Dawn Stemmer CNHC, FHT, PGDip Clinical Practice
01942 356004 / 07734 595275
I help you to make the changes that you choose. Each session we will work to identify the most important issues that you feel is important to you, such as depression, anxiety or addressing your ongoing weight issues, as well as explore and identify the positive changes you have made and together personally structure your session to accommodate and benefit you the most... I use an Integrative Approach which means you don't get shoe horned into a generalised plan.
We all want to feel happy, contented and valued in life, but there are times when you can feel that life is passing you, just not right or you feel overwhelmed for reasons you may or may not understand. This can impact greatly on your Physical, Mental and Emotional well being and can leave you feeling anxious, tense, and irritable as well as feeling isolated and alone.
Through many years of practice, both as an NHS Integrative Hypnotherapy and senior Calming intervention therapist and private practitioner, I understand how and why that can happen. I use all my professional expertise in bringing a multi-skilled therapeutic approach to help you resolve these feelings.
Hypnotherapy, Integrative Psychotherapy and Therapeutic Touch Massage and Body work have helped people find solutions and assisted them in feeling better when they felt unable to do so themselves.
I work in a unique way, bringing together the latest neuroscience, psycho-dynamic and analytical theories. This enables me to work efficiently and quickly, using a 5-step process:
- Facilitating a warm, safe and private environment where you will be accepted and allowed the space and time to present your specific concerns or issues in a non-judgemental way.
- Where you are encouraged to speak openly and engage in your own therapy process.
- Where I will actively listen and work with you at a depth and pace that is right for you.
- Tailoring and adapting each session for you as well as guiding and supporting you through the process.
- Providing and designing specialist therapeutic material and CD’s to build upon your inner-resilience, skills and personal development and growth.
Using all of the above expertise to build, either as part of a therapeutic package or as a stand-alone treatment, I can optimise your ability to recover quickly - thus reducing the periods of time you need to attend for therapy.
You can be assured that as an accredited CNHC practitioner, and a member of FHT and NHMA Master Practitioner in Transformational Touch you will receive and experience a professional service to the highest level.
You can choose to make changes now by contacting me.
The people I work with attend for many different reasons and come from many different backgrounds. Some clients refer themselves, while others are referred by other allied health professionals, including private medical providers within St Helens and the surrounding Merseyside, Cheshire and Lancashire regions.
I specialise in working and supporting issues relating to hospice & cancer care. My expertise includes providing clinical interventions to help clients cope with, for example, anxiety, fear and phobia using HypnoCalming techniques. I also work with social anxiety and panic attacks, weight related issues, habitual and addictive behaviours and a wide range of common symptoms and conditions.
I regularly undertake extensive continuing professional development to the highest level and receive both clinical supervision and personal therapy. This means that you will benefit from my extensive additional training in Psychotherapy, Psychology, Integrative Touch Therapies and Neuroscience based interventions. All of this is undertaken to help you achieve your goals as easily and as safely as possible.
For your appointment, please click through to my website or contact me confidentially by phone or email. Your well-being is of the utmost importance and I have many qualified and experienced hands supporting me, so that I can support you. I look forward to speaking and working with you and witnessing your therapeutic journey.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Certificate Clinical Hypnotherapy in Health and Holistic Care (Integrative Health Unit The Christie NHS Trust)
- Clinical Hypnotherapy for weight and body-issues (Integrative Health Unit The Christie NHS Trust)
- Clinical Hypnotherapy smoking cessation (Integrative Health Unit The Christie NHS Trust)
- Clinical Hypnotherapy Post/Pre medical calming interventions (Integrative Health Unit The Christie NHS Trust)
- Advanced HypnoCalm (Integrative Health Unit The Christie NHS Trust)
- Integrated Mindfulness Resilience Enhancement Practitioner (MRE) Level 2 certificate
- Manchester Institution of Psychotherapy (MIP) Integrative Psychotherapy Competence Certificate
- TA101 & Foundation Certificate in Transactional Analysis
- City & Guilds Clinical Diploma Certificate Clinical Complementary Therapy, Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology
- NHMA accredited NO HANDS Massage Transforming Touch Master Practitioner
- Advanced Reflexology (Integrative Health Unit The Christie NHS Trust)
- RDL Reflexology Lymph Drainage (Sally Key Accreditation)
- DBS Certificate
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
My clinical specialist work is now available at my Haydock Therapy Rooms and I offer adapted session working with and supporting clients who have a diagnosis of living with cancer and/or having received cancer treatment. Sessions are charged at a reduced rate and can be offered to the main carers or family members.
This specialised service includes therapeutic body work, hypnotherapy and relaxation to help patients with treatment, surgery and procedural related concerns and anxieties , e.g. needle phobia, claustrophobia linked to radiotherapy treatments and anticipatory nausea.
- Hypnotherapy based ‘Relaxation’, Mindfulness and Creative Imagery coaching sessions for a range of concerns and issues.
- Accredited Complementary bodywork techniques to help with relaxation and improve resilience through treatment and at end of life care.
- Adaptive Hypno-Calming techniques and Advanced Reflexology sessions for assistance with fatigue, hot flushes, pain, sleep issues/insomnia and peripheral neuropathy and incorporates Reflexology Lymph Drainage (RLD) an award winning reflexology technique which focuses on stimulating the lymphatic reflexes on the feet. The aim is to cause an effect on the lymphatic system in the body. It is a unique sequence that has been researched and developed by Sally Kay BSc (Hons), whilst working in Cancer Care.
Appointment times are Monday to Friday including evenings.
All my therapeutic services have a simple pricing system
1 FREE 30 minutes phone Consultation
Assessment Consultation and Treatment Plan approx 1.5 hours £65
Single Appointment up to 75 minutes £55
Returning Client Standard Appointment up to 75 minutes £50
Advanced Standing Order Payments or Pre-Booked appointments £45 (conditions apply)
A Voyage Of Inner Discovery £300.00
This Transformational & Psycho-educational journey is for personal change and growth. Suitable for clients who feel trapped, find life a struggle and unable to move forward or simply seeking to understand the reasons why they continue to feel, think or behave the way you do. Examples such as wanting to address their addictive behaviours, weight issues or confidence and build self-esteem.
This package offer is for 5 one hour sessions over a 10 week period and uses the Brainworking Recursive Therapy for lasting and Rapid Resolution (www.BWRT.org)
All payments are made via on-line bank transfer and full payment is required to secure all your appointments, any sessions unattended will not be refunded after the first consultation.
Private Group Psycho-Educational Development Packages
Calm-Team packages designed for the individual or team group work, On-site visits 80 minutes £200 per session, maximum attendees 10. Further information upon request.
Attendance to Hospice and Private Healthcare setting available upon request.
I work from a bespoke and private, purpose-built therapy building set within a quiet and private garden which is made available to you and you alone until your session has ended. I can offer you week-day or evening appointments. For regular clients, all future dates and times may be secured in advance for your ease and convenience. Ask about our standing order and price concessions.
Week-day or evening appointments.