Tony Burkinshaw (Peterborough | Harley St. | Online)
Where do I see clients?
I work with clients in person in my Harley Street & Peterborough clinics.
In our increasingly busy world, more & more clients are choosing to work with me online too. It's more convenient if you're managing a busy schedule or can't get to my clinics.
What is Cognitive Hypnotherapy?
Cognitive Hypnotherapy’s a brief, evidence-based, therapy. It works so well because it's bespoke, tailored exactly to your needs. Whether used for therapy or coaching, it draws on Positive Psychology, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, NLP, Gestalt Therapy and many other therapy & coaching techniques.
Does It Work?
Clients find this highly flexible approach particularly effective in relieving stress, anxiety and depression. My Harley St. clients are often looking to beat public speaking anxiety & boost self-confidence in their careers. You can read what some of them have to say below or by visiting my website.
I'm proud to have been a part of the research group behind the peer-reviewed paper demonstrating the effectiveness of Cognitive Hypnotherapy. You can read about that here: https://tonyburkinshaw.co.uk/evidence-based-therapy/
How Does This Help You?
Everyone experiences their problems in their own unique way, and no two clients come with the same symptoms. Anxiety & stress often cause problems such as emotional difficulties, sleeping disorders, relationship problems, health issues, pain, phobias and many more.
What to do next
I’d be delighted to talk with you about your concerns & discuss how I can help you find a truly fulfilling future.
Each and every appointment is individually designed & tailored specifically to you and your situation.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you soon. All you have to do is take that first step & get in touch: https://tonyburkinshaw.co.uk/working-with-me/
Many clients wish they'd got in touch years ago!
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Cognitive Hypnotherapy
- Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma
- Master Practitioner in Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Member of the National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH)
- Registered with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
After a successful career as a Chartered Financial Planner, spanning over 30 years in Financial Services, I re-trained in Cognitive Hypnotherapy at Regent’s University under the world-renowned Trevor Silvester. I’m a member of the Quest Cognitive Hypnotherapy Practitioner Association and was a member of the research group which provided the evidence-base for the Quest Cognitive Hypnotherapy approach.
I always undertake my work with the highest degree of professionalism. Due to my experience & background many clients come from middle & senior management in the financial, retail, academic and creative industries.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Stress *
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Learning Coach
- Winning Mind Coach
- Personal Coach
Photos & videos
I offer a free 20-minute telephone consultation at a time to suit you, you are welcome to discuss your situation and ask any questions you may have.
Therapy is by appointment only.
Fees are available on request.
What my clients say:
- “It is amazing that such a small amount of time with Tony can totally transform your life. I would highly recommend him to anyone.”
- “The process that Tony adopted was gradual, with a very thoughtful approach and also very thorough. I learnt a lot about myself. Remarkable and very, very useful.”
- “I approached Tony to help address a long-time fear of public speaking – something that I felt was really holding me back in my career. The outcome of the therapy was far better than I could have imagined, and in such a short amount of time. I have completely conquered by fears of speaking."
- “I was quite emotional at the end of my hypnotherapy journey with Tony for two reasons; Firstly I was amazed at how far I had come in the two short months (and not always weekly) Tony and I had been working together on my anxiety and insomnia issues, and I realised in my last session that I was now free of all of it and able to move forward which was exhilarating, and secondly because I had to say goodbye to Tony! He is so wonderful to work with as a therapist. he listens, he gets it, he understands and he treats. his techniques quite simply WORK.”
- “I was in a mess when I first met Tony; 3 panic attacks a day and not being able to sleep for more than an hour or two in 5 nights, and all of this had come out of nowhere. I had never had any of these problems in the past and so it was shocking to me when it happened and I could not figure a way out of it. But now, I am fixed! Yes, I still have thoughts and fears sometimes (hypnotherapy doesn’t wipe your thoughts and fears, it gives you the tools to tackle them and rationalise them), “will the insomnia return” etc. but I am able to quell all those irrational fears by using a few simple techniques that Tony taught me and now LIFE IS GOOD and I sleep very well thank you! No panic attacks either."
Type of session
Weekdays and evenings.