My background is in nursing. I have gained experience in many specialties. Since 2003 I have specialised in Occupational Health Nursing, caring and experiencing first hand how work related stress, anxiety and depression can impact on peoples physical and mental health.
In my work as an OH Nurse I have noticed how the fast pace of life is taking its toll on people and how everyday challenges are impacting on work life balance. I first developed an interest in hypnotherapy in the 1980's as an undergraduate psychology student; I suffered with exam anxiety, I was offered hypnotherapy to help me cope with the anxiety.
Since qualifying as an NLP Practitioner and Hypnotherapist I have been able to help people with psychological and emotional issues such as anxiety, depression, stress, low self esteem. I am also able to help with smoking cessation and weight management as well as phobias.
I am passionate about helping people overcome their problems and also about the benefits hypnotherapy can provide in helping them overcome their problems.
Please take a look at my website: www.peaceofmindhypnotherapy.co.uk
or telephone me on: 07527 920498 for more information.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Certificate in Clinical Hypnotherapy (LCCH/UWL)
- NLP Practitioner (Openmind Training/ Calderdale College)
- Specialist Community Public Health Nurse (Occupational Health)
- Registered Nurse
- MSc (Occupational Health Psychology)
- BSCH (Full)
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Anxiety *
- Depression *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Sleep disorders *
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
£50 each session.
The first session lasts about 90 minutes. Subsequent sessions last for about 60 mins (the first session allows us to become acquainted and for the gathering of information about your life and how your problem is affecting you).
£150 - Stop smoking (1 session with 1 free follow up session if required)
£200 - weight loss (4 sessions) to be paid at the first session
Type of session