Douglas Kidd RMN,CertCBT, DipClinHyp, DipHyp, DipCouns, DipSN, DipHE
I work as a hypnotherapist with a background working as a nurse. I have worked as a hypnotherapist for the last 16yrs. I work with a wide range of conditions including weight loss, smoking and phobias. As a hypnotherapist, I love working with people that feel that they have lost their way in life or have lost parts of themselves that they want to reconnect with or develop further. As a therapist, I feel it's very important to help people reconnect with their passions and make sense out of their life. I have a large interest in helping clients develop their intuition, using meditation and also the use of dreams in therapy.
I have a large interest in working with mental health conditions such a anxiety, depression and PTSD. I also enjoy working with stress related conditions and phobias. I also have a particular interest in dissociative disorders as well.
I have a very large interest in working with trauma cases and working with people that has had difficult upbringings such as emotional, physical and sexual abuse. I find this area very rewarding and love helping people reconnect with aspects of themselves and come to terms with things that have happened in the past and help them to become their authentic selves, not bogged down by the ghosts of the past.
I have a large interest in the areas of parapsychology and transpersonal psychology and I am studying this at a MSc level with Middlesex University and the Alef trust.
I was recommended to Doug by a friend and it was the best thing ever.
I was in a bad place and was continually crying and felt like I just couldn’t cope anymore, and with very little self worth and other problems from an abusive childhood and sexual abuse in my mid-teens.
Also struggling with other problems at work. However, since I have met Doug I have improved tremendously over the past 18 months and become much stronger. His place feels extremely safe and comfortable and he puts you at ease - I am able to talk to him very openly and really enjoy my visits now - have gained a lot of practical help as well. Thanks Doug – cannot recommend him highly enough.
Training, qualifications & experience
Certificate in Clinical Hypnosis
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Certificate in Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (Group Work)
- Diploma in Counselling (Psychodynamic)
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy
- DipHE Nursing (Mental Health)
- MSc Transpersonal Psychology (Currently Studying)
- PhD (working towards)
- EFT Level 1 and Level 2
I have always worked in mental health settings such as psychiatric hospitals, working in acute admissions and then going on to work in rehabilitation and forensic rehabilitation. During this time I have also maintained a private practice.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
I love working with phobias and anxiety related issues. I also have a large interest in working with trauma.
Free 60 min consultation with hypnotherapy taster
£45 per session.
Students Prices £35 per session.
NHS or Private Health Care staff: £30
Past life regression £100
Remote Sessions via FaceTime or Skype £35
- Hypnotherapy for cocaine addiction
- Hypnotherapy for cannabis addicton
- The power of dreaming
- Hypnotherapy and psychoneuroimmunology
- The use of hypnotherapy for migraine headaches
- The use of hypnosis when working with cancer pain
- The dangers of suppressing memories
- Hypnotherapy for emotional regulation issues
- Self-soothing techniques when working with trauma
- How to enhance your parts therapy
- How to work with gambling addiction
- Compassion burnout in therapy
Various appointments times available usually work between 9 am - 8pm