Chris Rudyard HypnoPsychotherapist: Addictions, Anxiety, Phobia, Stress, PTSD.
My name is Chris Rudyard MBACP & MCNH Reg.
I am a qualified psychotherapist & hypnotherapist. I offer a straightforward approach and I will use what it takes to help you.
Although I can work with most issues, most people see me regarding:
- Fears & Phobias
- Trauma & PTSD
Hypnosis is a fast-acting therapy that only usually requires a few sessions. For deeper rooted issues I combine Psychotherapy with Hypnotherapy:
Hypno-Psychotherapy is what most people see me for, because of my broad experience, training, and qualifications in both psychotherapy and hypnosis.
You are in safe hand when you are with me, I genuinely care about my clients and want to help them get to where they want to be.
Get in touch it'll be nice to hear from you!
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy - Central College England - Birmingham. NCH Accredited course.
- Diploma in NLP (Neuro-linguistic Programming)
- Cert in NLP Professional Coaching - Central College England - Birmingham. Get motivated, set & achieve goals, work beyond blocks, and stay on track.
- Cert in Solution Focused Hypno-psychotherapy - Central College England - Birmingham. Nick Cooke
- Cert in Solution Focused Counselling Skills - Central College England - Birmingham. Nick Cooke
- Cert in Ericksonian Hypnotherapy - Central College England - Birmingham. Nick Cooke
- Cert in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy - Central College England. Nick Cooke
- Postgraduate Lv7 (at Masters Level) - Person Centred & CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) Therapies' at Temenos - Sheffield. This training also included 3rd Wave CBT techniques such as mindfulness, and exposure techniques.
- Accredited Diploma Level 4 - Theory & Practice of Counselling (This course focussed solely on the Client/Person-Centred Psychotherapy - Person-Centred Counselling Services (PCCS) Training Partnership - Manchester.
- Cert in Counselling Supervision - British Psychological Society approved training - Skills Development Centre.
- Cert BSP Phase 1 - British Psychological Society approved training. A cutting edge, gentle therapy for processing traumatic experiences, amongst other 'difficult to shift' experiences. This approach is also great if you don't want to talk about the problem in detail, BSP uses integration of neuropsychology and mindfulness. Dr. Mark Grixti. Brighton, East Sussex
- Cert BSP Phase 2 - British Psychological Society approved training. Enhanced BSP for complex trauma and a range of difficult to process experiences. I have successfully used BSP for addiction, anxiety, dissociative experiences, nightmares, PTSD, and unexplained anxiety. Dr. Mark Grixti. Brighton, East Sussex.
- Cert BSP Phase 3 - BSP training. Fully adaptable, and enhanced BSP approach, used for many 'difficult to process' issues, creativity, dissociative identity, EGO states, sports trauma, and complex trauma & PTS(d). Trained by Dr. David Grand the US founder of BSP. Barcelona, Spain.
- Cert BSP & Addictions - Specialist Neurotherapy for all addictions. From chocolate, biscuits, crisps, through to drug use, smoking, OCD, & self-harm. This approach incorporates attachment theory, neuroscience, and trauma. Dr. Roby Abeles - London
- Cert EMI Level 1 Practitioner - a specialised Neurotherapy designed for trauma & PTSD (distressing memory & experience). This is a hybrid of popular EMDR therapy, it integrates, NLP, metadata, and 24 different eye movements. Eva Pollani (Europe's lead EMI accredited trainer) - Bath, Somerset.
- Cert EMI Level 2 + Supervision - this approach has been researched and found to be helpful with phobias and deeper rooted trauma. Eva Pollani (Europe's lead EMI accredited trainer)- Bath, Somerset.
- Cert Counselling Skills Level 3 - ABC Awards - Manchester.
- Cert Counselling Concepts Level 2 - ABC Awards - Manchester.
- Cert of Proficiency BACP – the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
Continuing Professional Development
I commit to more than the 30 required hours Certified CPD/ongoing training every year. I completed over 180 CPD hours in 2018.
