Janet Hamilton Dip.Hyp CS; Ad.Prof. Dip.CP; Registered MBACP
Hello, my name is Janet. I am a fully qualified Hypnotherapist and Counsellor based in Great Dunmow.
I work from home in a private and confidential environment. I am experienced in working with confidence; public speaking; loss; depression; relationship issues; anxiety & panic attacks; habits, fears & phobias; low self esteem; bereavement; weight loss; quit smoking and many other life events or issues. These are a few of many aspects of life Hypnotherapy can change. Clients describe the process as relaxing and pleasant. The subconscious mind is a very powerful instrument that can be channelled to help you make positive changes to your life.
I offer you a supportive and non-judgmental environment where we will work together to assess your individual needs and goals. The assessment will take place in the initial consultation, and a short hypnotherapy will be included in this session.
Hypnotherapy is an extremely relaxing way to help you make those changes to improve your life and relationships; it can help you to realise that you are equipped to overcome problems. When you are deeply relaxed, your subconscious mind is more able to incorporate suggestions which can improve your outlook on life, your behaviours or your relationships.
I am an Applied EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) Practitioner.
I have specialist training in weight loss and weight control.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am fully insured.
- I am a Professional Member of the National Hypnotherapy Society.
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills (Dip.Hyp. CS) accredited by the National Hypnotherapy Society and the Royal College of Nursing.
- I am an Integrative Counsellor and an Accredited member of the National Counselling Society.
- Advanced Professional Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy (Ad.Prof Dip.CP) accredited by the National Counselling Society and the Royal College of Nursing.
- Registered member of BACP, and bound by its ethical guidelines for good practice.
- Applied EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) Practitioner.
- Advanced Techniques for Weight Loss.
- I attend regular CPD
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Male sexual problems *
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
£40.00 per daytime session of 50 minutes
£45.00 per evening session after 6:00pm
Quit Smoking: single session 1.5 - 2 hours £150.00
I ask that a minimum of 24 hours notice of cancellations is provided or the full fee may be payable.
- Also registered with Counselling Directory
Type of session
Access to the counselling room is via several steps. If this poses difficulties for you, please feel free to contact me in order to discuss how we might work together.
I am available weekdays and some evenings.