Elisabeth Wood Ba hons. DHP Acc.Hyp - Weight loss, Phobias & Anxiety.
Hello, my name is Elisabeth, I have been a practicing Hypnotherapist for several years.
I work from a private beach hut at my home near beautiful Southwold, where you can come to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
I have worked with people from all sorts of backgrounds (including young and older individuals) on a wide range of issues.
Here are a few examples of issues I have helped:
- Weight-loss. (Cutting right back on sugar and chocolate and snacking and focussing on enjoying healthy eating)
- Stress & anxiety.(for panic attacks)
- Mild Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (I have neutralised bad experiences that have caused phobias)
- Phobias - spiders, dentist, driving and flying)
- Children: Bed-wetting and soiling.(I have worked with families to alleviate psychological issues that caused a reluctance to visit the loo).
- Panic attacks.
- Coping with partner snoring.(Strategies that work and help soothe the listener)
- Alcohol abuse.
- Quitting smoking
The results of dealing with these can be life changing so do give me a call if you would like to find out how I can help you.
I have a special interest in working with people who want to lose weight and through years of practice I have developed my own techniques - this means I can find the right and most succesful approach for you.
You may be experiencing mild to extreem feelings of anxiety that are affecting your daily life negatively. Hypnotherapy helps you access deep relaxation where old triggers and effects of anxiety are neutralised.
Hypnotherapy is a powerful yet gentle tool that will stop phobias from affecting your life. Together we will neutralise known triggers or re-program your un-conscious mind to neutralise unknown causes.
If you are specifically looking for help with weight loss:
I have a special interest in working with people who want to lose weight. I am a licenced Hypno-Band practitioner and through years of practice I have also developed my own techniques - this means I can find the right and most succesful approach for you.
Hypnotherapy is a safe and gentle and effective way to help you make lasting changes.
A hypnotherapist can not make you do anything you do not want to do nor make you behave in a way you would not normally behave.
If you are over-weight and really committed to losing weight then you should be suitable.
Hypnotherapy is not a magic quick-fix, but it will help you make changes easier.
The only exception would be if there is a physiological reason for your weight problems or if you are taking certain medications for example for thyroid issues.Your suitability will be assessed at the initial session.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a Foundation in Hypnosis with Uncommon Knowledge (2014)
I am a fully qualified and registered member of the Professional Hypnotherapy Practitioners Association(2014)
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Quit smoking
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Photos & videos
My fees for a one to one session is £35 per hourly session or 3 sessions for £99 when paid in advance.
A recording of a session ia also available on request for one to one, skype and and telephone customers for £5 administration fee. Recordings can be great value for your money, and be listened to again and again in your own time.
I can supply MP3 Hypnosis recordings sent via email: £33
Facetime (iphone) & Skype appointments:£33
Telephone appointments: £33
Working from Skype and in person in Southwold and The Beccles Saxon Centre for therapies daytimes, week-day evenings and some weekends by arrangement.