Stephen Murray Dewar MSc. (Clin Hyp.) PG Dip. (CBH) MBSCH
I'm here to help. I am a highly qualified and accredited clinical and cognitive behavioural hypnotherapist, with many years experience of working with challenging cases.
I can help you change problem behaviours permanently, and for the better. My methods are simple, explainable, solution focused and evidence based.
I will listen to you respectfully, positively and with absolute confidentiality.
I offer safe, targeted, powerful psychotherapeutic and hypnotic techniques, allowing you to reach your goals and regain personal control of your life.
Because every patient is different every treatment I give is uniquely appropriate to that person.
I might use traditional and waking hypnosis, Neuro-Lingusitic Programming, (NLP), Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy, (CBH) and Eye Movement Desensitisation and Re-processing, (EMDR).
I hold an MSc. in clinical and cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy plus a practitioner diploma and level 7 diploma in cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy.
I am a senior member, registered with and approved by the following industry standard regulatory bodies:
- The General Hypnotherapy Register, Senior and Advanced Practitioner.
- The Complimentary Natural Healthcare Council, (CNHC) register member.
- The Royal Society of Medicine, (RSM), Senior Affiliate Member.
As a general practice clinical hypnotherapist I am experienced at helping people with a wide variety of psychological and physical problems. These include:
- Generalised anxiety (including panic attacks)
- Phobias (fear of flying etc.)
- Weight control/weight loss (including gastric band hypnotherapy, treatment for 'food addiction', binge eating etc.)
- Low self confidence (sometimes called low self-esteem)
- Relationship issues
- Stress and the immune system disturbance, sometimes called psycho-neuro immunology (PNI)
- Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Anger management
- Insomnia and sleep disorders
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), (adhering to the latest NHS guidelines for this hypnotherapy treatment, now accepted by the National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE).
- Addictions obsessions and compulsive behaviour (including gambling addictions, alcohol abuse, drug abuse, internet addiction)
- Smoking cessation (quit smoking)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Performance management (including sports performance, public speaking, exam nerves)
- Childbirth and pregnancy
- Pain management
- Hypnotherapy for cancer patients
- Hypnotherapy for sexual problems (including sex addiction and sexual dysfunction)
- Bruxism (grinding of teeth)
To maintain my therapeutic skills at the cutting edge of modern theory and good practice I keep abreast of the latest published and ongoing research in my field. I also regularly attend continuous professional development courses, master classes and national seminars relating to my core subjects of treatment.
If you have any queries about clinical hypnotherapy, how it works and how it can help you, by all means give me a call or email me, and I will be happy to discuss your case without obligation.
Training, qualifications & experience
MSc. Clinical Hypnosis with Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy
Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis (PG Dip. Clin Hyp)
Practitioner Diploma (PD (CB Hip)
Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy (PG Dip CBH)
Full Member British Society of Clinical Hypnosis (MBSCH)
Senior Associate Member Royal Society of Medicine (SA RSM)
Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) registered.
Anxiety UK, approved therapist.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
My session fees start at £95, for public sector workers, HM Forces and those working in there emergency services.
This fee can also be claimed for your first session if you have been referred by a former patient of mine or their family member.
Outside of the above framework fees are based upon the particulars of your case and are usually decided following an initial assessment session, when we have agreed which continuing protocol is best for you.
(Each session usually lasts 60 to 75 minutes, however an initial assessment may take up to 90 minutes with the fee remaining the same as your regular rate).
In accordance with the booking practices of the clinic if a patient does not attend a pre-booked session, without 48 hours notice, half of the fee for that session is usually payable. If less than 24 hours notice is given of a cancellation the full session fee is normally charged.
You are reminded that your commitment to change should be matched, where possible, by your attendance of booked sessions. If you miss sessions, the value of your treatment may be affected.
My more specific areas of expertise are:
Generalised stress and anxiety, (including generalised anxiety disorder (GAD)
Smoking cessation and other drug and substance abuse issues
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Irrational fears and phobias
Sports and personal performance enhancement
Relationship and sexual issues
I also work with children and minors with proper reference to all UK and EU child and vulnerable young adult regulations.