Solution Focused Psychotherapist & Hypnotherapist, Clinical Supervisor and Author
- 10 years experience
- Experienced online and face-to-face
- Senior practitioner:
- Clinical supervisor
- Co-author of "The Art of Solution Focused Hypnotherapy" supporting the training and development of therapists.
- Specialist in Solution Focused Practices
I offer effective and professional support to help you back on track. Whether that be to resolve anxiety, fear, or low mood to find calm and confidence once more, or to help you get back in control when you are coping with a chronic condition perhaps, or need to change a destructive habit.
There are times in most of our lives, when we a reach the point that we could do with some help. Perhaps when we are no longer coping with what life throws at us, or we are being overwhelmed by our emotions or our physical issues. Sometimes no matter how hard we try we just can't stop a destructive habit we have. We can feel that we are no longer in control of ourselves or our lives and our minds get stuck in a negative spiral of worries.
It's at these times that I would like to be here for you; to help you cope and discover the confidence and calm to be the very best version of you.
My aim is to provide the most up to date, professional and effective support to you, and to do this, I keep up to date and qualified, access regular supervision, and adhere to a strict code of ethics. I am insured and have an up to date DBS Check to work with young and vulnerable people.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited Membership with the National Council for Hypnotherapy(NCH)
- The Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapy (AfSFH)
- The Complimentary Natural Health Council (CNHC)
- HPD in Solution Focused Hypnotherapist and Psychotherapist (with the leading Clifton Practice Hypnotherapy Training considered the gold standard for hypnotherapy training).
- Certificate in Solution Focused Brief Therapy (with BRIEF International, top US and UK trainers in SF practices)
- Mindfulness Teacher (qualified with MindfulnessUK to teach the international standard Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Course)
- Other practitioner diplomas in related therapies and training including NLP and Life-coaching,
Other Qualifications and Past Experience:
- MRes (Masters by Research)
- Several years working in the International Charity Sector as a trainer and mentor for overseas charities. I decided to change careers to focus on my passion for supporting people, and also to settle in one place in order to bring up a family (I now have 3 small girls). I have always enjoyed supporting people, I can see kindness, ability and joy in everyone, and love helping people allow this to shine through -removing or sidestepping whatever is getting in the way of them enjoying and succeeding in life!
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapy
The Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapy (AfSFH) was set up to provide information about a modern form of Hypnotherapy and its associated benefits to members of the public. The main aim of the AfSFH is to spread awareness of the benefits of Solution Focused Hypnotherapy. Its secondary aim is to support Hypnotherapists in their businesses by encouraging good practice and self-care.
Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
The CNHC encompasses many types of alternative therapy, including hypnotherapy.
In order to be admitted to the register a practitioner must have studied to the National Occupational Standards for that profession/discipline, or have reached the equivalent of the National Occupational Standards through other relevant training or at least three years of experience and been assessed by their peers.
A practitioner must also have professional insurance and agree to abide by the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
National Council for Hypnotherapy
The National Council for Hypnotherapy holds one of the largest registers of independent Hypnotherapists in the United Kingdom and strives to maintain the highest standards among its members.
There is an agreed Code of Conduct, an established Complaints & Disciplinary Procedure and all members are obliged to maintain comprehensive Public Liability & Professional Indemnity Insurance, maintain regular CPD (continuing professional development) hours, and attend Supervision when needed.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Information about health conditions (*)
Hypnotherapy can enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting hypnotherapy.
- Initial session and follow up sessions £80
- Prices include an audio download to support your programme
- Sessions last 50 minutes to 1 hour
Face-to-face in Ivybridge
Tuesday to Friday, daytime sessions.
(After school and evening sessions Wednesday and Thursday)
Proud of myself is an understatement!!! I just wanted to say thanks again for everything! It’s really changed my life and I wouldn’t have even coped 6 weeks ago!" Alice - Removing Spider Phobia
"Hey, I’m back from my holiday and guess what? I like boats and planes!!! Thank you so much!! I think it will still take some work to keep it like this, but you’ve reminded me of the tools I have to do that!!" Amy - Removing fear
"Hi Tiff, I just wanted to drop you a text to say a huge thank you! Yesterday I got up and did a five minute speech to over 130 people at a charity gala dinner! I can honestly say without your help, I would have never been able to do that!" June - Confidence