Dawn Lilburn, GHR Reg. Grad. Dip Counselling, BACP Snr Accred, EMDR Accred.
07795 093101 / 07795093101
Welcome to my profile.
I am a fully qualified General Hypnotherapy Registered Clinical Hypnotherapist working with adult clients in the York and North Yorkshire area. I work from home from a comfortable, private, therapy room not far from York city centre. I offer day time and evening appointments. There is plenty of free parking available just outside if you are driving, but my practice is also easily reached by public transport with the Rawciffe Park and Ride just a few minutes walk away.
I am a member of the General Hypnotherapy Register working within the ethical guidelines of the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council.
I am also a member of the Guild for Stress Management and Trauma Specialists and the Guild for Smoking Cessation Specialists and Therapists.
I also have 14 years post-qualified experience of working as a counsellor. Most of this time was spent working in the voluntary sector in GP's surgeries for a counselling service. During this time I was also part of a specialist team delivering mid to longer term counselling to adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse.
I am a Senior Accredited Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy and an EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing) Europe Accredited Practitioner with EMDR Europe (see my website www.dawnlilburncounselling.co.uk.)
I work with my client's as individuals either using hypnotherapy as a stand alone therapy or sometimes suggesting a combination of approaches if I believe this could be on more benefit. I do not believe that one therapy suits all and my aim is to offer my clients a personalised service with a wide range of choice around how we work together to achieve their goals.
If you would like to arrange to meet for an assessment session or if you would like to ask some questions, or discuss any concerns you might have around clinical hypnotherapy please ring me on 07795093101 (confidential answer-phone available).
Training, qualifications & experience
See my profile for details of my experience
- Attachment Perspectives on Borderline Personality Disorder and Implications for Therapy
- Cognitive Interweaves in EMDR
- Working with Dissociative Disorders in Clinical Practice
- EMDR Therapy and Mindfulness for Trauma-Focused Care
- Healing Complex Trauma and Dissociation with Ego State Therapy and EMDR
- Losing Sleep, how Psychotherapeutic Techniques can help
- Trauma, Dissociation and Recovery
- Certificate in Occupational Stress Management
- Diploma of Clinical Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy
- General Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice
- Diploma in Smoking Cessation Therapy
- Certificate in N.L.P. Skills
- Living and Working with Dissociation
- Mind-body Preparation for IVF
- EMDR with People who dissociate and/or have DID
- EMDR for OCD
- Developing Skills for working with Traumatic Bereavements
- Therapist to Coach
- Managing Stress with Mindfulness
- Attachment and Trauma
- The use of Temporal Sequencing as part of EMDR treatment
- Flexible Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- A Primal Look at Attachment
- Domestic Abuse Awareness
- Mindfulness Based CBT
- Graduate Diploma in Counselling
- Key Approaches to Working with Clients
- Counselling Certificate
- Diploma in Individual and Group Supervision
- EMDR Europe Training Parts 1,2 and 3
- EMDR and Bereavement
- Getting to Grips with the Pain Protocol (EMDR)
- The Phobia and Present Anxiety EMDR Protocol
- Overcoming Roadblocks in Trauma
- Brief Solution Focused Therapy
- Introduction to CBT
- Attachment Theory and Neo-natal Development
- Sleep Disorders and Mental Health
- Childhood Sexual Abuse and Adult Mental Health
- Creative Counselling
- Basic Training in Child Protection
- Working with Dreams
- Emotional Maturity
- EFT Workshop
- Supporting People with Eating Disorders
- The Essential Toolkit for Running Groups
- Working Therapeutically with Couples
- Family Constellations
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
I also work with:- Assertiveness, Fears, IVF Mind/body preparation, Infertility, Lack of Motivation, Sleep Walking, and Driving Test Nerves.
If you are unsure if your issues would be appropriate for hypnotherapy please give me a ring on 07795093101 (confidential answerphone available.)
Photos & videos
Although I do not offer a free assessment session, I am happy to discuss any concerns you may have or to try to answer any questions either via telephone or email prior to meeting.
So when we do meet all of the time can be focused on helping you with your issues and working towards your goals.
My fees are:-
- An assessment session (lasting 90 minutes) £80.00.
- All subsequent sessions (lasting 60 minutes) £55.00.
Smoking Cessation package available comprising assessment and follow up session £190.00.
Payment can be made prior to or at the time of treatment and can be made with cash or bank transfer (email me for details.)
What to expect from the first session:-
The assessment session will last for 1.5 hours. During the first hour I will be asking you a lot of questions in order to put together a personalised plan for you. You will also have the opportunity of asking any questions you may have.
Only If you are feeling comfortable and ready to do so, you will have a taster of how it feels to go into a trance state. A trance state can feel difference for everyone, there are no right or wrong ways to feel. It might feel like the relaxed feeling you have just before you drop off to sleep.
At no point will you be unconscious and you will be in control at all times. If you feel uncomfortable at any time you only have to let me know and we will stop the process until you feel ready to resume.
I work Monday to Thursday from 9.00 am, evening appointments up to 7pm may also be available