Chris Rudyard - Hypnotherapist & Psychotherapist
Hello & Welcome:
My name is Chris Rudyard MBACP & MNCS Accredited. I have over 17 years helping all kinds of people make lasting changes.
I am a fully insured and qualified psychotherapist & hypnotherapist. People see me for all kinds of problems including :
- Addictions & Binging (alcohol, food, self-harm, smoking, drug use)
- Sexual difficulties
- Trauma & PTSD - Historical experiences that still impact on you
Hypno-Psychotherapy - I'm trained and qualified in both Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy - Central College England - Birmingham. NCH Accredited course.
- Postgraduate Lv7 (at Masters Level) - Person Centred & CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) Therapies' at Temenos - Sheffield. This training also included 3rd Wave CBT techniques such as mindfulness, and exposure techniques.
- Accredited Diploma Level 4 - Theory & Practice of Counselling (This course focussed solely on the Client/Person-Centred Psychotherapy - Person-Centred Counselling Services (PCCS) Training Partnership - Manchester.
- Diploma in NLP (Neuro-linguistic Programming)
- Ego State Therapy & Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR)- Robin Shapiro, Seattle Washington
- Cert in NLP Professional Coaching - Central College England - Birmingham. Get motivated, set & achieve goals, work beyond blocks, and stay on track.
- Cert in Solution Focused Hypno-psychotherapy - Central College England - Birmingham. Nick Cooke
- Cert in Solution Focused Counselling Skills - Central College England - Birmingham. Nick Cooke
- Cert in Ericksonian Hypnotherapy - Central College England - Birmingham. Nick Cooke
- Cert in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy - Central College England. Nick Cooke
- Cert in Counselling Supervision - British Psychological Society approved training - Skills Development Centre.
- Cert Brainspotting Phase 1 - British Psychological Society approved training. A cutting edge, gentle therapy for processing traumatic experiences, amongst other 'difficult to shift' experiences. This approach is also great if you don't want to talk about the problem in detail, BSP uses integration of neuropsychology and mindfulness. Dr. Mark Grixti. Brighton, East Sussex
- Cert Brainspotting Phase 2 - British Psychological Society approved training. Enhanced BSP for complex trauma and a range of difficult to process experiences. I have successfully used BSP for addiction, anxiety, dissociative experiences, nightmares, PTSD, and unexplained anxiety. Dr. Mark Grixti. Brighton, East Sussex.
- Cert Brainspotting Phase 3 - Training with U.S. founder Fully adaptable, and enhanced BSP approach, used for many 'difficult to process' issues, creativity, dissociative identity, EGO states, sports trauma, and complex trauma & PTS(d). Trained by Dr. David Grand the US founder of BSP. Barcelona, Spain.
- Cert BSP & Addictions - Specialist Neurotherapy for all addictions. From chocolate, biscuits, crisps, through to drug use, smoking, OCD, & self-harm. Dr. Roby Abeles - London
- BSP Masterclass - Training with U.S. founder. Enhanced training in the Brainspoting theory and approach for working with deep rooted trauma networks, and dissociation. Dr. David Grand - Barcelona Spain, May 2019
- Cert Eye Movement Integration Level 1 Practitioner - a specialised Neurotherapy designed for trauma & PTSD (distressing memory & experience). This is a hybrid of popular EMDR therapy, it integrates, NLP, metadata, and 24 different eye movements. Eva Pollani (Europe's lead EMI accredited trainer) - Bath, Somerset.
- Cert Eye Movement Integration Level 2 + Supervision - this approach has been researched and found to be helpful with phobias and deeper rooted trauma. Eva Pollani (Europe's lead EMI accredited trainer)- Bath, Somerset.
- Cert Counselling Skills Level 3 - ABC Awards - Manchester.
- Cert Counselling Concepts Level 2 - ABC Awards - Manchester.
- Cert of Proficiency BACP – the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
Continuing Professional Development
I commit to more than the 30 required hours Certified CPD/ongoing training every year. I completed over 180 CPD hours in 2018.
