Dawn Stemmer CNHC, FHT, PGDip Clinical Practice
01942 356004 / 07734 595275
I help you to make the changes that you choose. Each session we will work to identify the most important issues that you feel is important to you, such as depression, anxiety or addressing your ongoing weight issues, as well as explore and identify the positive changes you have made and together personally structure your session to accommodate and benefit you the most... I use an Integrative Approach which means you don't get shoe horned into a generalised plan.
We all want to feel happy, contented and valued in life, but there are times when you can feel that life is passing you, just not right or you feel overwhelmed for reasons you may or may not understand. This can impact greatly on your Physical, Mental and Emotional well being and can leave you feeling anxious, tense, and irritable as well as feeling isolated and alone.
I can help you make those changes rapidly using the very latest BrainWorking Recursive Therapy intervention (BWRT®) so quickly overcoming those challenges that brought you here today, this new therapy does not involve hypnosis – it is a unique and new concept based on proven scientific concepts.
BWRT® is a model created by UK professional therapist, Terence Watts, MCGI. It’s a totally confidential method that does not require you to reveal your private information or personal secrets to your therapist and it is carried out in a completely conscious state. It does not use hypnosis or any concepts that might be considered mystical or unscientific – it’s completely logical, practical and down-to-earth, and for it to succeed only needs you to know what you want to change in your life. I am a Certified Practitioners, trained to deliver BWRT®
I have many years of practice, both as private practitioner and an NHS Integrative Hypnotherapy and senior Calming intervention therapist, and there may be times when you will need longer periods of personal therapy because I understand how we can all find life difficult and a struggle at times and how it can happen. I use all my professional expertise in bringing a multi-skilled therapeutic approach to help you resolve these feelings.
Hypnotherapy, Integrative Psychotherapy as well as Complementary therapy and Body therapeutic touch have helped people find solutions and assisted them in feeling better when they felt unable to do so themselves.
I work in a unique way, bringing together the latest neuroscience, psycho-dynamic and analytical theories. This enables me to work efficiently and quickly, using a 5-step process:
- Facilitating a warm, safe and private environment where you will be accepted and allowed the space and time to present your specific concerns or issues in a non-judgemental way.
- Where you are encouraged to speak openly and engage in your own therapy process.
- Where I will actively listen and work with you at a depth and pace that is right for you.
- Tailoring and adapting each session for you as well as guiding and supporting you through the process.
- Providing and designing specialist therapeutic material and CD’s to build upon your inner-resilience, skills and personal development and growth.
Using all of the above expertise to build, either as part of a therapeutic package or as a stand-alone treatment, I can optimise your ability to recover quickly - thus reducing the periods of time you need to attend for therapy.
You can be assured that as an accredited CNHC practitioner, a member of FHT, UKCP, BWRT, BBRS and NHMA Master Practitioner in Transformational of which I offer you a service to the highest level.
You can choose to make changes now by contacting me.
The people I work with attend for many different reasons and come from many different backgrounds. Some clients refer themselves, while others are referred by other allied health professionals, including private medical providers within St Helens and the surrounding Merseyside, Cheshire and Lancashire regions.
I specialise in working and supporting issues relating to hospice & cancer care. My expertise includes providing clinical interventions to help clients cope with, for example, anxiety, fear and phobia using Hypno-Calming techniques. I also work with social anxiety and panic attacks, weight related issues, habitual and addictive behaviours and a wide range of common symptoms and conditions.
I regularly undertake extensive continuing professional development to the highest level and receive both clinical supervision and personal therapy. This means that you will benefit from my extensive additional training in Psychotherapy, Psychology, Integrative Touch Therapies and Neuroscience based interventions. All of this is undertaken to help you achieve your goals as easily and as safely as possible.
For your appointment, please click through to my website or contact me confidentially by phone or email. Your well-being is of the utmost importance and I have many qualified and experienced hands supporting me, so that I can support you. I look forward to speaking and working with you and witnessing your therapeutic journey.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BWRT® BrainWorking Recursive Therapy Level one Practitioner.
