I have a passion for helping clients through their anxieties and poor sleep using hypnotherapy, BRIEF talk therapy, reflexology and hypnoreflexology.
- I look for your best hopes from our talking together
- Check out when life hasn't had problems and focus on the good stuff
- Explore possible and preferred futures - things you can or want to control
- Acknowledge what is already working for you - sometimes we don't recognise that something is working because we get so caught up in our heads!
I stumbled on hypnotherapy after a hard few months of not coping with life and nothing else worked for me. I ditched my heavy duty massage and pre and post natal work and decided to train in hypnotherapy.
I use solution focused hypnotherapy and BRIEF talk therapy to help you find your solution and a way forward. You don't need to go over the past - come and learn how the mind works, how anxiety issues and poor sleep happens and, best of all, what you can do about it to get back on track.
BRIEF talk therapy - it's like hypnosis without the trance/relaxation part.
I am a qualified reflexologist since 2007 and I include a relaxing mix of hypnosis and reflexology - hypnoreflexology.
Each session lasts approx 60-75 mins.
Training, qualifications & experience
Prior to training in hypnotherapy (because it helped me through a hard time) I have been a complementary therapist since 2004. I still practice as a reflexologist and mix this with hypnosis - it's a beautiful halfway house if hypnotherapy is a not, you think, for you.
Clifton Practice Hypnotherapy Training (Birmingham) Dip Solution Focused Hypnotherapy (DSFH) 2016
BRIEF solution focused talk therapy 2019
CPD twice yearly together with regular supervision
Member of - NCH, CNHC and FHT (Federation of Holistic Therapists - insurance)
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Insomnia *
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Sleep disorders *
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Occasional Fridays by arrangement.
Services & Prices
Hypnotherapy (most clients have between 3-8 sessions)
Initial consultation – approx. 45 mins - FREE
Option for relaxation session at the end £35 Individual sessions – approx 60 mins - £55
Brief Talk Therapy (approx. 2-6 sessions) Individual sessions – approx 60 mins - £55
Hypnoreflexology Individual sessions - approx 60 mins - £55
Reflexology Individual sessions - approx. 60 mins - £40
You can find me on Instagram - Mel Harris Hypnotherapy as well as the other social media areas mentioned
Type of session
Monday - Thursday 9.30am - 7.30pm
Occasional Fridays by arrangement