Jan Joshi ~ Dip.Hyp, NLP, MNCS
Hi, I'm Jan, a qualified Hypnotherapist and Counsellor practicing in Rossendale, Bury and Manchester. I am passionate in improving the quality of people’s lives on a personal and professional front. My aim is to support and enable you to achieve your goals and aspirations and move forward positively in your life.
How I work...
I provide a unique, tailor made service, and I'm a firm believer that one size does not fit all. I am able to instill confidence, build rapport, and provide understanding which allows you to relax and explore your feelings, thoughts and aspirations - therefore feeling empowered and lighter after your sessions. I work with teens, adults and older people, and understand that everyone works differently, allowing you to take control over the aspect of your life which is causing concern.
I use an eclectic, varied approach of hypnotherapy, NLP, CBT, counselling, person-centred counselling, psychodynamic, gestalt, transactional analysis, psychotherapy, mediation and life coaching techniques which have proved to support both individuals and couples. I analyse and explore their feelings and emotions, and with support take control, be empowered and work through solutions dealing with their issues and concerns. I also incorporate a variety of psychotherapy techniques which include CBT and NLP within Hypnotherapy.
Contacting me about your first session...
Your first session is an introductory meeting enabling you to see if you feel comfortable working with me, and you have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have and we will discuss what has brought you to hypnotherapy. This is needed for us to assess your needs and allow us to tailor make your first hypnotherapy (or other counselling psychotherapy session) highlighting your specific goals and needs.
All in all, this will heighten a more effective outcome for you to enable you to achieve your goals and aspirations and lead a more improved and enhanced quality of life. If you would like further information on the services I provide, please contact me directly by telephone or by emailing me.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling. Accred NCS
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Professional Member of National Counselling Society (MNCS) - NCS15-02203.
- MBACP - 859037
- Business and Finance Degree
- Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel and Training Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Economic & Social Policy
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Counselling Skills & the Development of Learning
- Certificate in Mediation Skills
- Qualified Trainer, Coach and Mentor
- Fully qualified Prince 2 Practitioner - Project Management
- Specialist Training in: Telephone Counselling, SMS Text Counselling, Email Counselling, Coaching, Peer Mentoring, Facilitation
- Training in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
I continue my professional development by attending regular courses where I learn new techniques and therapies in order to give the best service to my clients.
I have a strong 21 year public sector background having worked with a number of Local Authorities and am committed and driven in enabling individuals to achieve their personal goals and aspirations through exploring and working out solutions to their issues and problems achieving their full potential. I have provided innovative programmes to help them develop their capacity and support communities which enable them to be self-sufficient. This empowering them to be able to take the harness and control their life and supporting them to acquire the goals they have set and reach their aspirations.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Male sexual problems *
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Hypnotherapy which includes and not limited to:
- Weight Loss and Weight Gain
- Phobias such as Heights, Snakes, Spiders, Confined Spaces
- Internet Pornography Addictions
- Fears such as Flying, Driving etc
- Pain Management & Relief
- Suicidal Tendencies
- Trauma nightmares & Flashbacks
- Self defeating thoughts and behaviours
- Children's Issues
- Grief and Loss
Weight Loss Hypnotherapy
Sessions may include only if appropriate for you; increasing your metabolism, increasing yourself belief, value self worth, eliminating your need to comfort eat, reducing your appetite and portion sizes. Incorporating a combination of hypnotherapy & NLP techniques to overcome binge eating. I incorporate different techniques and tailor make these to suit your needs and requirements to help you to achieve your ideal weight & your weight loss goals.
Face to face Counselling: (please see my Counselling Directory profile for more info)
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (C.B.T)
- Neuro Linguistic Programming ( N.L.P)
- Mediation – Couples, Work Place and Neighbourhood
- Transgender Psychotherapy and Gender Identity & Sexuality
- Relationship Counselling
- Skype Counselling Nationwide
- Telephone Counselling
- Email Counselling
- SMS Text Counselling
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Weight Loss & Interventions
Photos & videos
- Fees start from £45 per session for issues such as anxiety and stress.
- For addictions, sessions start from £55.
- Please call to discuss so that a unique assessment can be made.
I offer my services to individuals and couples, including businesses, Legal, Medical, Insurance Companies and charities. This includes enabling individuals to empower themselves to take control of their lives, supporting and enabling them to put in place measures to reach their goals.
Simply Therapy, Ela Mill Business Complex, Suite 19, Cork Street, Bury BL9 7DU
"Following a traumatic life threatening serious road traffic accident I was referred by a Medico Legal Company to see Jan and through the counselling and hypnosis I have access to a ‘bag of tools’ that I can use to deal with anger, frustration, mood swings, depression, nervousness, confidence, nightmares, flashbacks, suicidal thoughts, pain management, anxiety and Insomnia. I am a stronger and more in control person than I was before the accident – Many Thanks Jan!"
"I found it difficult to relax and suffered from stress, anxiety and panic attacks. With counselling and hypnosis I can relax, recharge my batteries, concentrate and focus rather than being overwhelmed with everything."
"I have had weight loss hypnosis and have lost 19 lbs and look, feel amazing and have regained my confidence in myself at work and socially. Thank you Jan for all your support, the therapy worked!"
"I have not slept for more than 3 hours each night for over 20 years and through having a few sessions with Jan something must have clicked and now I sleep on average for 7 ½ hours and no longer toss and turn with lack of sleep! I can now focus, concentrate and lead a health productive life. Thanks pal!"
"I was a 60 plus a day cigarette smoker! Now I've stopped am amazed thanks Jan!"
"I had tremendous confidence, self belief , self worth and trust issues and with Jan’s therapeutic skills I am positive, self assured and no longer shy away and am moving on with my life."
"Due to my anger management issues I lost my job and partner. Through therapy with Jan I am now a calmer, relaxed, confident person and can manage stress and control my actions"
"I am a successful business woman and the stress of managing a small business had traumatic effects on me and with hypnotherapy I am stress free and nothing gets the better of me now."
"I was going through domestic violence and through therapy have had the courage to walk away from a 9 year emotional and physical abusive relationship."
- Also registered with Counselling Directory
Type of session
|Other languages:||Urdu, Hindi & Punjabi|
Monday to Friday 8am - 7pm
Saturday 8am - 2pm