Heidi Fforde DSFH AfSFH MNCH(Reg) CNCH
Hello, I’m Heidi Fforde and I’m a professionally trained Clinical Hypnotherapist based in Tintern, in the Wye Valley, Monmouthshire. I practise Solution Focused Hypnotherapy, which is a gentle and effective form of therapy that can swiftly help you achieve positive and lasting change.
Like so many people, the stresses and strains of modern life took their toll on me over the years. Trying to balance a high-pressure full-time job with the demands of parenting, while carrying around my own personal and emotional challenges of the past resulted in the all too common but very unpleasant symptoms of stress and anxiety.
I was encouraged to try hypnotherapy myself and I was truly amazed at the results. This was a therapy that worked in a positive way and helped me find solutions, without raking over the past or demanding the impossible. I’m a creative person and finding solutions is something I find very natural and enjoyable and Solution Focused Hypnotherapy was a perfect fit.
Hypnotherapy gave me the tools to deal with work and parenting in a way eased up the stress response and brought me back to the joy I was lacking. It also gave me the confidence I needed to first change my work pattern and eventually to move on from my job into doing something I felt would be much more rewarding.
Hypnotherapy helped me to focus on the direction I wanted my life to take next. Perhaps not surprisingly, that was to train to become a Solution Focused Hypnotherapist myself.
As you can see, I have very real experience of being on both sides of the consultation room and this means that my approach is a sympathetic and friendly one, focused on helping you find the solutions you need in your life. I want to help people rediscover how to feel good in the way I did through my own experience of hypnotherapy. This is a fantastic gift to be able to be pass on to others and I find it a rewarding and motivating profession.
Training, qualifications & experience
I gained my Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma in 2018, training at the renowned Clifton Hypnotherapy Practice in Bristol. I am a member of the
- AfSFH Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapy
- NCH National Council for Hypnotherapy
- CNCH Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council.
I also hold an enhanced DSB and all necessary insurances.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Bereavement Help
- Childhood Anxiety
- Childhood Sleep
- Goal Focus
Photos & videos
Free initial hypnotherapy consultation
During the initial consultation we will have a more general talk about the issues you are facing and how Solution Focused Hypnotherapy will be able help you. This will last for approximately 30 minutes and there is no charge for this.
At the end of the consultation, I will give you my Relaxation CD (or access to download it as an MP3) and you will then listen to this audio recording every night before you go to sleep.
- Initial Consultation 30 min & Relaxation CD/MP3 - Free!
- Therapy Session 50 min - £70 per session
- Stopping Smoking 1.5 - 2 hrs - £150
Please contact me as soon as possible if you need to cancel a booking, in order to avoid charges. Cancellations made less than 24 hours before an appointment will be charged at the full session rate.
My hypnotherapy practice is based at Ashweir Lodge in Tintern, in the beautiful Wye Valley and I am well placed to see clients from Monmouth, Chepstow, Gloucestershire, the Forest of Dean, Caldicot, Newport and anywhere in between.
Here below is some of the feedback I’ve received from clients who have had hypnotherapy sessions with me.
- I had hypnotherapy with Heidi to help with stress and anxiety. It was very effective, and worked where other therapies have failed. I found it extremely relaxing and helpful, and Heidi is very professional. I really recommend hypnotherapy and especially Heidi. Thanks Heidi!
- I feel relaxed, calm, refreshed. Highly recommend this form of therapy.
- I can’t recommend Heidi enough - professional, friendly and has great passion for her business - the relaxation CD she made, not only worked for me but also my daughter!
- Looking back, I did not truly realise what a dark and anxious place I was in. From the very first session I could feel some subtle changes, Hypnotherapy helped me transition to this happier place, the sessions were simply invaluable.
Type of session
Wye Valley Hypnotherapy is wheelchair accessible. There is also wheelchair friendly toilet facilities too.
If you have a preferred date and time, by all means let me know and I will accommodate that wherever possible.