Lin Debarr MHS, Cert.Hyp.CS, Dip.BGC.EC
People often seek therapy during the darkest times in their life and might find the decision-making process daunting. That is why it is so important to find the right Therapist for YOU. Someone you can build rapport with, which is essential in order to build a trusting, therapeutic relationship. Therapy is an investment in your future best self.
As a certified professional Therapist and Integrative Hypnotherapist, my main goals are to help you clarify the issues you need help with, identify the root causes, and then focus together on resolving these issues. Every Client is considered an individual with specific Therapy or Hypnotherapy needs unique to them and their specific circumstances.
I offer a combined approach to psychological therapies that bring together different therapy elements. Therapy approaches and techniques are tailored towards the individual’s specific needs.
I offer a free initial 20-minute consultation, where we can discuss your reasons for seeking Therapy or Hypnotherapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
- In process: Hypnotherapy Masters Diploma.
- In process: Reiki Master & Teacher diploma.
2017 to 2021-
- Registrant Practitioner with The National Hypnotherapy Society.
- Diploma in Grief & Bereavement Counselling with Higher Distinction
- Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills Level 3 Award with Higher Distinction
- Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner Level 3 Award with Distinction
- Neuro Linguistic Programming Practitioner Level 3 Award with Merit.
- Understanding Dementia.
- Advanced Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Level 4 Award with Higher Distinction.
- Counselling and Psychotherapy level 3 Award with Higher Distinction.
- Conflict Resolution
- Exercise and Mental health
- Emotions and Emotional Disorders
- Understanding Depression and Anxiety
- CFBR1 with Higher Distinction
- Understanding Autism
National Hypnotherapy Society
The National Hypnotherapy Society is a Learned Society whose primary purpose is the advancement of the knowledge of hypnotherapy and the fostering of professional hypnotherapy expertise through training, accreditation and continued professional development of their members. The Society seeks to contribute to public wellbeing both through the use of hypnotherapy and by ensuring that hypnotherapists are safe, competent and ethical in practice.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Information about health conditions (*)
Hypnotherapy can enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting hypnotherapy.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Support for cancer-patients can include:
- Being scared or fearful of the situation or iatrogenic pain
- Pre and post op suggestions
- Trypanophobia or a more general fear of needles in cancer treatment that is delivered intravenously
- Depression/low mood
- Stress and anxiety
- Acceptance/end of life therapy.
- General relaxation before or after cancer treatments
- Sleeplessness or broken sleep
£55.00 per session
Free initial in-person, telephone or online session
I offer in-person*, as well as Zoom/Skype sessions for your convenience. Weekend or evening sessions by special arrangement.
Call or email to set up an initial consultation. We will discuss what you would like to get out of therapy. If you are happy to continue I will offer you a treatment plan and sessions.
Oaktree Therapy & Hypnotherapy practice is situated in a lovely rural area of north-Essex. A 10 minute drive from Southminster Station that offers a line to Liverpool Street Station in London. Alternatively, I offer video call sessions for your convenience.
Areas of special interest to me are supportive therapy for family members of cancer patients and vascular dementia sufferers. My articles have published in the Hypnotherapy Today magazine and Hypnotherapy Directory and I am currently writing a book for fellow therapists offering support to the families and primary carers of loved ones with Vascular Dementia.