Dr Phil Erwin
I am a Doctor of Psychology (PhD), specialising in hypnotherapy. I am a GHR Registered Hypnotherapist (with training and certifications in Clinical and Conversational Hypnotherapy) and trained Counsellor, Certified NLP Master Practitioner, Certified Life Coach, Certified in Gut Orientated Hypnotherapy for IBS, and Licensed HypnoBand Practitioner. I have over 30 years experience in helping people make rapid changes in their lives. In my busy practice, I use cutting edge hypnotherapy protocols of proven effectiveness. Consequently, most problems require just 1 - 3 sessions of hypnotherapy! Many of my clients come via personal recommendation, assuring confidence in receiving expert, effective and rapid help with a wide range of problems.
My extensive training and experience ensure you get the absolute maximum benefit out of every session of hypnotherapy, on whatever issue. You can be assured of safe, effective, highly professional hypnotherapy, without fads, gimmicks or hype, in order to make rapid changes your life.
I have extensive experience of helping people with a wide range of problems, including quit smoking (using my unique, fast and effective hypnotherapy protocol that is not available anywhere else), anxiety, panic attacks, depression, weight loss - including gastric band hypnotherapy (the famous Hypno-Band weight management system), alcohol abuse, addictions, gambling, fear of flying, phobias, IBS, and enhancing sports performance - including help with the dreaded golfing 'yips'! If I haven't mentioned the problem that's troubling you,or you have any queries or questions, or you're not sure whether hypnosis can help you, or you simply want to book a free, no obligation initial consultation, please don't hesitate - get in touch and I will try to help!
Most problems require just 1 - 3 sessions of hypnotherapy.
As a professional therapist I seek to uphold the highest standards of conduct and ethics in my hypnotherapy practice. All clients are treated positively and with respect. All consultations are totally confidential.
FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION
I am available to see clients Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm, Saturday 10am - 4pm
Training, qualifications & experience
I have practiced, taught and researched in psychology and psychological therapies at a number of British Universities for more than thirty years. I have qualifications in general psychology, counselling and clinical hypnotherapy.
My qualifications include over seven years of University training and comprise:
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- PhD in Psychology
- University Professorship in Psychology
- University Graduate Diploma in Guidance and Counselling
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis
- Certified Conversational Hypnotherapist (IAPCH)
- Certified NLP Master Practitioner
- Certified Life Coach
- Certified in Gut Orientated Hypnotherapy
- General Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice
- Registered Hypnotherapist (GHR)
- Licensed Practitioner Hypno-Band Weight Loss System
This list does not include regular professional development / updating sessions which do not convey formal, certified classifications
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Hypno-Band Gastric Band Weight Loss System; Loneliness; motion (travel) sickness; misphonia (selective noise sensitivity); Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS); shyness; social anxiety; assertiveness; social skills; enhancing memory and study habits; interview nerves and skills; bereavement and loss; nail biting; trichotillomania (compulsive hair pulling); assessment anxiety; life coaching; Sports performance; golf 'yips'.
Photos & videos
- Initial Consultation (approx 20 mins): Free
- General hypnotherapy sessions approx. 1 hour: £60.00 (weekdays) £65.00 (Saturday)
- Unique, intensive single session quit smoking programme (90 minute session) - only £130!
- Hypno-Band Weight Loss System (4 sessions + 3 free CDs): Just £250!
- Hypnotherapy CDs / MP3s (made to order): £20.00
For a minimal outlay, these CDs can be an effective alternative or supplement to face-to-face hypnotherapy. Topics available include insomnia; smoking cessation; pain relief; assessment anxiety; anxiety and social confidence etc.
Monday - Friday 9:00 - 6:00 Saturday 10:00 - 4:00