Laura Kearley (Dip.Hyp Cs, Ad Dip PC)
Hello and welcome to my profile page.
I am a fully qualified Hypnotherapist and psychotherapeutic Counsellor, covering Fareham, Gosport, Stubbington and surrounding areas in Hampshire.
I aim to deliver quality hypnotherapy services at an affordable rate. I offer a safe, secure and fully confidential environment for you to be able to talk freely and openly without judgement
Hypnotherapy is a skilled verbal communication, used during hypnosis, which helps direct a client’s imagination in such a way as to bring about intended alterations in sensations, perceptions, feelings, thoughts and behavior.
In a typical hypnotherapy session, the hypnotherapist will ask the client questions about previous medical history, general health and lifestyle. The hypnotherapist and client will decide together on the changes or goals that are desired.
Hypnotherapy can be applied to a wide range of medical, dental and psychological problems. Areas of application include anxiety and stress conditions, weight control, addictive behaviours (including smoking, alcohol and substance misuse) and confidence issues. Hypnotherapy is also used to enhance performance in several areas such as sport and public speaking.
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma in Hypnotherapy
Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
Hypno Gastric Band
IMR and Regression
Kinetic Shift Practitioner
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
What will happen in a hypnotherapy session?
Many hypnotherapists now offer an initial consultation, generally lasting around one hour and usually involving several elements:
- A discussion about your requirements and goals.
- Gathering personal information such as sleeping patterns, lifestyle information, medical symptoms or medication, any treatments involving other healthcare providers.
- An explanation of how the hypnotherapy process will work.
- Practical details such as cost, cancellation policy, how many sessions might be needed.
In the subsequent session the practical application of clinical hypnosis can then begin. While delivery will differ from therapist to therapist and each will explain how the process will work, the following popular session structure may give you an idea of what to expect:
- A welcome chat to encourage comfort and relaxation.
- Induction – the hypnotherapist will then lead you into a state of deep physical and mental relaxation.
- Once deeply relaxed, the hypnotherapist can then begin ‘change work’ using techniques and approaches discussed and agreed to help you towards your goals.
- Once the ‘change work’ is complete, the hypnotherapist will begin the transition to wakefulness, in which you are gradually brought out of your trance.
- Time for any questions you may have and a summary of the session and any progress made thus far.
Type of session