115 Windsor Park Gardens
07967445281 / 07967445281
I am a hypnotherapist working in Norwich. I offer hypnotherapy for teenagers to adults of all ages. I provide free parking and have easy access to my therapy room. I have eighteen years nursing experience which gives me a good understanding of most physical and mental health issues. I am a mother of young children, also, so can understand how family life can be hectic and often have a variety of challenges occurring within it. Working in a professional and confidential manner has been something I cohere to naturally throughout my whole career.
I am very passionate about hypnotherapy as I have seen excellent results for myself personally and for those I have treated. It is a quick therapy, tailored to suit you personally.
Hypnotherapy for weight loss
“Diets and gyms don’t work”. It’s true – they don’t work. YOU work.
Diet guidelines and gymnasium facilities can be your tools, but the willpower and the strength of purpose come from you. Hypnotherapy and neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) can create lasting changes in your mind-set and lifestyle. The more power you have within, the less you’ll rely on the tools.
Weight loss programmes are designed for each individual and will therefore be unique. These are the issues addressed over a period of six sessions:
- Motivation for losing weight. What are your goals? What changes would you like to make to your lifestyle?
- History. What problems have you had in the past that have made it difficult for you to lose weight?
- Self-image. How do you view yourself? Do you have faith in your ability to succeed?
- Relationship with food. What are your eating patterns? Do you have cravings? How do you respond to cravings?
- Physical activity. Find the motivation to be active. Take up a new sport. Enjoy exercising.
Your weight loss programme will be tailored to suit your needs and abilities, and your plan will be realistic and achievable. Your new, positive habits will allow a more confident you to move on into the future.
Romance, sex, exams, social media, peer pressure, changing family relationships, new-found responsibilities … all in conjunction with the hormonal changes that adolescence brings – it’s no wonder that teenagers are under immense pressure.
Teenage stress manifests itself in so many ways:
- Anger and irritability
- Sulkiness or shyness
- Increased or decreased appetite
- Rudeness or bravado
Hypnotherapy and Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) can help teenagers to gain control of their lives, putting strategies in place for dealing with stressful trigger circumstances. With more than ten years’ experience of working with adolescents, I can help people of this age to feel more confident, and I can give them the necessary tools to use now and to take with them into adulthood.
Phobias and Fears
Fears can get in the way of what you want – and need – to do. For example:
- Your daughter is getting married in Australia, but you can’t face flying.
- There’s a job you’d love to apply for, but you can’t face the interview.
- You need to do some shopping, but there are pigeons about.
- You use a wheelchair and can’t use the stairs, but being in a lift brings on a panic attack.
- There’s a storm brewing. If you start screaming at work, you will be embarrassed. Should you stay at home?
I can help you bring your fear under control. When you are ready, I will support you in facing your fear in a calm and relaxed way. But don't worry, I wont be springing spiders on you in the therapy room!
Anxiety and Stress
Anxiety and stress are familiar states that everyone experiences from time to time. Emotional symptoms of stress and anxiety include anger, fear, restlessness, worry, indecisiveness, and sadness.
There are also physical symptoms that can be induced by anxiety and stress. For example:
- Heart palpitations
- Panic attacks
- Pain in the shoulders, neck, throat, arms, head, chest, and stomach
- Irritable skin conditions
- Constipation or diarrhoea
In the medical arena, medication is often the main intervention used, but it addresses only the symptoms, whereas a hypnotic approach deals with the cause. Because hypnosis helps you to relax, it’s an excellent tool in identifying strategies for stress reduction that feel natural to you.
I use hypnotherapy to bring about constructive behavioural changes by modifying the processes of the subconscious part of the mind. I can help you to manage the effects of anxiety and stress, and even to remove them altogether.
During my nursing career, I learned that people experience pain in different ways. The anticipation of pain might be a fear of the unknown or a dread of the familiar. For some, living with pain can cause angry resentment; for others, a depressive weariness.
Chronic pain can be disabling, taking over day-to-day living. Lack of sleep leaves a sufferer less resilient to anxiety and to the pain itself. Relationships are put under strain, working becomes more difficult – or impossible – and life becomes all about the pain.
