Samantha Corrigan BSc (Hons) Cert Hyp CS
I am a qualified hypnotherapist that offers support for children, young people and adults. I offer a caring, friendly and professional approach, guiding you to ease your mind from various difficulties including anxiety, stress, reducing effects of trauma, fears, phobias or getting rid of an unwanted habit such as smoking. My goal as a therapist is to support my clients to re-frame their thinking, to boost confidence and self-esteem and empower them to take back control of their well-being.
I have had many years' experience in providing a therapeutic approach to all kinds of difficulties, including autism, complex disabilities, communication, emotional and social problems. Hypnotherapy is a therapeutic approach that can support a person to make deep and lasting positive changes in their life. I love my job as a therapist and get so much reward from supporting people by sharing my knowledge and providing strategies that promote a positive sense of self.
1. Telephone me for a free 30 minute discussion, or email me providing brief details about the support you need.
2. After our discussion and if you think my support is suitable for your needs, we will arrange an initial consultation. This can be done through email or book online through my website.
3. At the initial consultation I will explain hypnotherapy and how it can support your difficulties, I will advise how many sessions I think may be suitable and will book you in for your next sessions. (If appropriate)
And that's it... three simple steps to getting you started on your journey of positive change!
Training, qualifications & experience
- Hypnotherapy QCF Level 3 Certificate
- BSc Honours degree in Psychology
- Certificate in Health and Social Care
- NVQ Level 3 in Playwork for Early years and Child care
- NVQ Level 3 in Children's Care, Learning and Development
- CACHE Level 3 in Childminding Practice
- Various advanced courses in Safeguarding for Children
- Various courses in understanding disabilities, including Autism
- An Introduction in Sensory Integration
- Attachment Awareness
- Basic Counselling skills gained,
Currently studying with Chrysalis Courses, Norwich based - Advanced Diploma in Psycho-therapeutic Counselling
2016 - Present date: Clinical Practitioner & Hypnotherapist for private company, working with children who have sensory processing difficulties, development trauma, attachment disorder. Also, working closely with the parents supporting with strategies, particularly on their child's sleep and toileting difficulties. Support of stress and anxiety management and some cases of OCD behaviours.
2011 - 2016: Occupational Therapist Assistant Practitioner for Norfolk County Council, supporting children with complex needs and the parents who face complex parenting on a daily basis. Placed in a social care team, working front line and often with crisis, complex cases.
2009 - 2012: Senior Play-worker for Charity, supporting children with disabilities providing a respite setting to allow parents to take a break from their caring role.
2005 - 2009: Self-employed Accredited Registered Childminder: Working from home providing Childcare for children whilst their parents worked.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
- Free initial consultation up to 60 minutes free, includes understanding of how hypnotherapy works and how it can support your presenting issue.
- £60 per Adult Hypnotherapy session, up to 60 minutes.
- £50 per Child Hypnotherapy session, up to 45 minutes.
- £10 discount per session applies if you book 3 or more sessions in advance
- £150 one off payment for quit smoking therapy, 2 x 1hr sessions, plus free ad-hoc 30 minute session if required.
- 10% discount for NHS service staff, Emergency Services and Armed forces.
'The sessions were relaxed, the room was comfortable and warm with just the right amount of lighting; I was offered a drink and a blanket. Sam was always prepared and would explain before each session, what it was going to be about. Sam and I had contact during the week and I was able to practice the advice that was given. I was very good at being able to visualise what was discussed but I was still dubious that I would be able to fly without having a panic attack. I was completely wrong, I am so completely amazed at the result. I flew for the first time in 18 years relaxed on the way there but more relaxed on the way home, knowing now how well the Hypnotherapy works.' - Sharon P, aged 47
'Sam put me at ease from the very first session and maintained an empathetic , friendly approach whilst at the same time remained professional throughout. She explained fully what would happen and the aims of each session. She reassured me that I would always be in control and could stop at any time. She ensured that the sessions were conducted in a calm peaceful manner and asked how I was feeling at the end and if I was ok. Nothing was ever rushed and she took the time to listen to me. I trusted her implicitly and her insight logic and knowledge was marvellous. I have often felt that not many people not even friends I have known for year “get me” , but I feel that Sam did. I found the sessions very calming and relaxing . The sessions were always relative to things we had talked about and I found it easy to relax into the thoughts and images. I don’t know why or how but lots of things pop into my head at times during the day that remind me what my aims are and why I want to reach my goals.' - Donna L, aged 59
I currently offer Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday evening appointments only