The Brentwood Clinic Of Complimentary Medicine
31 Shenfield Road
My name is Emily and I am a fully qualified Hypnotherapist and Counsellor based in Essex. As my client, you will be able to express whatever you feel you need to in that moment, and together we can work through the emotional issues this raises for you, in a supportive environment. Generally in my sessions I combine Hypnotherapy, Counselling, Meditation, Mindfulness and a Holistic approach to your life style. Working this way is effective, all encompassing and perfect for lasting change.
In your first session with me, your initial consultation, we will both be learning. First and foremost we will be learning if we are a match. For me to be a match for you there needs to be a certain level of trust and a comfortable feeling of ease. For you to be a match for me, I need to be sure you are willing to work towards your end goal and come to each session committed and open minded. I will learn as much about you as possible in order to create the most effective treatment plan for you, and you will be able to ask anything you feel you want to know about Therapy. So whatever your issue is, be it anxiety, stress, a phobia, weight control problems, a bad habit, or something very specific, you and I will work as a team to get you to a better place.
So who do I typically work with? Well, of course I work with a wide range of people and issues, from stress management through to addiction, eating disorders, OCD and everything in between. However, the area I most commonly deal with is anxiety. Anxiety disorders are complex and very different for each person. I therefore adapt and combine all my therapeutic skills to tackle anxiety, enabling my clients to understand the root cause of their experience of anxiety, how to manage both the emotional and physical symptoms & more specifically how to live an anxiety free life. Many of my clients have been able to come off their anxiety medication as a result of our sessions and have instead made small yet effective lifestyle changes which have put them back in control.
I also have a special interest in women's wellnes which you can learn more about on my website www.emilyhughestherapy.com
I look forward to meeting you :)
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Counselling skills
Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
Working with mindfulness
Working with Adolescents
Working with the chakra system and energy healing
Working with the Inner Child
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Photos & videos
- Is your mental well-being impacting your physical health?
- Wellness for women at work
- Training? How to stay mentally strong and motivated!
- Look after your well-being for 2017!
- Are you feeding your anxiety?
- Is winter making you fat?
- Are you suffering from SAD?
- 3 ways to improve self-esteem and let go of anxiety
- Can a healthy set of emotions help improve your performance at work?
- Also registered with Counselling Directory
I am available for am and pm appoitments on Tuesdays Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays in Brentwood.