Bushy Tail Ltd
Staveley Mill Yard
As a qualified hypno-psychotherapist accredited by the National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy, I have 14 year's experience in the use of hypnosis within a psychotherapeutic setting.
Hypno-psychotherapy makes use of the relaxed state in which mental stress and bodily tension are greatly reduced. In this creative and imaginative state of absorption we are capable of much more flexible thinking and can unlock our own hidden, powerful resources. This means that the source of a problem can be quickly located and dealt with.
I have found that many conditions can be resolved with the use of hypno-therapeutic suggestions (as is the case with many habits and phobias) and in cases where issues are more deep-rooted and further help is required, psychotherapy can also be incorporated.
I am also a fully qualified counsellor, I am registered with the BACP and I abide by their code of ethics.
Training, qualifications & experience
After studying for a degree in Social Studies I decided to specialise in psychotherapy. I qualified as a counsellor in 2000 and went on to study therapeutic hypnosis, qualifying as a hypno-psychotherapist in 2004. My main qualifications are:
- BA Social Studies (Hons).
- Diploma in Counselling.
- Diploma in Hypno-psychotherapy.
- Advanced Certificate in Therapeutic Hypnosis.
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
- Certificate in Neuro-Linguistic Programming.
- Certificate in Mindfulness Training (Level 4).
I have undertaken various courses and workshops including:
- Understanding anxiety, stress management.
- Working with anger.
- CBT for OCD.
- Transactional analysis 101.
- Drugs awareness.
- Perpetrator and victim awareness.
- Self-harm and suicide awareness.
I have 18 years experience of working for a mental health charity, working with individuals and groups. I also work as a therapist for a leading Cumbrian charity (SAFA) offering counselling and support to people who self-harm or have an eating disorder.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Sexual issues *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Each one hour session costs £45.
All appointments will be charged for unless 48 hours notice is given.
Please feel free to contact me if you would like more information prior to making an appointment.
Ultimately, we are all here to grow and learn from the experiences we create with others through our thoughts, emotions and actions. In order to enjoy life and to be happy we need to be free to express ourselves creatively, to value ourselves and to connect with the world around us.
For many of us the ability to achieve these things is blocked by trauma, grief, loss and emotional disturbance. These blockages, though hidden, manifest as depression, anxiety, anger, phobias, addictions and many other physical, emotional and mental health problems.
However, we have within us the ability to heal. Hypno-psychotherapy can help us to access this ability and once again reconnect with the joy of life and express ourselves freely.
- Also registered with Counselling Directory