Jose Perez de la Cruz
I combine a range of therapeutic modalities based on the individual needs of the client. These approaches include Clinical Hypnotherapy, Hypno-analysis, CBT and Mindfulness techniques.
I have a special professional interest in anxiety disorders and stress management. Additionally, I have significant experience in working with addiction and with individuals living with long-term health conditions.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a psychological therapist with more than 10 years of experience providing individual therapy. During this time I have worked both in the UK and Australia, within the NHS and private sector.
I have undertaken hypnotherapy training with some of the most internationally renowned hypnotherapists and am one of the most highly qualified hypno-psychotherapists in practice in the UK today.
Over the course of my career I have worked in a range of therapeutic settings, including hospitals, group therapy and the charitable sector. More recently, I have been involved in the training of other therapists as well.
During my spare time I am a keen runner, running on the trails in and around the lakes near where I live, as well as up the occasional mountain.
· Bachelor of Public Health in Health Promotion, University of Wollongong, Australia
· Master of Public Health, University of Wollongong, Australia
· Diploma of Counselling
· Level 5 Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
· Level 4 Diploma in Drug, Solvent and Alcohol Abuse Counselling
· Level 4 Diploma in Professional Hypnotherapy
· Diploma in Hypnoanalysis
· Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma
· Hypnotherapy Masters Diploma
· Diploma in Gastric Band Hypnotherapy
· Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Cognitive Techniques for Stress Management in Business
· Master Hypnotherapist Diploma in Age Regression
· Certificate of Specialization in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
· Certified Hypnotherapist by the National Guild of Hypnotists
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Anxiety *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Male sexual problems *
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Stress *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Sessions are 60 minutes in length. My standard fee is £50 per session for home visits and £35 per session for online therapy (Skype/FaceTime).
I offer sliding scale fees for those on a low income or otherwise unable to afford the full fee.
Whatever you pay, you still receive the same high quality, convenient care.
A free, no-obligation consultation is available for all potential new clients, during which we will discuss your individual needs.
Home visits available nationally.
- Also registered with Counselling Directory
Type of session
Monday to Saturday, 10am-7pm