Dr Emma Rae Rhead B.Sc Hons, M.B.Ch.B (Medical Doctor)
Are you looking for professional, safe, effective hypnotherapy with a highly experienced Hypnotherapist who is also a qualified medical doctor?
As a rare full time Medical Hypnotherapist in the UK who is also a qualified Medical Doctor, I help people achieve their best health and success naturally without drugs or side effects.
I have over 25 years clinical experience and have conducted tens of thousands of face-to-face consultations. As well as self-referring clients, my busy, established Chester Hypnotherapy practice receives regular referral from NHS Hospital Consultants, GPs, Solicitors, Dentists, Clinical Psychologists, Psychotherapists and other Hypnotherapists.
For peace of mind you can read genuine, verifiable client reviews, of my services here http://www.chesterhypnotherapy.co.uk/dr-emma-rae-rhead-reviews-hypnotherapy-chester
I specialise in providing integrated hypnotherapy services to individuals struggling with anxiety, panic attacks, phobias, health anxiety, stress, IBS, persistent pain, alcohol, addictions, skin problems, psychosomatic and other health issues.
Non-judgemental, warm, friendly and down to earth, I will approach you as a unique individual recognising that you are the expert on you.
Rather than focusing only on medical labels, my unique set of skills allows me to take a uniquely broad, holistic view of your current issues, looking at physical, psychological, emotional, social and lifestyle factors that may be having an impact on your current health and well being..
My therapeutic approach is entirely client-focused. All personal one to one sessions are uniquely tailored to your particular individual needs. Confidentiality and ethical practice are at the for front of how I work at all time.
My aim is always to help you achieve genuine, lasting positive change safely in the fastest time possible for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
My post-graduate education in therapy began in 1998 and includes training with the National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy (who provide training equivalent to Masters level, and are one of the longest established schools of Hypnotherapy / Hypno-Psychotherapy in the UK; a recognised centre of excellence accredited by the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)), the Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy and the American School of Clinical Hypnosis. I am one of only a few therapists in the UK to have been awarded the European Certificate in Clinical Hypnosis which is a life award recognising substantial training and experience (over 1200 hours) in Hypno-Psychotherapy.
I am a Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine, an Elected Council Member for the Hypnosis and Psychosomatic Medicine Section and a member of the British Society of Clinical and Academic Hypnosis which is an organisation exclusively registering doctors, dentists, psychologists and other health professionals who are trained in the use of medical hypnosis.
I have specialist Diplomas and training in Hypnotherapy, Medical Hypnosis, Hypno-Psychotherapy, Integrative Psychotherapy, Ericksonian Hypnosis and Psychotherapy, Advanced Clinical Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy, Specialist Paediatric (Childrens) Hypnotherapist, Inner Child Therapy, Stress Management, Hypnosis Pain Management Specialist Practitioner, Hypno-Analysis, Regression Therapy, Coaching, Mind-Body Therapies, Complementary Therapies (VTCT), Counselling and Mindfulness.
For your peace of mind, I am a member of, accredited by or registered with the following professional bodies
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine (Hypnosis and Psychosomatic Medicine)
- Elected Member of Council for the Hypnosis Section of the Royal Society of Medicine
- General Medical Council (Fully Registered Medical Practitioner)
- Complementary and Natural Health Care Council (CNHC)
- National Society of Hypnosis, Psychotherapy and Mindfulness (NSHPM)
- British Society of Clinical and Academic Hypnosis (BSCAH)
- Senior Practitioner General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (SQHP)
- International Society of Paediatric Hypnotherapists (TISPH)
- National Council for Hypnotherapy (MNCH)
- National Council of Psychotherapists (MNCP)
- United Kingdom Association for Solution Focused Practice (UKASFP)
- Federation of Holistic Therapists (MFHT)
- Mindfulness Association (MA)
- Member of the Royal Society of Biology (MRSB)
Accredited register membership
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Doctor and Dentist Anxiety
Hypnotherapy for Eczema, Psoriasis and other Skin Conditions
You can read genuine verifiable client reviews of my services by following the link here http://www.chesterhypnotherapy.co.uk/dr-emma-rae-rhead-reviews-hypnotherapy-chester
You can check current availability by visiting my website.