Lana Wheatley, Hypnotherapist, HPD, Dip. THP MNCH (Reg.), CNHC Registered
The Therapy Studio
01256 412122 / 07961 703031
Lana Wheatley is a fully qualified Hypnotherapist in Basingstoke, Hampshire, specialising in Addictions, Phobias and Anxiety. Lana holds a Diploma in Therapeutic Hypnotherapy and Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma.
Lots of hypnotherapists will have no problem providing the “hypno” part of hypnotherapy but fewer also provide the “therapy” part. When you come to my Basingstoke hypnotherapy practice rather than just telling you not to let your issue bother you any more. I will ensure that you get the highest quality service possible and the very best chance of hypnotherapy bringing the changes you want into your life. I will teach you techniques and tools that you can take away with you and through practising these approaches you could notice some profound difference in your thought patterns and approaches to issues.
Treatments include the following:
- Anxiety Management
- Pain Control
- Phobias (such as fear of flying and dental phobia)
- Stopping Smoking
- Unwanted Habits (such as nail biting)
- Weight Control
Training, qualifications & experience
Lana holds a Diploma in Therapeutic Hypnotherapy and Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Contact me for a friendly chat so we can discuss what you want.
You can do this by filling in the contact form by clicking here, or contact me on the following number: 07961 703031
What is hypnosis?
Hypnosis is an altered state of awareness which allows access to the subconscious mind.
- It is a perfectly natural state of deep relaxation, sometimes mistakenly thought of as sleep, unconsciousness, or losing control. It is a way of isolating and focusing totally on a particular problem.
- Hypnosis is now recognised by the medical profession as a powerful tool which is complementary, not alternative, to medicine.
- It is a holistic method of treating and assisting in the relief of a multitude of diverse problems, including: stress, excessive eating, smoking, fears, motivation, self-confidence, concentration, learning enhancement, attitude modification, pain management, insomnia, goal setting, relationships and other areas which lead to unhappiness, dysfunction or difficulty in achieving personal goals.
What does it feel like?
l use my voice to relax you and induce you into the hypnotic state. There is no such thing as a 'hypnotised feeling'. Your awareness is heightened and your senses are improved. You may notice certain sensations, for example you may experience a tingling on your face and maybe in your limbs. You may notice a heavy feeling or you may even feel like you are floating as if you are completely weightless. These sensations differ from person to person but always, always you will feel a deep and complete relaxation at a level that you probably have not experienced before.
Will I be aware of what's happening?
Whilst in the state of hypnosis your awareness is heightened. You will be fully aware of everything that you are experiencing, and will remember everything that has happened at the end of the session.