Hiroko Ashley-Wilson BA Psy, PGCert (Clin. Hyp.), Dip Counselling
I am an experienced hypnotherapist and qualified counsellor, an individual member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I work in private practice sessions in face-to-face sessions. I also work as a counsellor within the NHS.
I offer confidential, professional counselling in an informal, relaxed environment for short or long-term basis clients.
I adhere to the BACP’s Code of Practice and Ethical Framework.
I trained as a hypnotherapist because having experienced hypnotherapy myself, I felt drawn to learn more about this fascinating subject that the inner mind which connected to our body links to emotion, imagination, memory as well as the autonomic nervous system. I was fascinated by the therapy of how it combines the knowledge of neuroscience with the power of the guided deep relaxed state of mind.
The length of time spent in therapy depends largely on you and your needs, and hypnotherapy tends to be shorter than other counselling or psychotherapy because focusing on one topic at a time. The therapy works through a step by step process and hypnotherapy is not different; like any other therapies, some benefit from therapy is largely due to a person’s readiness for change.
Within a quality therapeutic relationship, my philosophy and practice are client-centered. It means that I provide appropriate care in a safe and confidential environment. I will work with you to formulate a unique approach that is tailored to your specific situation.
For most people, the sessions are very enlightening and healing and create opportunities to experience positive change through building coping ability and improving confidence and hope for the future.
Some of the issues I have worked with as a hypnotherapist include, but are not limited to:
Stress, Anxiety, Panic, Depression, Insomnia, Relationship and Family issues, Phobia, Trauma, Bereavement, Infertility, Hypnobirthing, Self-esteem, Confidence, Life transitions, and Self-development.
I believe each person is the expert of oneself and has excellent abilities for their own solutions. Still, sometimes we may need support to develop a better understanding of themselves and others, finding ways to cope, heal, and move forward.
I am Japanese, fluent in English, and have experience working with a wide range of clients of different ages, sexualities, ethnicities, and cultural backgrounds.
I am DBS checked, fully insured.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
• BA Psychology
• Post Graduate Certificate in Clinical Hypnotherapy
• Diploma in Counselling
• Master Practitioner in NLP
• Diploma in KG Hypnobirthing
• Parenting Facilitator
• Solution Focused Therapy Training
• Online and Telephone Counselling Training
• Working Therapeutically with Trauma CPD Training
• Understanding Domestic Abuse CPD Training
• Postnatal Depression CPD Training
• Safeguarding Certificate
Continuous Professional education is undertaken yearly in various areas of counselling.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Information about health conditions (*)
Hypnotherapy can enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting hypnotherapy.
Initial 15 mins phone session - no charge
£60 per session - 75 minutes
- Online sessions available depending on circumstances
- You are welcome to call me for an informal chat and to ask any questions. I am more than happy to talk to you on the phone, and you can then decide if you are comfortable working with me.
- Safety and wellbeing are the utmost priority for you. If you wish to have face-to-face sessions, but if you are feeling anxious, we can discuss the precautions; traveling, therapy room, face coverings, and so on.
- Prices at central London may vary - Discount rate is available for a package of 4 sessions.