- Applied suicide intervention skills training (A.S.I.S.T) - Living Works
- Attachment theory & adoption training
- Attachment & trauma
- Bereavement/loss & palliative care counselling - NHS/Trafford Bereavement & Palliative
- Care Service
- Child & adult safeguarding Lv3/4
- Conflict resolution
- Counterterrorism training (WRAP)
- Counselling young people - Relate
- Couples & relationship counselling - PCCS Training Partnership
- Data protection & GDPR 2018
- Domestic violence - Relate
- Effects of childhood traumatic stress on physical & mental health - Dr. Maté
- Family support - Beechwood cancer care
- First Aid 2017
- Group work - NHS
- Gestalt therapy dream work
- Health & safety - QCF
- Integration of Mind, Brain and Body in the Treatment of Trauma - with Dr. Bessel van der Kolk - Author of The Body Keeps The Score
- Intro to Gestalt therapy - Brian McMinn
- Intro to Existential Psychotherapy - New School of Psychotherapy - Dr. Emmy van Deurzen
- Intro to NLP
- Polyvagal Theory - Deb Dana
- Supporting LGBTQ+ mental health
- Mental health - NHS
- Self-harm - Teaching School Alliance
- Suicide TALK - Living Works
- Timian (challenging behaviour) - BILD
- Trauma-informed practice & scope
- Transactional Analysis
- Young people, sex & the law
Enhanced DBS/CRB updated every 2 years. Fully insured therapist and coach.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Because I am also a very qualified and experienced Psychotherapist, I am able to work with a number of issues for which hypnotherapy alone may not be the most suitable intervention.
I have over 17 years working closely with people on Anxiety, Stress & Trauma
I may also be classed as a PTSD Specialist due to training and qualifications.
Photos & videos
Free 10 minute telephone assessment
- Regular sessions are £50.00 per 50-minute session
- Addiction sessions are £150.00 for 1.5 hours (If preferred)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Neurotherapy - scientific based psychotherapy for trauma, PTSD, and addiction
BSP & EMI therapies are fast acting, deep, and the most powerful forms of therapy I have had personally and used. They are not available through the NHS or through charities.
Research has shown that traditional 'talking therapies' are not that effective as a way of healing trauma. Trauma is more than a memory, it leaves a physical imprint on your nervous system. Therefore trauma is both mental and physical, so often traditional talking therapies and CBT are not enough.
I consider BSP to be the most beneficial form of therapy that I work with. 'Talking therapy' gets you so far, and BSP gets you the rest of the way.
Treating certain traumas with talking therapies is like trying to talk an ankle injury better - it might help you feel a little less stressed, but there's much more that can be done. BSP & EMI therapy work with your whole nervous system to help you recover.
Neurotherapies & Somatic therapies (brain/body-based therapies) have been used to help regulate and process, anxiety, anger, cravings, trauma & PTS(d) symptoms. EMI & BSP are scientifically based and are researched to prove beneficial in many circumstances. BSP goes much deeper than traditional talking therapy working with your midbrain and Limbic system. They are also used for addictions by going deep into brain regions where the 'reward system' is. Talking therapies cannot fully reach this part of the brain, as this part of the brain does not understand language.
Trauma-focused therapy - Specialist quick EMI treatment for traumatic events no matter how long ago they were. EMI has been used successfully for: abuse, bullying, crimes inc. knife & gun crimes, road traffic incidents, sexual abuse, rape, and witnessing of traumatic incidents (secondary trauma). Most people will not identify their trauma as trauma.
What could a trauma be?
There are numerous experiences that could cause trauma. Most people who have experienced trauma would not class it as such, and/or 'downplay' it.
- a prolonged stressful period
- abuse in any form
- adverse childhood experiences (ACEs)
- developmental trauma
- drug induced trauma
- injury inc. sporting injuries
- near death experience and severe illness
- prolonged stressful situations
- rejection from parent/loved one
- traumatic birth
- witnessing a traumatic incident or a death
- Also registered with Counselling Directory
If you need disabled access then I will need to see you in Liverpool City Centre
Monday to Friday. 9.00am to 6.00pm. Saturday. 8am-11am only.