Offering online therapy only - please see Further Information.If you'd still prefer face to face sessions, please get in touch to discuss options.
Do you want to feel calmer, more productive, healthier, happier? More like you?
Through promoting self-care, honesty, humour and kindness, my mission is to shine a light on your portfolio of coping methods. That way we can work together to help you move forward, in small, positive steps –steps the right size and shape for your shoes! Because you are the most important person here, your story really does start with you.
- Feeling valued for who you are (being different, or a certain way, isn’t a ‘problem’, it’s part of a solution.)
- Understanding your own resources for managing your mental health
- Giving yourself space to develop new ways to cope that work for you.
- Being listened to and not judged.
If your project was given to someone else, it would turn out totally differently - this is how I will work with you! Too often I’ve been boxed or had assumptions made about me - have you shared that experience?
We can use a lot of energy trying to be ‘people-pleasing machines’ and putting our needs to the bottom of the pile. We do this in order to keep plodding on or powering through with great expectations placed upon us, and blurred boundaries between our work-life balance. But where is the time for you? How close are you to burnout right now? And how long can you maintain the 'I’ll sleep when I'm dead' approach?
Coming soon...a new version of you?
I specialise in supporting creative people with anxiety, stress, procrastination, motivation, resilience, self-esteem/confidence, imposter syndrome, fears, sleep issues etc. But there are many other things hypnotherapy can help you with (*see the bottom for more examples), and all non-creatives are welcome too! So if you’re unsure about anything, please just ask.
(*some examples of other things I can help with - alcohol abuse, eating problems, depression, pain management, panic attacks, phobias, quitting smoking, weight loss.)
Get in touch for a free chat about how to begin creating your preferred future.
I look forward to meeting you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma - Hypnotherapy in Practice, CPHT Oxford
- Diploma - Solution Focused Hypnotherapy, CPHT Oxford
- Certificate - Therapeutic and Reflective Writing, The Professional Writing Academy
- BA (with honours) - Creative Writing and Film Studies, Buckinghamshire New University
I have a varied creative background, from gaining a Performing Arts AVCE in Sixth form, throughout my degree, my involvement in various filmmaking activities, to working in administration at a film school for 10 years and running a local writers group for 5 of those. I’ve been constantly surrounded by creative people (which I love), and I can see the huge link between creativity and wellbeing and enormous benefit to unlocking it.
I work with individual clients who have a wide range of backgrounds and presenting issues. I've also been working with schools online during the lockdown period providing a number of different wellbeing sessions for staff.
I've also been hosting Guided Relaxations and Writing for Wellbeing sessions over the last year for local groups.
Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapy
The Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapy (AfSFH) was set up to provide information about a modern form of Hypnotherapy and its associated benefits to members of the public. The main aim of the AfSFH is to spread awareness of the benefits of Solution Focused Hypnotherapy. Its secondary aim is to support Hypnotherapists in their businesses by encouraging good practice and self-care.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Information about health conditions (*)
Hypnotherapy can enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting hypnotherapy.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Procrastination, Motivation, Resilience, Imposter Syndrome, Overthinking, Burn out.
An initial chat to identify what you'd like help with and how I can best support you is always free. If you decide to go ahead with treatment, sessions are £60 each, roughly lasting an hour, once a week. How many sessions you might need will be assessed during the initial chat.
Discounts and concessions available on a case by case basis. Please speak to me about this.
Weekend or alternative evening availability on request.
What are the benefits of online therapy over being in person?
- It’s more comfortable. You’re using a space you’re familiar with, home or otherwise. You can lie on your bed, sit on a comfy chair/sofa. You can have your favourite beverage handy, and even wear your PJs if you really want to!
- There’s more time. We can fit your sessions around the rest of your life as you’re already at the venue.
- There are no travel concerns or costs.
- There are no geographical limitations. If you live anywhere in the UK (or internationally, let’s discuss) I can still see you online.
- There’s absolutely no risk of picking up Covid or any other unwanted germs. Plus you don’t need to wear a mask.
Is it as effective online as in person? Yes, it is just as effective (some would argue, more effective.)
Which platform do you use? Zoom mostly, but I am open to your preferred platform if that makes you more comfortable.
What if I struggle with using the technology? It is quite simple to use and I am happy to guide you through it. All you need is a device with a camera and a microphone. I will send you a link to use. Having an App is more useful but not necessary.
If you'd still prefer face to face sessions, please get in touch to discuss options.