Lauren Williams (FHT) Online Therapy
I am a cognitive behavioural hypnotherapist with 450+ hours training in hypnotherapy and allied areas. I use cutting edge therapies and take an evidence-based approach. I particularly specialise in supporting women and I have a particular interest in and success with low self-esteem, perfectionism, social anxiety, stop smoking and insomnia. My approach is holistic, research shows a holistic approach makes therapy far more effective.
There are many reasons why I am a great therapist for you to work with;
- I a patient person to work with.
- You will be treated in a way that allows and empowers you to become your own therapist and you will have these tools for life.
- My training in hypnotherapy was 450 hours, accredited by both the Chinese Psychological and British Psychological Societies as CPD for therapists, meets the National Occupational Standards for multiple registrations, includes Cognitive and Behavioural Methods which increases the effectiveness of Hypnotherapy and is an externally verified qualification.
- I take the trust you place in me seriously and I provide you with a nurturing environment in which you can feel able to give me feedback about what you need.
- To help my clients feel well supported I provide phone calls in between sessions and send emails out with resources on them.
- My approach is based on research, just the techniques from the evidence from what works in psychotherapy.
- I have extra skills in counselling, yoga, massage therapy and acting all of which provide great tools for tackling things like performance anxiety, low self-esteem, insomnia and many other issues.
- I have professionally trained listening skills
- Unlike most therapists, I work with the body and the mind
- I have overcome my own struggles which means I am more able to empathise with you than other therapists might be.
- I am non-judgemental and I work with sensitivity and tactfulness
- Your confidentiality is protected from our first contact and after you leave, I have additional training in confidentiality and GDPR.
- I am professionally registered and abide by the FHT code of conduct
- My personal ethics include transparency about the work we do, why we do it and how long it may take.
- I take a skills-based approach which means you will leave me with tools to help you overcome the problems in your life.
- I tailor my approach to my clients which is not something a lot of therapists offer.
- You get a free initial consultation with no obligation to book in.
- Tend to be searching for more authenticity in their lives
- Usually have self-esteem issues though I am experienced with other areas
- Are usually spiritual or interested in personal development
- Are normally young women
- May be seeking me out after work with other therapists has been unsuccessful.
(In light of coronavirus the following will apply group online skills therapy will be available for insomnia, anxiety, smoking cessation and stress.
Single session coronavirus package is a package of emergency skills taught to you in a one off session to help you manage insomnia, anxiety or stress £75.
Single session listening appointments available. If you just want someone to listen this is available at £50
Short session work is available for stop smoking (2 sessions) and Habit reduction (2 -4 sessions)
Please text me on the contacts details so that I can provide you with support as soon as possible.
Please email or message me with some brief information about yourself, how you think therapy can help you and why you want to work with me in particular. I will then book you in for a free 20-30 minute free phone call if I believe we could be suited to working together. Then the next step would be to book you in for a comprehensive assessment after which you would receive a report and some recommendations for moving forward and you will either be booked onto sessions with me or you will be signposted to other services. Short term therapy is anywhere from 1-6 sessions and long term therapy for complex issues like low self-esteem can be from 6-20 sessions if there are no comorbid diseases. Stop smoking is two sessions.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Smoking Cessation - UK College of Hypnosis March 2020
- Cognitive Hypnotherapy Approaches to Low Self Esteem - UK College of Hypnosis November 2019
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy - UK College of Hypnosis JULY 2019
- Cognitive Hypnotherapy Approaches to Perfectionism - UK College of Hypnosis JULY 2019
- Cognitive Hypnotherapy Approaches to Insomnia - UK College of Hypnosis JULY 2018
- Certificate in Adult counselling skills - Interpsyche (Kent) MAY 2015
- Certificate in adult counselling skills and psychotherapeutic theory (2014-2015) - Terapia
Supplementary training in
Yoga Teacher Training 2019
Massage therapy 2017
Childcare, Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young Peoples Workforce 2013
BA (Hons) Performing Arts 2007
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Pediatric (children's) Hypnotherapy
£75 per hour for short term therapy
Longer term therapy price is negotiable.
Low cost fee of £50 available Wednesday and Thursday when block booked.
Insight Session - from £75 for 1 hour of assessment.
One of the best courses I have done is in Stop Smoking. If you require quitting I cant guarantee I will get you there but I can say that this particular Stop Smoking course exceeds vastly what other therapists offer. There are techniques to help every possible kind of smoker. If you are motivated and you belief at least to some degree you can quit then I can help you. This stop smoking therapy pulls all the stops out in terms of having you quit long term.