John Hoey Dip.Hyp. MAC.
I became a professional Analytical Hypnotherapist and Life Coach following a successful career in the Fire & Rescue Service as it seemed logical for me to transition from saving lives in times of emergency, to helping people manage and change their every day lives.
Please call or text me on 07767 243180.
I take a holistic approach to your unique needs often finding that a blend of therapies provided in support of the hypnotherapy can have a significant and powerful outcome for people.
These additional therapies may include:
- Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT): Used to help stop smoking, achieve weight loss or manage stress, Low level laser therapy, which is also known as ‘Cold Laser Therapy’ is a safe and reliable method of blending the ancient art of acupressure with modern application methods. The harmless laser light is used to stimulate energy points along the body's meridian lines.
- Life Coaching, as a qualified life coach I help people create a structure and a range of personal skills which help them plan and achieve their life goals.
- “Reiki” (ray-key): Is Japanese for ‘universal life energy’ and is used to describe a system of natural healing by creating balance and harmony of the energy within and around us. My clients often say that a Reiki treatment is one of the most relaxing hours of their entire life.
- Emotional Freedom Technique, (EFT, known as Tapping) is a useful technique which you self apply and can be employed anywhere, anytime for immediate relief.
- Massage: Holistic Body Massage, Sports Massage, Hot Stones Massage.
Registered with the General Hypnotherapist Register, the Professional Association for qualified hypnotherapists, I am bound by their code of standards and ethics designed to provide clients with the very highest levels of service and protection.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma In Analytical Hypnotherapy (Dip.Hyp.)
- Member of the Association of Coaching (MAC)
- Advanced Certificate in Coaching Practice.
- Massage Therapist.
- Rieke Practitioner
- Masters Degree in Management (MA)
- Teaching Qualification for Further Education (TQFE)
- Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute (FCMI)
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Depression *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Photos & videos
Sessions usually last around an hour (90 minutes for the first session), the number of sessions can be different for each person and are agreed with you following an initial consultation.
Initial consultations are free and are conducted by phone, Skype or a visit to the practice and usually last around 20 to 30 minutes. During this consultation you can view the therapy room, we will discuss how hypnotherapy works, how it can help your particular needs and agree the number and frequency of sessions required.
Fees are £55 per session for treatments such as phobias, anxiety, depression, confidence etc. which is payable on a session by session basis.
A package of four sessions cost £190 My Clients enjoy the fact that if you purchase a package then you can either use them as required for any therapy, share them with other friends or family, or bank them for later use.
Chronic Pain Management, four sessions: £190
Weight Loss Programme, five sessions: £190
Weight Loss, Gastric band, four sessions: £190
Smoking Cessation: 3 Sessions, one hypnotherapy, one low level laser treatment and one as a back up £130
A couple of Testimonials:
"Hi, My name is Lisa and I suffer from severe back pain caused by extensive surgery, I am often confined to a wheelchair and take the strongest of pain killers. I experienced a hypnotherapy session with John after which I was pain free for days, it was just incredible and emotional, I now attend John's practice once per month, sometimes for hypnotherapy and sometimes for Reike, these sessions mean so much to me and help me manage my pain. I would strongly recommend this for anyone suffering with chronic pain"
"I had a terrible fear of flying, so much so that I had not flown for over ten years. Two sessions with John, one a few weeks before the flight and one the day before and I was able to fly with my family to Tenerife, was still nervous but what a difference ! The therapy room is just so relaxing, comfortable and safe." Gill