Kate Choppen ~ BSCH, CNHC, OldPain2Go®
Black Dog Therapy
Swan House Business Centre
Bosworth Hall Estate
Hi, I am Kate Choppen, a Clinical Hypnotherapist, OldPain2Go Practitioner and Occupational Therapist. I am compassionate, caring and driven to help support others. For the past 16 years I have worked in the NHS, and in 2017 I set up Black Dog Therapy, and I have not looked back!
My aim is to offer a bespoke service to individuals who feel they are not getting the most out of life. Individuals who are are willing to address core emotional or physical issues or old pain that is preventing them from participating in life to their fullest potential.
Specialising in Depression, Pain and Anxiety, I can support you to navigate issues such as:
- OldPain2Go® removing or reducing trapped old pain
- Trauma / PTSD
- Exam Nerves
- Body Confidence
- Work related Stress
- Performance Anxiety
- Public Speaking
- Unwanted Habits (smoking, nail biting, binge eating
- Sleep difficulties/ Insomnia
- Feeling overwhelmed and so much more...
I offer individual support in a private, idyllic location in Market Bosworth. Please email or call to enquire about availability of appointments. I offer weekday, evening and weekend appointments.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a member of the British Society of Clinical Hypnosis (member number 15192) and am a member of the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC). I have worked in the NHS for over 15 years as an Occupational Therapist.
- BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy. University of Derby.
- Medical Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy. London College of Clinical Hypnotherapy.
- Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR) incorporating Hypnosis Diploma.
- Steven Blake’s OldPain2Go Practitioner Training.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Relationship issues
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Photos & videos
Appointments and Prices
- Free telephone consultation to discuss your requirements
- Hypnotherapy and EMDR 60 minute session £75
- OldPain2Go - £150 for one session, approximately one hour in duration
I offer reduced rate sessions for those who require financial support and would otherwise not be able to access my services - this is important to me, so please enquire.
I am able to offer home appointments (for an additional fee) to residents in the local area of Hinckley, Bosworth and surrounding villages. Appointments are also available via Skype/FaceTime and Zoom with prior agreement.
For testimonials please visit my Facebook page and website.
Available weekdays, evenings and Saturdays.