- Applied suicide intervention skills training (A.S.I.S.T) - Living Works
- Attachment theory & adoption training
- Attachment & trauma
- Bereavement/loss & palliative care counselling - NHS/Trafford Bereavement & Palliative
- Care Service
- Child & adult safeguarding Lv3/4
- Conflict resolution
- Counterterrorism training (WRAP)
- Counselling young people - Relate
- Couples & relationship counselling - PCCS Training Partnership
- Data protection & GDPR 2018
- Domestic violence - Relate
- Effects of childhood traumatic stress on physical & mental health - Dr. Maté
- Family support - Beechwood cancer care
- First Aid 2017
- Group work - NHS
- Gestalt therapy dream work
- Health & safety - QCF
- Integration of Mind, Brain and Body in the Treatment of Trauma - with Dr. Bessel van der Kolk - Author of The Body Keeps The Score
- Intro to Gestalt therapy - Brian McMinn
- Intro to Existential Psychotherapy - New School of Psychotherapy - Dr. Emmy van Deurzen
- Intro to NLP
- Polyvagal Theory - Deb Dana
- Polyvagal Theory, Oxycontin, and the Neurobiology of Love - Dr. Stephen Porges & Dr. Sue Carther
- Supporting LGBTQ+ mental health
- Mental health - NHS
- Self-harm - Teaching School Alliance
- Suicide TALK - Living Works
- Timian (challenging behaviour) - BILD
- Trauma-informed practice & scope
- Transactional Analysis
- Young people, sex & the law
Enhanced DBS/CRB updated every 2 years. Fully insured therapist and coach.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Male sexual problems *
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
I have over 17 years working in mental health, working closely with people on: Addictions, Anxiety, Stress, Trauma & PTS(d).
My other sites are:
Photos & videos
- My sessions are £60.00 for 50 a minute session
- Addiction sessions £120.00 for 1.5 hours - Examples of what people want control over: alcohol, cocaine, chocolate, crisps, nail biting, smoking, vaping etc. My method is scientifically based and is like no other hypnosis method.
Unlike many therapists on here, I do not offer a reduced rate or 'free' sessions. This is because I am confident in my work, and am working in my sessions.
BSP, EMDR & EMI therapies are fast acting, deep, and when combined with hypnosis are the most powerful forms of therapy I have had personally and used. They are not available through the NHS, through charities and most therapists are not trained in these powerful approaches.
Research has shown that traditional 'talking therapies' are not that effective as a way of healing trauma. Trauma is more than a memory, it leaves a physical imprint on your nervous system. Therefore trauma is both mental and physical, so often traditional talking therapies and CBT are not enough.
I consider BSP to be the most beneficial form of therapy that I work with. 'Talking therapy' gets you so far, and BSP gets you the rest of the way.
Treating certain traumas with talking therapies is like trying to talk an ankle injury better - it might help you feel a little less stressed, but there's much more that can be done. BSP & EMI therapy work with your whole nervous system to help you recover.
Neurotherapies & Somatic therapies (brain/body-based therapies) have been used to help regulate and process, anxiety, anger, cravings, trauma & PTS(d) symptoms. EMI & BSP are scientifically based and are researched to prove beneficial in many circumstances. BSP goes much deeper than traditional talking therapy working with your midbrain and Limbic system. They are also used for addictions by going deep into brain regions where the 'reward system' is. Talking therapies cannot fully reach this part of the brain, as this part of the brain does not understand language.
Trauma-focused therapy - Specialist quick EMI treatment for traumatic events no matter how long ago they were. EMI has been used successfully for: abuse, bullying, crimes inc. knife & gun crimes, road traffic incidents, sexual abuse, rape, and witnessing of traumatic incidents (secondary trauma). Most people will not identify their trauma as trauma.
What could a trauma be?
There are numerous experiences that could cause trauma. Most people who have experienced trauma would not class it as such, and/or 'downplay' it.
- a prolonged stressful period
- abuse in any form
- adverse childhood experiences (ACEs)
- developmental trauma
- drug induced trauma
- injury inc. sporting injuries
- health conditions
- near death experience and severe illness
- post operation pain
- prolonged stressful situations
- rejection from parent/loved one
- traumatic birth
- unexplained pains
- witnessing a traumatic incident, death or near death
- Also registered with Counselling Directory
Type of session
Monday to Friday 7.00am to 8.00pm. Saturday. 8.00am-1.00pm only.