My name is Jan North and I am based in Blythe Bridge, Staffordshire and also work from my clinic located between Fenton and Longton, Stoke-on-Trent.
I used self hypnosis to control pain during the birth of my son and over the years I have also managed weight gain, and stopped smoking. After years of using hypnosis to help myself I decided to start helping others.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am always trying to bring the latest treatments to my clients, and make sure that my work is to the highest of standards. I am a member of or registered with:-
- The National Council for Hypnotherapy
- Hypnotherapist Register
- General Hypnotherapy Register
- Hypnotherapy Directory
- Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council Register
I am a qualified clinical hypnotherapist and I have an accredited diploma in NLP endorsed by the Guild of NLP
- I have spent over 15 years in the nursing and healthcare sector.
- Over 10 years training nursing and care staff in the private healthcare sector in 17 different subjects, mostly clinical.
- I have been training and updating my qualifications for over 15 years
- All the training courses I have attended are externally validated
- My training has required personal attendance and none has been via distance learning
The General Hypnotherapy Register
Hypnotherapists may become members of the General Hypnotherapy Register if they satisfy certain criteria with regard to both training and ongoing requirements as determined from time to time by the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (GHSC).
Members are either registered at Practitioner status (which confirms that the GHR acknowledges their qualification to practice), or Affiliate status. Although Affiliate level registrants will have completed a sufficient number of training hours to equip them to commence seeing clients on a limited basis, the GHR does not acknowledge them to have yet been trained to full practitioner level.
All GHR Registered Practitioners are required to accept the published Code of Ethics and Complaints & Disciplinary Procedure.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Information about health conditions (*)
Hypnotherapy can enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting hypnotherapy.
Smoking - £100 for 2 sessions.
Weight Loss - £150 for five 1 hour sessions
Individual sessions starting at £45 each