Nigel Lloyd - Dip.CBH, Cert Hyp, GQHP, BA (Hons), PCert, MA, GHR (Reg)
I'm a Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapist based in North London and I work with people to increase their physical, mental and emotional well-being. Seeking help can be a big step, especially if you haven't had therapy before, and I offer a very caring and supportive service.
We’ll begin working on your issue in the very first session, so that you feel an improvement immediately. Full treatment usually takes just four sessions.
I also deliver one-off relaxation training sessions. These are two-hour sessions and give you the key tools you need to feel more relaxed in your daily life, and manage stress and anxiety. They’re great for immediately feeling calmer and more in control.
I offer a TOTALLY FREE telephone consultation for all hypnotherapy clients, which lasts for approximately 20 minutes. This allows you to ask any questions that you have, and gives me the chance to find out more about your issue and how I can help you.
I take a holistic approach to working with clients’ issues, using hypnotherapy alongside a range of other evidence-based CBT techniques. This means there’s a lot of flexibility in the way I work, and I can tailor your hypnotherapy programme to your particular needs.
I'm an Anxiety UK Approved Therapist, and I help clients with a range of issues, including:
- Stress and general anxiety
- Shyness and social anxiety
- Low self-esteem
- Lack of assertiveness
- Gaining and maintaining motivation
For me, the work that I do is all about helping people to see a way forward for themselves, and providing them with effective strategies and tools to transform their lives.
I work closely with all of my clients to really understand what will be most effective in bringing about sustained change for them, and then I help them achieve the change they want.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) Social Sciences: Psychology (Providing British Psychological Society Graduate Basis for Registration)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Social Science Research Methods
- MA in Research Methodology
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy (UK College of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy)
- General Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice (General Hypnotherapy Register)
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training (London South Bank University)
- Certificate in Evidence-Based Hypnotherapy (UK College of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy)
Memberships and accreditations
- Registered with and certified as a Clinical Hypnotherapist by the General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR)
- Accredited Practitioner with the Hypnotherapy Standards Council
- Registered with the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Registered with the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS)
I'm also a teaching assistant on the UK College of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy's Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Insomnia *
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Public speaking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Gaining and maintaining motivation for exercise, fitness and weight-loss. I am also a qualified Personal Trainer and use hypnosis to help clients achieve their fitness, weight-loss, and health and wellbeing goals.
My clients get longer sessions than many hypnotherapists offer, as I think clients benefit from the extra time this provides to work together. Each session lasts for between 60 and 75 minutes and my four session treatment package is £345.
I also deliver one-off relaxation training sessions. These are two-hour sessions and give you the key tools/techniques you need to feel more relaxed in your daily life. These one-off sessions are £175.
- A light bulb moment? Key messages that kickstart change
- Choosing the right hypnotherapist – 5 key things to consider
My hypnotherapy practice, where I deliver weekday hypnotherapy sessions, is based a short walk from Old Street and Barbican stations at:
45 Central Street
I am also a member of City Road Therapy Practice, near Angel, Islington, where I hold a Saturday morning hypnotherapy clinic (8am-1pm).
335 City Rd
A few testimonials:
"I have been taken by surprise by myself (!) and by Nigel's efficient practical approach which resulted in a quick and complete change of how I go about things now. I did not know that you can change deeply ingrained habits and improve confidence in just 6 sessions! Nigel's consistent support and coaching/hypnotherapy skills were invaluable. I can really recommend his services to anyone." (L, London)
"Nigel helped me overcome a habit I have had for as long as I remember. This happened so easily and quickly, I am astonished at how effective it was. Nigel makes you feel really comfortable and I’m sure that helped me to get straight to the heart of the problem." (S, East Midlands)
"I could not recommend Nigel Lloyd Mind and Body highly enough. All my life I have had issues with heights. As a small boy I couldn’t even go upstairs on a double-decker bus! As a man of certain age this was something I really needed to address. Nigel really got to understand my issues and worked through it with me in a very calming and relaxed way. His methods were very easy for me to practice and apply. I’m now on my way to Brazil to go up Rio’s highest point without any fears." (S, London)
"Nigel has a really great manner. He immediately puts you at ease and his technique allows you to open up without even realising you are doing so. Nigel is a very competent hypnotherapist who I am more than happy to recommend." (T, Portsmouth)
Type of session
I offer morning, daytime, evening and weekend (Saturday mornings until 12.30am) appointments. I can also provide home visits depending on your needs.