Karen Corbett. MSc. Dip Hyp. Dip Couns.
Life Matters Therapy
109 Portland Street
It is possible that you are struggling with something that stops you from being who you want to be, or maybe you are suffering with anxiety, low self-esteem or a fear which is holding you back? Hypnotherapy can assist in exploring the unconscious reasons or motivations for such issues.
What kind of therapist am I?
- Someone who is non-judgemental, supportive and open-minded.
- Someone who welcomes the opportunity to work with cultural differences and diversity.
- Someone who can offer you a welcoming and reflective space in which you can be heard.
- Someone who is sensitive but can challenge you when appropriate.
- Someone who interacts with you in order to assist with insight into yourself and your feelings.
- Someone who understands the importance of being heard and understood.
- Someone who cares and is passionate about helping others to create positive change.
In our first session, we will discuss the history of your problem, and possibly explore any issues further under an introduction hypnosis session so you can get a feel for what the therapy is like. From here, we can agree our steps going forward, however there is no set pattern, as this will depend on the presenting issues and the type of person you are. Some clients can be helped in relatively few sessions and some require more. As part of your treatment, I also draw upon different theories and techniques from Humanistic, Person Centred, Psychodynamic, Cognitive Behavioural Theory (CBT), and Coaching.
How am I different?
I believe in people as individuals with differing needs and this is reflected in my approach to each person which will be adapted as required. I work holistically to get to the root of any underlying issues or feelings of dissatisfaction that are presented on the surface. Therefore, therapy will aim to find the underlying reason for any presenting issues, and you will ideally be committed to making changes.
My work will assist you to find yourself, accept and value yourself, be yourself, and grow as a person. I will support you to find confidence to live an authentic, more fulfilled and happier life, and address any issues or difficulties you are struggling with.
I work in a comfortable room, centrally located in Manchester, with easy transport links. For those with mobility issues or other preferences, I also offer online and Skype therapy.
I am a REWIND trauma technique practitioner. Get in touch for any interest in this non-intrusive, safe and highly effective psychological method for detraumatising people, which can also be used for removing phobias.
Contact me with the following information to arrange a free telephone consultation:
- The issue you are experiencing.
- Your goals for therapy / what changes you would like to make.
- Availability for a call / sessions going forward.
If you are interested in finding out more, then I would be happy to answer any questions or concerns. I look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
General Hypnotherapy Council (GHR) Accredited.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (MBACP) Registered.
I have experience of working with clients aged 18+ with a range of presenting issues.
- Accredited Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy with Distinction.
- Accredited Certificate in Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Certificate in Life Coaching
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency (working towards Accreditation)
- Level 4 Professional Diploma (Therapeutic Counselling)
- Level 3 Certificate (Counselling Skills)
- Level 2 Certificate (Counselling Concepts)
Previous educational qualifications:
- MSc Sociology
- 1st class honours in Sociology
- Anxiety UK approved therapist
- Teaching clients Mindfulness techniques
- NICE certificate in Anxiety Disorders
- Treating Generalised Anxiety and Panic Attacks
- REWIND trauma technique practitioner
- Working with Shame
- Working with Eating Disorders
- Relational Depth and Emotional Connection in Online Therapy
- Counselling Risk Assessments and Audits
As an Accredited on the General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR), I work to their Code of Ethics, and a Registered member of the BACP, the Framework of Ethics and Practice. I also hold professional insurance cover for my practice.
I am committed to supporting my clients to the very best of my abilities and for this reason I undertake regular training to continue my own professional development.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Integrative Counselling Therapist & Coach.
Photos & videos
Initial telephone assessment: Free
Face to Face Sessions: £65
Skype Sessions: £55
*Packages available for blocks of sessions.
Mindfulness & Relaxation:
Face to Face (30 minutes): £37
Face to Face (50 minutes): £52
Skype session (30 minutes): £27
Skype session (50 minutes): £42
''I saw Karen as I had a problem with stress while performing. I was a bit guarded and hesitant about the process but Karen explained everything about hypnosis and what to expect. I had no expectations about the therapy as frankly I was a bit dubious about hypnosis... How wrong was I... It felt like Karen took me on a journey to discover the hidden realms of my mind ... Her voice was like a vehicle that transformed, discovered and healed... Plus Karen has this amazing ability to put you at ease ... to talk about rather difficult aspects of your life .. There was a link between my performance anxiety and my childhood experiences. I was shocked when Karen discovered it and with her help I manage to make peace with my past to start repairing the present of my life. I will keep coming back for more therapy with Karen. She has a gift .. an extraordinary gift, which I can't even begin to describe with words... Thank you Karen''. Eve O. Altrincham
''I found Karen to be a great therapist, I had several hypnotherapy sessions with her and she helped me with my anxiety so much. She has a very calm and warm presence and instantly puts you at ease. I would not hesitate in recommending Karen she is amazing''. Jan. Cheshire.
''For more years than I can remember I've had an annoying habit of biting my nails through out watching a film, either at home or in the cinema. The result was always the same 'Why did I do that, nails ravished and causing physical pain. I've tried many 'cures' but all fail eventually some as soon as the film starts. Only coming across Hypnotherapy from other people, it was with an open mind I decided to give it a go and so I arrived at my first session with Karen who immediately put me at rest explaining simply but effectively the process and the safeguards of the therapy. We chatted around the subject for about 30 mins and then she asked if I was ready to continue. She started the session with confidence and after our initial conversation a thorough understanding of my needs and requirements. After one session I felt no inclination to bite my nails and the obviously the acid test during a film was this behaviour wasn't repeated. After 10 days I did get a tingle in the ends of my fingers but a subsequent session with Karen banished these symptoms. The results have been extremely successful and continue to be successful. For the first time in years I have finger nails I can be proud of and do not feel the need to hide away my hands in public. I can recommend Karen highly and would gladly refer friends and family to her if the need arises''. Ian. Hale
- Also registered with Counselling Directory
Morning, Afternoon and Evening sessions available