Robert Fairhead MAPHP (Acc.) DHP (Adv.) MNRPC (Acc.) MIBWRT
12 Glynde Way
Southend On Sea
01702 313367 / 07747 870443
Welcome to Reach Out Therapy. My name is Robert Fairhead and I can help you transform your life for the better!
I am a highly skilled, 'advanced' clinical hypnotherapist and psychotherapist - passionate about helping all my clients get back on track and achieving their goals as quickly as possible.
I graduated 11 years ago from the Essex Institute of Clinical Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy, which is where I also received my advanced training and have been working in a busy, full time practice ever since in Southend on Sea. I work from my very comfortable consulting room in Southend near Southend High School for Girls.
It's important that the person you entrust to help you, is not only experienced, but also highly qualified, multi disciplined and most importantly, 'passionate' about what they do - I pride myself on genuinely caring about every clients welfare and recovery. It is a privilege to be a therapist and I get a massive amount of personal satisfaction in helping my clients overcome their issues, so they can get on with the all important task of enjoying living their lives.
I specialise in the following issues:
- Relationship Counselling - over recent years I have built up a reputation for being able to assist couples resolve their issues where they have previously been unable to. In fact most of my clients come from recommendations, which is hopefully a good sign. I use many effective techniques to get clients to zoom out and see things from different perspectives. Often, that sense of 'hopelessness' can stem from tensions brought about by differences in background, upbringing and personal experiences and expectations and often these things can seem impossible to get past. Disparity over sexual expectations is another potential deal breaker and can often lead to one or both partners feeling rejected and desperately unfulfilled within the relationship. Do 'not' despair, I have found in the majority of cases, these issues are resolvable if you can find the root causes of why for example someone does not particularly have a high sex drive. With a little effort and the right guidance, these issues can usually be resolved and harmony restored to the relationship. On the occasions where couples really are a mismatch, counselling can help both individuals to come to terms with letting go with as little disruption and pain as possible - especially important where there are children involved. Feel free to call me and discuss. I get many people say that even just the initial chat over the phone provided much needed relief!
- Children's Therapy - ages from 6 to 16 years of age (parents welcome to accompany their children where appropriate). Growing up can be tough and there are a minefield of potential dangers out there that can unbalance a vulnerable young mind. Things that may not seem like a big deal to an adult can go on to have a profound impact on a young mind. I regularly help children overcome fear from bullying; psychological abuse; poor self image; fear of failure; separation issues; illogical thoughts; general lack of confidence and self esteem; self harming and much more.
- Stress and anxiety - can be debilitating. Many people do not realise that there is an absolute mind and body connection that means that if you are continuously feeling stressed and anxious it is also likely that eventually you will start encountering physical issues too, which can in turn bring about even more stress and anxiety - a vicious circle! I can help you regain control of your life and help you to feel happy and whole again.
- Confidence and self esteem - We can lose both for many reasons and in fact, in many cases I deal with people who have not been given the upbringing they deserved, where the client feels they have 'never' felt good about themselves, so it is difficult for them to even comprehend what that would be like - let me help you turn that around. However, problems in this respect do not 'always' stem from childhood - sometimes we can just encounter a difficult period in our life, for example a combination of several traumatic events such as bereavement, the loss of a job, unbalanced work life balance (which is often linked to the inability to say 'no'!), etc can lead to a lack of confidence and poor self esteem. With the right help, you CAN get your life back on track and better than ever - never settle for less than you can be.
- Phobia's - Including but not limited to a fear of: spiders / snakes / insects / dogs / flying / public speaking / talking to people / social phobia / sickness / the dark - and many many more. I am able to help you desensitise the negative emotions you have about your phobia and gain a totally different perspective of them. Phobia’s may be irrational thought processes, but they can happen to any of us and when those feelings strike, they are ‘very’ real. If your life is being adversely affected by the debilitating effect of a phobia, please contact me.
- Letting go of guilt - We have all done things that we regret in life, especially where we perceive we have hurt someone we care about. Even when we have understood our mistake we can often still really struggle with letting go of the guilt and this will result in us not being ourselves and therefore ironically continuing to hurt the very same people we love that we feel bad for, which makes no sense?! Understanding that and actually letting go of the guilt are too different things. I can help you.
I also work with a multitude of other mind related issues and regularly work with issues such as:
- Weight loss - One of the reasons my weight loss sessions are so successful is because I will not focus you on hating certain foods. Why would you want to limit yourself when you don't have to do that to reach your ideal weight? If you lose weight, but still feel totally miserable, is that really a success? Let me help you regain the right balance in your life to lose the weight in such a way that it will improve your life 'all round'. You have to understand that there is ALWAYS an underlying reason why we put on too much weight. Eating too much is a 'symptom' and not the underlying cause! Using various techniques I will help you understand 'why' you are putting on weight and then help you to deal with those underlying issues. Changing your poor beliefs so that you no longer feel the need to comfort eat is always the best way.
(Please note: the exception is an underlying medical condition, such as thyroid dysfunction for example - always consult a doctor first to be sure).
- Maximising sports performance - I have worked with several world class sports people that have seen a significant improvement in their performance. I work a lot with clients hoping to improve performance in athletics; swimming; boxing; golf; tennis, but I can work with all sports.
- IBS - Do you stress about going anywhere in case you need a toilet? Even stepping outside your house for short periods of time can be difficult for someone who suffers from IBS. For some time now it has been identified as a condition that is brought about or exacerbated by stress and anxiety. I can help you find the seeds of those issues and work on the way you deal with them so you can be in control once more of your emotional responses to those triggers. In most cases, this has a dramatic effect on reducing the symptoms of IBS - Learn to control of your IBS, don't let it control you!
