Jose Perez de la Cruz
My approach to psychotherapy is collaborative and flexible. My primary orientation is solution-focused brief therapy (SFBT). This means I work in a structured way to address immediate and specific goals. Additionally, I am trained in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy and Hypnotherapy. I am also conversant with mindfulness-based approaches to healing. I utilise elements and interventions from these therapies based on the individual needs of my clients.
My services include individual psychotherapy for adults, couples and groups. I offer Hypnotherapy (suggestion therapy and hypnoanalysis) for a range of issues, including anxiety, phobias and addictions (smoking, alcohol etc). In addition, I have significant experience working with serious mood disorders as personality disorders.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a Psychotherapist with more than 10 years of experience providing individual therapy. During this time I have worked both in the UK and Australia, within the NHS and private sector.
I have undertaken hypnotherapy training with some of the most internationally renowned hypnotherapists and am one of the most highly qualified hypno-psychotherapists in practice in the UK today.
Over the course of my career I have worked in a range of therapeutic settings, including hospitals, group therapy and the charitable sector. More recently, I have been involved in the training of other therapists as well.
During my spare time I am a keen runner, running on the trails in and around the lakes near where I live, as well as up the occasional mountain.
· Bachelor of Public Health in Health Promotion, University of Wollongong, Australia
· Master of Public Health, University of Wollongong, Australia
· Diploma of Counselling
· Level 5 Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
· Level 4 Diploma in Drug, Solvent and Alcohol Abuse Counselling
· Level 4 Diploma in Professional Hypnotherapy
· Diploma in Hypnoanalysis
· Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma
· Hypnotherapy Masters Diploma
· Diploma in Gastric Band Hypnotherapy
· Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Cognitive Techniques for Stress Management in Business
· Master Hypnotherapist Diploma in Age Regression
· Certificate of Specialization in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
· Certified Hypnotherapist by the National Guild of Hypnotists
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Sessions are 50 minutes in length. My standard fee is £50 per session, but I do offer sliding scale for those unable to pay full fee. We would discuss this at our first meeting.
All sessions must be paid for in advance. Cancellations with less than 24 hours notice will incur the full session fee.
I am a registered provider with Aetna Global Benefits and VitalityHealth. For all other insurances, I am an out-of-network provider. I will provide a bill for you to submit to insurance and your insurance company can clarify the reimbursement amount and the information needed for claims.