Tony Burkinshaw Dip.C.Hyp, MNLP
1 Harley Street
0800 138 8575 / 07926 852454
I'm Tony Burkinshaw, I work with clients from my practices in Harley Street and Peterborough. My aim is to provide effective therapy to help you overcome the pressures of modern life.
I choose to use Cognitive Hypnotherapy because it’s a bespoke therapy, drawing on aspects of Positive Psychology, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, NLP, Gestalt Therapy and many others. My clients find this highly flexible approach is particularly effective in relieving stress, anxiety and depression, and these are my specialist areas. I also have an interest in public speaking anxiety.
Everyone experiences these areas in their own unique way, and no two clients come with the same symptoms. I often see clients struggling with emotional difficulties, sleeping disorders, relationship problems, health issues, pain, phobias and many more.
I’d be delighted to talk with you about your concerns, and discuss how Cognitive Hypnotherapy can help you. Each and every appointment is individually designed using gentle therapeutic trance techniques, tailored specifically to you and your situation.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Cognitive Hypnotherapy
- Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma
- Master Practitioner in Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Member of the National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH)
- Registered with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
After a successful career as a Chartered Financial Planner, spanning over 30 years in Financial Services, I re-trained in Cognitive Hypnotherapy at Regent’s University under the world-renowned Trevor Silvester. I’m a member of the Quest Cognitive Hypnotherapy Practitioner Association and was a member of the research group which provided the evidence-base for the Quest Cognitive Hypnotherapy approach.
I always undertake my work with the highest degree of professionalism. Due to my experience & background many clients come from middle & senior management in the financial, retail, academic and creative industries.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Learning Coach
- Winning Mind Coach
- Personal Coach
I offer a free 20-minute telephone consultation at a time to suit you, you are welcome to discuss your situation and ask any questions you may have.
Therapy is by appointment only, and fees are available on request.
What my clients say:
- “It is amazing that such a small amount of time with Tony can totally transform your life. I would highly recommend him to anyone.”
- “The process that Tony adopted was gradual, with a very thoughtful approach and also very thorough. I learnt a lot about myself. Remarkable and very, very useful.”
- “I approached Tony to help address a long-time fear of public speaking – something that I felt was really holding me back in my career. The outcome of the therapy was far better than I could have imagined, and in such a short amount of time. I have completely conquered by fears of speaking."
- “I was quite emotional at the end of my hypnotherapy journey with Tony for two reasons; Firstly I was amazed at how far I had come in the two short months (and not always weekly) Tony and I had been working together on my anxiety and insomnia issues, and I realised in my last session that I was now free of all of it and able to move forward which was exhilarating, and secondly because I had to say goodbye to Tony! He is so wonderful to work with as a therapist. he listens, he gets it, he understands and he treats. his techniques quite simply WORK.”
- “I was in a mess when I first met Tony; 3 panic attacks a day and not being able to sleep for more than an hour or two in 5 nights, and all of this had come out of nowhere. I had never had any of these problems in the past and so it was shocking to me when it happened and I could not figure a way out of it. But now, I am fixed! Yes, I still have thoughts and fears sometimes (hypnotherapy doesn’t wipe your thoughts and fears, it gives you the tools to tackle them and rationalise them), “will the insomnia return” etc. but I am able to quell all those irrational fears by using a few simple techniques that Tony taught me and now LIFE IS GOOD and I sleep very well thank you! No panic attacks either."
Weekdays and evenings.