- Stop smoking - I use an award winning Quit smoking programme that has been shown to have a very high success rate. It is recognised that the use of hypnosis is one of the most successful methods to become a permanent non smoker.
- Hypochondria - We can often worry about things that we know consciously are irrational. One of the most common fears is often around health, to a point we can become obsessed about every little thing. A sore throat automatically becomes throat cancer, a headache equals a brain tumour and so on. Whilst it is important to take your health seriously, achieving a happy balance is vital to living a happy life.
- Bad habits - e.g. nail biting, hair pulling, etc, are usually associated with stress and anxiety. I get excellent results with a combination of uncovering the root causes and changing the clients perception of them as well as replacing those thought processes with positive belief files that will provide you with the solutions you are looking for.
Training, qualifications & experience
I qualified as a Hypnotherapist and Psychotherapist at The Essex Institute of Clinical Hypnosis and Psychotherapy - a world class learning facility under the tutorage of Terence Watts, Hypnotherapist, Lecturer and Author.
I am an accredited Member of the Association for Professional Hypnosis & Psychotherapy (APHP) as well as an accredited Member of the National Register of Psychotherapists and Counsellors.
I regularly attend additional training courses to remain fully up to date with all the latest techniques. Here are a few of the training courses I have attended since qualifying:
- BWRT - (Brain work recursive therapy) - probably one of the most exciting and effective new therapies in the world today - works on behavioural change
- Advanced Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy
- Childs Play - helping children (6 and over) deal with psychological issues - mainly confidence & self esteem and coming to terms with traumatic experiences, including parents separation.
- Hypno and Psycho-Analysis
- W.S.N (Warrior, Settlers and Nomads) Archetypal parts therapy
- EMDR - Eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing - an amazing technique that helps you release and desensitise the emotional attachment we have with traumatic events.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Working with IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Working with Diabetes
- Pain Management
- Psycho-Sexual dysfunction
- Symbio-dynamics Consultant and Practitioner
- Suggestion Therapy
I am also 'fully' CRB checked and my practice is fully insured
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Childrens Therapy
- Dealing with issues of guilt
- FREE initial telephone consultation - Take advantage of an opportunity to ask an experienced therapist as many questions as you like before therapy commences without any pressure to book. I never pressure prospective clients as it is so important that the client is ready to make the next steps in their own mind first.
- £60 per 60 minutes for sessions between hours of 8.a.m. - 18:00 (finishing at 18:00)
- £75 per 60 minutes for sessions between hours of 6.00 - 8.00 a.m. & 18:00 - 22:00 (finishing at 22:00)
- Award winning quit smoking programme - £150 / 2 hours
- Call Outs available: For an additional £20 I can travel to you anywhere within Southend and its' surrounding areas including:
- Rochford - Great Wakering - Thorpe Bay - Shoeburyness - Westcliff - Leigh on Sea - Rayleigh - Hockley - Hadleigh
- Available DISCOUNTS :
- Pre pay your sessions at the time you book (over the phone with a credit or debit card) and receive an automatic £5 discount
- Pre paid block bookings (min 4 sessions) / reduction of £5 per session
- Pre book a 2 hour session and get your 2nd hour for just £40 i.e. a £20 saving. (Between 7a.m. - 18:00) Many clients often take advantage of their 2 hour session option. You can get a lot done in one hour, and a lot more in 2...but...you also get to where you want to be twice as quickly and at a discount). Please note though that a double session must be pre booked due to other clients appointments.
(Please note that if you utilise all the above available discounts between the hours of 8.a.m. - 19:00, your average hourly rate = £45 for in calls or £65 for outcalls, which is unbeatable value)
Please note - It is always recommended to talk to your therapist before you book. A therapist may have all the knowledge in the world, but it is also important that they have great communication skills, the ability to build a mutually good rapport with their client and are able to communicate their knowledge in a clear and understandable format that makes sense to you - These factors are just as important as the technical knowledge in ensuring you get the best therapy available and the results you are looking for.
Before becoming a therapist I was a 'motivational communications teacher', part of which involved adapting communication styles to suit the learning needs of the individual. I have found this fits in perfectly with being a therapist as I am always able to build a great rapport with clients and that is a vital part of successful therapy. I also ensure that I put things across in an easy to understand manner that makes sense to anyone, including children.
As a valued client, you can expect the highest degree of professionalism and an individually tailored therapy created just for you based on your own unique requirements, personality, background and circumstances - not just a one size fits all approach.
All work is completely confidential. I work to a strict code of ethics, with integrity and honesty and I can reassure you that you will never be judged. My clients are treated with compassion and genuine care.
Psychotherapy is extremely effective at enabling positive changes to thought processes. Combining psychotherapy with clinical hypnotherapy speeds up this process as hypnosis is more easily able to bypass the minds natural resistance to change, helping you to get your life back on track at the earliest opportunity.
I also use NLP (neuro-linguistic programming), CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy), EMDR (Eye movement desensitising and reprocessing) and BWRT (Brain work recursive therapy).
Thank you for taking the time to read my profile. For more information or to find out exactly how I can help 'you', please call me - 07747 870443 - If I am in a session, please feel free to text me and I will come back to you ASAP)
Rob Fairhead MAPHP (Acc.) DHP (Adv.) MNRPC (Acc.) MIBWRT
Core hours - 8.00 - 19:00 Non Core hours 6.00 - 8.00 a.m. + 19.00 - 10.00 p.m. (finishing at 11.00 latest) *non core hours are an additional £15 per 60 mins