Through hypnotherapy, I teach techniques for dealing with chronic pain. Relaxation, in itself, is beneficial, because many sufferers say that their pain is more severe when they are anxious or stressed. Simple relaxation techniques and visualisation exercises enable a sufferer to alleviate the pain to some degree.
Acute pain, and the anticipation of it, can cause a lot of anxiety. I teach people to manage their fear of forthcoming medical procedures, including dental work, wound dressing, and giving birth. As a nurse, I have had first-hand experience of the most distressing medical procedures, and I have worked closely with those who have had to endure them.
But it’s not just the anxiety that needs to be addressed. Pain associated with cancer, phantom limbs, IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), and some medical procedures can be tolerable for some people, yet unbearable for others. I teach techniques that give people the tools they need to cope with the trauma of acute pain.
In our sessions, we will discuss the pain itself. How you describe your pain will enable me to create strategies tailored to you, as an individual. And we’ll talk about your expectations, so that we can focus on realistic and achievable goals.
Listed below are just some of the other issues that I can help you address and deal with you through hypnotherapy:
- Addictions and habits (alcohol, tobacco, food)
- Anxiety (panic attacks, phobias)
- Depression, trauma, bereavement
- Weight loss
- Confidence and self-esteem
Please contact me for further information on how hypnotherapy could help you.
"Life is an unpredictable journey, but you can control how you experience it.”
Lorraine Grant Hyp.Dip, NLP Practitioner , CHPM, TFT.Alg, BSc with hons
Training, qualifications & experience
More than ten years experience of counselling teenagers and using cognitive behavioural therapies.
Diploma of Hypnotherapy
CHPM (Pain Management)
BSc with Hons
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Public speaking
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Photos & videos
If you would like to contact me we can discuss how I can be helpful to you personally with your own situation. We can discuss cost, with sessions and availability suitable to you.
“I had an appointment with Lorraine after trying for several years to lose weight after having a baby. Lorraine immediately made me feel comfortable and relaxed. She is easy to talk to, which was brilliant as I often struggle to talk to people about my weight. Lorraine helped me to explore the difficulties I had and remove some barriers that were preventing me from losing weight- none of which I had even considered before. She has enabled me to gain control over healthy eating and has helped motivate me into exercise that I enjoy. All of this has meant that I have lost weight relatively easily, with no fad diets. Thank you so much!”
“My son recently was lacking in confidence and was generally anxious about learning to ride his bike. Nothing I tried worked or encouraged him enough. Lorraine, however, was able to spend time with my son exploring the reasons and anxiety he had around riding his bike. She had a gentle approach with him and really related to him and his feelings. My son felt embarrassed about it and she really reassured him. Lorraine was able to identify his fear and give my son some easy to use tools to take away with him. However, after just one session I took my son and his bike to the park and was amazed at the change in him. He was able to use the tools he had learnt and confidently started to ride his bike. I couldn’t keep up with him around the park! He was a different child. This confidence was not short lived either, and he continues to ride"
“I had a consultation booked with Lorraine and I would just like to say how relaxing and amazing my experience was. Lorraine gave me some great tools to use to help build my confidence and learn how to relax. I have really noticed a big improvement already. Thankyou Lorraine and I cannot wait until my next appointment."
- Amazing experience. After years of compulsive on line shopping and hitting the big 50. I decided I needed and wanted help. After couple message from Lorraine I instantly warmed to her and 2 weeks ago had my first session. I have not on-line shopped since... yes no temptation or need. The constant daily shopping for items left in my overflowing cupboards...things I thought I wanted but did not need and left in the box has stopped. Today I returned for my other compulsion...food! Over eating and eating rubbish. I had lost nearly 4 stone and it was creeping back on. I could not get back on track. Watch this space for updates. How do I feel? Relaxed..calm...no more manic thoughts in my mind of shopping and food. I am thrilled!"
Monday 9am-8pm Tuesday 9am-3pm Wednesday 9am-3pm Thursday 9am-8pm Friday 9am-3pm