- Post Graduate Certificate Clinical Hypnotherapy in Health and Holistic Care (Integrative Health Unit The Christie NHS Trust)
- Clinical Hypnotherapy for weight and body-issues (Integrative Health Unit The Christie NHS Trust)
- Clinical Hypnotherapy smoking cessation (Integrative Health Unit The Christie NHS Trust)
- Clinical Hypnotherapy Post/Pre medical calming interventions (Integrative Health Unit The Christie NHS Trust)
- Advanced HypnoCalm (Integrative Health Unit The Christie NHS Trust)
- Integrated Mindfulness Resilience Enhancement Practitioner (MRE) Level 2 certificate
- Manchester Institution of Psychotherapy (MIP) Integrative Psychotherapy Competence Certificate
- TA101 & Foundation Certificate in Transactional Analysis
- City & Guilds Clinical Diploma Certificate Clinical Complementary Therapy, Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology
- NHMA accredited NO HANDS Massage Transforming Touch Master Practitioner
- Advanced Reflexology (Integrative Health Unit The Christie NHS Trust)
- RDL Reflexology Lymph Drainage (Sally Key Accreditation)
- DBS Certificate
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
My clinical specialist work is now available at my Haydock Therapy Rooms and I offer adapted session working with and supporting clients who have a diagnosis of living with cancer and/or having received cancer treatment. Sessions are charged at a reduced rate and can be offered to the main carers or family members.
This specialised service includes therapeutic body work, hypnotherapy and relaxation to help patients with treatment, surgery and procedural related concerns and anxieties , e.g. needle phobia, claustrophobia linked to radiotherapy treatments and anticipatory nausea.
- Hypnotherapy based ‘Relaxation’, Mindfulness and Creative Imagery coaching sessions for a range of concerns and issues.
- Accredited Complementary bodywork techniques to help with relaxation and improve resilience through treatment and at end of life care.
- Adaptive Hypno-Calming techniques and Advanced Reflexology sessions for assistance with fatigue, hot flushes, pain, sleep issues/insomnia and peripheral neuropathy and incorporates Reflexology Lymph Drainage (RLD) an award winning reflexology technique which focuses on stimulating the lymphatic reflexes on the feet. The aim is to cause an effect on the lymphatic system in the body. It is a unique sequence that has been researched and developed by Sally Kay BSc (Hons), whilst working in Cancer Care.
Photos & videos
Appointment times are Monday to Friday including evenings.
Charges and Fees
All my therapeutic services have a simple pricing system examples below
1 FREE 30 minutes phone Consultation
£65.00 - Assessment Consultation and Treatment Plan approx 1.5 hours
£50.00 - Single Appointment 60 minutes.
£45.00 - Standing Order Payments or Pre-Booked appointments 1 hour
£65.00 - BWRT for beneficial and rapid change - 90 minute BrainWorking Recursive Therapy works to change unwanted behaviours, replacing them with chosen responses and bringing about positive life change and bring about the desired change that you desire
£450.00 Voyage Of Inner Discovery - 8 week designer package
This Transformational journey is a personal awareness and development coaching package using Psycho-educational and analytical mythologies. Suitable for clients who feel trapped, find life a struggle and unable to move forward or simply seeking to understand the reasons why they continue to feel, think or behave the way you do. Examples such as wanting to address their addictive behaviours, weight issues or confidence and build self-esteem.
This package offer is for one hour sessions over a 16 week period and uses the Brainworking Recursive Therapy for lasting and Rapid Resolution (www.BWRT.org)
All payments are made via on-line bank transfer and full payment is required to secure all your appointments, any sessions unattended will not be refunded after the first consultation.
Private Group Psycho-Educational Development Packages
£450.00 - Calm-Team 3 hour Work shop packages personally designed to be educational, interactive and practical, experiential and content free group work, maximum attendees 10. Further information upon request.
Attendance to Hospice and Private Healthcare setting available upon request.
I work from a bespoke and private, purpose-built therapy building set within a quiet and private garden which is made available to you and you alone until your session has ended. I can offer you week-day or evening appointments. For regular clients, all future dates and times may be secured in advance for your ease and convenience. Ask about our standing order and price concessions.
I have a purpose built therapy clinic situated within a landscaped and tranquil garden and there are 3 small steps leading into the reception and clinic. Free parking, situated on main bus routes and only a short distance from NW major motorways.
Week-day or evening appointments.