may be amenable to Hypnotherapy is far too long and varied to catalogue but certainly includes: stress, anxiety, panic, phobias, unwanted habits and addictions (e.g. smoking, overeating, alcoholism), disrupted sleep patterns, lack of confidence and low self-esteem, fear of examinations and public speaking, allergies and skin disorders, migraine and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
As an adjunct to other counselling techniques, it can also assist in helping to resolve relationship difficulties and be useful within anger management strategies (General Hypnotherapy Standards Council & General Hypnotherapy Register, 2017).
Training, qualifications & experience
- Qualified & Experienced Clinical Hypnotherapist
- Qualified & Experienced Practitioner & Master NLP Practitioner
- Qualified & Experienced Integrative Counsellor & Talking Therapist
- Anxiety UK Approved Therapist
- Registered Member of British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (Member No: 733516)
- Accredited Practitioner with General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (GQHP)
- Registered Practitioner on General Hypnotherapy Register (Reg. No: 6231)
- Registered Practitioner with Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (Reg. No: 000069-F14)
- Registered Accredited Practitioner with Professional Standards Authority (PSA)
- Member of American Union of Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Certificate in Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (LCCH International)
- Diploma of Higher Education in (Integrative Therapy) Counselling (University Centre Stratford)
- Certificate of Higher Education in Counselling & Counselling Skills (Birkbeck, University of London)
- Practitioner Diploma in Integrative Evidence-Based Clinical Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy (ICCHP)
- Certificate in the Theory & Principles of Indirect Hypnosis, Ericksonian Psychotherapy and NLP (BHR)
- Practitioner & Master Practitioner Certificate in Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Certificate
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Anticipatory Anxiety
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Compulsive Hoarding
- Compulsive Skin Picking
- Dental Phobia
- Depersonalisation Disorder
- Fear of Flying
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Health Anxiety
- Injection Phobia
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Postnatal Anxiety
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Separation Anxiety
- Social Anxiety
- Social Phobia
- Toilet Phobia
Photos & videos
Fees are generally £65 to £75 per session (dependent upon location) with a sliding scale for low income families and people on benefits (current evidence required).
Skype sessions are also available if you can't get over to see me at the clinic or if you would prefer?
Alternatively, reduced rates can also be obtained by registering through Anxiety UK specifically for people presenting with a range of anxiety disorders and conditions such as stress, anxiety, and anxiety based depression (please see the video).
Cancellations require a minimum 48 hour notice period via phone or text, otherwise a fee may be subsequently charged.
I'm an Anxiety UK Approved Therapist providing therapeutic support to the charity’s members and partner beneficiaries. I am subject to Anxiety UK’s regular monitoring of my professional qualifications, supervision, continual professional development, insurance and professional body membership in addition to complying with the ethical framework and professional standards set down by my registered governing body.
- Anxiety and Depression
- Self Esteem and Confidence
- Specific Learning Difficulties
- Adult ADHD
- Autism Spectrum
Clinics are based in Stratford E15, South Woodford E18, and Harlow CM18 areas. Home visits are possible by prior arrangement.
I’ve had the good fortune of knowing Tony through my Yoga sessions. He is really passionate about assisting people to find their own solutions and empowers them. I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking healing for past experiences, or freeing themselves from fears, and building courage to live life fully. Whatever your reasons, you will have an experience of total serenity during each one of Tony’s sessions.
- Ramila Patel, Advanced Yoga Teacher and Well-being Mentor
Tony has been instrumental in helping me overcome procrastination with essay submissions. Without his support, I would have been unable to continue my University studies. Having the lived experience of learning disabilities which has inhibited progress in all aspects of my life, I now have a sense of renewed vigour and gratitude for life and learning.
- Student, Newham University Centre
I've found Tony to be compassionate with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. He is empathic, diligent and sensitive to individual need. I also find him conscientious, truthful and highly principled. He demonstrates integrity, and is committed to alleviating suffering, empowers people, promotes personal growth, self-awareness, and independence. He has been instrumental in turning my life around, particularly in dealing with long standing issues around Generalised Anxiety, Social Anxiety and Panic Attacks.
- Ms. McManus-Wood, Harlow, Essex.
Fully accessible building in Stratford with adjacent parking. Stairs to first floor in South Woodford with 2 hours free parking at Sainsbury’s. Wheelchair access in Harlow with free parking and entrance to the rear of the building.
Monday 9am–8pm, Tuesday 9am–8pm, Wednesday 9am–8pm, Thursday 9am–8pm, Friday 9am–8pm, Saturday 9am–8pm, Sunday 9am–8pm (By arrangement)