David Hall DipCAH HPD MNCH (Reg) - Phoenix Hypnotherapy
5 Corsair Close
Welcome to the Phoenix Hypnotherapy page.
My name is Dave and I'm pleased to have this chance to share with you a little bit about what we do and how we can help you to feel confident, in control and able to lead the fulfilling life that you want to have.
Take a moment to consider these few questions...
- Are you looking to improve the quality of your life, to feel more successful and more fulfilled?
- Are you feeling that the pace of life is a bit overwhelming and you want to find positive and effective ways of managing it all better?
- Are you feeling stressed? Perhaps you are not sleeping, feeling ‘on-edge’ and increasingly irritable, agitated and angry?
- Do you feel overly anxious or panicky?
- Are you feeling disconnected in your relationships with family, friends, work colleagues? Are you having relationship problems?
- Do you feel you are not coping at work?
- Do you experience a sense of being unwell e.g. digestive and bowel problems, chronic pain or fatigue?
- Do you suffer from phobias or irrational fears?
- Do you smoke and want to give up?
- Do you want to lose weight?
This is by no means an exhaustive list but these are examples of the issues and conditions that hypnotherapy can help to address and overcome.
How does it work?
Hypnotherapy makes use of your body and mind's natural ways of working to help address a range of issues that can have a detrimental impact on your quality of life and well-being. It is best achieved through a state of very deep and calm relaxation. When we are deeply relaxed and focus our attention we dismiss the distractions of the world around us. This allows a hypnotherapist to bypass the critical conscious mind and offer suggestions to the subconscious. You can also be taught to do this yourself using self-hypnosis techniques that build upon our work. If you are motivated, committed and willing to work in partnership with me then the hypnotherapy experience is greatly enhanced and beneficial.
What will I experience?
Everyone is different but broadly it is best described as a very pleasant sensation of relaxation and peace. You are not unconscious and you are always in full control of your actions. If something was to happen e.g. a fire alarm or something that requires you to respond then you would be able to. You may not recall everything that is said during a session but that’s perfectly normal because it is your subconscious mind that is being offered the suggestions.
How will I work with you?
The more I get to know about you the better. Hypnotherapy is most effective when it is tailor made to your needs and what matters to you. Initially, we will have a 90 minute consultation so we can build that all important trust and rapport. It is your time to talk while I listen and ask a few questions. From there we can build a treatment plan for moving forward and agree the likely number of sessions we will need. I never decide in advance how many we will have (on average it is three or four but could be less or more depending on circumstances). We will always monitor progress together because as I said before - we are in partnership!
My commitment to you as part of that partnership is that I will
- Build empathy and having an accurate understanding of your needs.
- Always having a positive regard for you so as to act in your best interests. We can challenge how we behave but we all deserve to be treated as a human being
- Be non-judgmental.
- Recognise that you make your own choices.
- Recognise that we are all capable of change and striving to exceed our potential.
In working with you I adhere fully to the Codes and Ethics of the National Council of Hypnotherapy and the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council, both of which I am a registered member.
I have had a long and successful career in education both as a teacher and as a leader. I've worked with a range of people, pupils and staff and acquired experience and skill in coaching, developing potential, growing and counselling. This wealth of knowledge, skill and experience transfers seamlessly into my work as a hypnotherapist.
And I've also had my own mental health issues to address (you can read about this on Phoenix Hypnotherapy website). I know how it feels. I know how transforming an experience hypnotherapy was for me and I know how much more fulfilled my life is today as a result. It's why I am passionate and committed to help others to be empowered too and to raise awareness about mental health more widely.
I look forward to meeting and working with you.
Just give us a call or drop us a line.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully qualified and insured clinical hypnotherapist having gained both my Diploma in Clinical and Advanced Hypnosis through the UK Academy of Therapeutic Arts and Science as well as his Hypnotherapy Practitioners Diploma. I am a registered member of the National Council of Hypnotherapy (NCH) and the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
I have had a long and successful career in education, as a teacher of Chemistry and broad Science across the 11-18 age range before taking on a number of roles in leadership and management; most recently as an Associate Headteacher in a Multi Academy Trust. I hold the National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH). This has equipped me with skills in coaching, counselling and mentoring.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Enquiry telephone conversation (no obligation) - FREE
First Consultation Session (90 mins) - £65
Treatment Session (60 mins) - £50
Smoking Cessation (usually single session) - £180
I was nervous about having hypnotherapy but Dave very quickly put me at ease, listened carefully and supported me. I felt able to trust him very quickly. I was wanting help with managing my weight and dealing with stress. Working with Dave has helped me enormously. I would definitely recommend him.
As someone heavily involved in performing Arts, I went to Dave to get some help with my confidence particularly for auditioning and responding to feedback. The support he gave me was excellent and hypnotherapy has helped massively with my stage fright.
I have suffered for some time with dry eye syndrome and it was stopping me doing every day things. Dave helped me to stop focusing on my eyes and taught me ways of managing the discomfort. I am much more confident about getting out and about now!
Evenings and Weekend Appointments available. Please call to book an appointment.