I am an online Hypnotherapist and Hypno-Coach, offering highly personalised hypno-psychotherapy via the Zoom platform. I work with people from all over the world, changing problems into strengths.
Hello, my name is Jessica, and I truly know how frustrating it is when all you can think about and focus on is the issue you're facing. So, what do you need to know right away?
- I can help. I have success working with all kinds of issues from phobias, fears and unwanted habits, to areas requiring a more subtle approach such as trauma, shame and debilitating fears and obsessions.
- I'm easy to talk to and create a warm, safe and welcoming space
- I'll help you find the most effective way to create the changes you'd like
- We'll have a phone chat to find out more about you (and for you to get to know me). I'll give you an idea on the phone what tools we might use right away and how many sessions you might need to see a change
- I'm a qualified, certified hypnotherapist with a certificate in hypnopsychotherapy
You can send me a message here to arrange a free no-obligation phone consultation
How does it work?
Your unconscious mind is actually always trying to do its best to adjust and adapt to situations. The trouble is it doesn't always choose the best methods, and some of them are outdated. This is when unwanted symptoms show up.
You are unique and each session is tailor-made to alleviate your symptoms as quickly as possible in the kindest most respectful way.
What is hypnosis like?
Hypnosis is a respectful and gentle therapy. Even in situations that have been deeply troubling, perhaps traumatic, there are really creative ways to lessen the impact and eradicate any unwanted symptoms.
Why choose me as your Hypnotherapist?
I am an award-winning hypnotherapist with a diploma certificate in hypnopyschotherapy, meaning I'm trained to identify the root causes of issues and change them quickly. I work hard at providing a safe and supportive space for you to explore what's bothering you. You may even find you enjoy your sessions and realise that you know far more about your issues than you thought!
I truly care about the progress you make, because of this you will have:
- A personally targeted hypnotherapy recording to listen to between sessions to ensure you feel calm, confident and in control
- Access to recordings of any hypnosis sessions we undertake in your own online designated area where I can share information such as pdfs, recordings and information around your treatment
- Working closely to goals and including these in everything we do. There is a better life on the other side of this, so let's start focusing on that
It's really important to me that the changes you experience are long-lasting. You'll find that when you leave, you feel really confident about overcoming everyday challenges. You will have a toolbox of techniques that will be specifically suited to you and you'll feel excited about using them independently.
I currently have a waiting list for evening appointments but do contact me at email@example.com to see what else is available.
Areas of specialism
As well as being fully qualified and highly competent to work with a wide range of issues, in particular, I specialise in working with
- stress and anxiety,
- unwanted habitual thoughts and behaviours,
- weight loss,
- body image
You can arrange a no-obligation phone consultation by sending me a message here
I look forward to hearing from you and working with you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Certificate in Hypnotherapy With Children and Young People (Lynda Hudson)
- Certificate in Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy from the National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy
- Peter Blythe Founder's Award Winner (2017)
- Certified Hypnotic Birthing Practitioner
- Certificate In Post-Natal Issues
- Certificate in Hypnosis For Fertility
Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
The CNHC encompasses many types of alternative therapy, including hypnotherapy.
In order to be admitted to the register a practitioner must have studied to the National Occupational Standards for that profession/discipline, or have reached the equivalent of the National Occupational Standards through other relevant training or at least three years of experience and been assessed by their peers.
A practitioner must also have professional insurance and agree to abide by the CNHC Code of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Information about health conditions (*)
Hypnotherapy can enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting hypnotherapy.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Hypnobirthing, pregnancy and family support
I offer a sensitive and bespoke service which can include hypnobirthing, birth coaching (whatever that needs to look like for you) and therapy for anyone who is experiencing trauma, complications, distress around getting pregnant, being pregnant or giving birth.
If you've experienced the unthinkable in your life then pregnancy and birth is anything but simple. Going to someone who understands what you're going through and can support you every step of the way whilst keeping in mind your goal of a healthy baby, is transformative.
Some of the courageous people I've worked with:
- survivors of sexual abuse
- Survivors of mental, emotional and physical abuse
- People who experienced PTSD after earlier birth experiences
- Women (and men) who are terrified of birth and pregnancy (and would like to change it)
- Women who feel that caesarian section is the only way out of their suffering but would like more choices
- Parents who have lost a child (in utero or stillbirth) who would like to try again but don't know where they'll find the courage
I offer 1-2-1 birth preparation classes to mothers and fathers who are experiencing significant distress or trauma around birth or indeed getting pregnant in the first place (tocophobia).
£75.00 per session
Free initial telephone session
Fees are £75 per session
At present I can offer some in person appointments in Hebden Bridge, including weekday evenings (contact me here)
Remote support is also available online or by telephone.
We will always work to goals (and work at finding the most meaningful goal for you) and we have a short review process (if you're choosing to work with me long-term) every four or five sessions to ensure we're keeping on track, and that the goal is still relevant to you.
Sessions may include homeplay, recordings to listen to and recordings of any hypnotic work we do in session. Also any supportive material. These are all stored in your own easily accessible online storage area.
Optional light-touch midweek check in is also included.
Appointments available weekdays and evenings
I'm also a qualified teacher (though no longer practicing!) and I'm specifically trained and certified to work with children and young people.
If you'd like to read about what a session is like from the point of view of a client please visit here:
Or read my latest blogs:
How To Overcome Anxiety:
10 Tools For Happiness In Uncertain Times