What is Hypnotherapy and frequent questions
If you have had no experience of hypnotherapy or hypnosis in the past I would like to begin by explaining a little about it:
Hypnotherapy is a complementary therapy that uses the power of the subconscious mind to allow you to make changes to your life. This is achieved by a therapist (me) making suggestions to you whilst you are in a hypnotic trance. I understand that to those who have not experienced this that it may all sound a little scary - Allow me to put your mind at rest...
- Hypnosis is a completely natural state of mind.
- Hypnosis cannot make you do anything you do not want to do.
- You cannot get “stuck” in a hypnotic trance.
- You are completely in control at all times. If you want to speak, or move during a hypnotherapy session, you are fully able to.
- Anyone can enter a hypnotic trance – it is a totally natural state of mind. As with anything in life, some people will enter trance more readily than others, but I will work with you to achieve this through relaxation.
- When in a hypnotic trance, most people in will feel deeply relaxed and calm. It is a very pleasant, relaxing experience. Each individual experiences different feelings which can include sensations of floating, heaviness, tingling, or numbness. Also common are visuals of abstract shapes and colours, but it’s different for everyone.
- ‘Hypnotherapy‘ is the therapeutic suggestions made to you whilst you are in a state of hypnosis to enable you to make the changes that you want. When in a hypnotic trance, your mind is quiet – the conscious is not in control – this enables your subconscious to be more receptive and to absorb the suggestions being made to you, We will have discussed and agreed any suggestions being made before undertaking the hypnotherapy session so there really is nothing to fear.
- You cannot be made to tell me anything about yourself that you do not want me to know. We will be working together to help you get to your goals, so honesty is important. Anything that we discuss will be kept confidential (within the bounds of the law)
What I can help with
Hypnotherapy is a very versatile therapy and as such, there are countless issues or problems that I can help with using Hypnotherapy techniques including but not limited to;
Anxiety / Worry
Self esteem / self confidence issues
Fears and phobias (needles, flying, spiders etc)
Weight management (weight loss)
Past Trauma (PTSD)
If your problem is not listed here - don't worry - give me a call so see if I can help
Finding the right Therapist
As well as understanding what hypnotherapy is, it is really important that you find a therapist that you trust and feel comfortable with. This is a really key aspect to the success of any therapy that you undertake, and as such, I take the time to get to know you and also you get to know me to ensure that I have a full understanding of the issues that you want to deal with.
Each client is different so any therapy that I undertake with you will be made to measure - bespoke - based on your needs and your goals.
I complete an initial consultation with all clients over the phone (which is free!) to allow us to get to know each other, to help you feel at ease and to ensure that I understand clearly about the areas that you want to change so that the solution which I develop for you is appropriate.
I take a solutions focussed approach to therapy, which can help you move forward with your life by dealing with issues that are holding you back.
The fact that you are reading this shows that you are looking for change, so if you are motivated and committed to change and are looking for an open, honest, non judgemental and trustworthy therapist to help you get there, get in touch and we can get the ball rolling. Picking up the phone or dropping me an email won't cost much... but it might just change your life!!
In the first instance we will complete an initial consultation and arrange a suitable appointment time for your first session over the phone, after we have had an initial chat about the aspects of your life that you would like to change. Subsequent appointments will be arranged at the end of each session. As far as treatment plan duration, everyone is different and as such we will be flexible with this depending on progress to your goals. Progression to goals will be reviewed at each session
There is more information about me and my services on my website - or you can give me a call and we can talk through any questions that you have.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully qualified hypnotherapist, registered with the National Hypnotherapy Society.
I am on an Accredited Register that has been accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
I trained with Chrysalis Courses to receive my Certificate in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills (CertHypCS).
I am currently working towards a Level 4 Advanced Diploma in Psychotheraputic Counselling.
Prior to becoming a hypnotherapist, I worked in a high pressure healthcare environment in a managerial role, so understand the modern stresses of the balancing act between home and working life.
Having worked in a corporate arena for a number of years, I have come across many people with varying issues affecting their life to different degrees. My desire to be able to help people get through situations lead me to undertaking formal qualification, so rather than just being a shoulder to cry on, I could actually offer some real support to help people find their own answers and move forward. This is my driver - I want to support people in making their lives what they want them to be.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Depression *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Photos & videos
At initial consultation
Contact me any time via phone or email - In the event that I am unavailable, leave me a message and I will get back to you as soon as I can