Chris Rudyard MNCS Accredited. Hypnotherapist & Psychotherapist in Liverpool
Hello & Welcome:
Visit my hypnotherapy website: www.hypnotherapyforliverpool.com
Visit my counselling website now: www.counsellingforliverpool.com
You are probably wanting someone who knows how to do more than hypnosis & hypnotherapy..? Someone trustworthy and with years of real employed experience working in mental health
You may have tried CBT or normal talk therapy and found it unhelpful..
Hypnosis has got a bad rep over the years, I believe is due to media, poor training, and people with over-inflated ego's claiming to 'cure' people.
My name is Chris Rudyard MNCS Accredited, GHRQ/Reg, EMDR member
I have over 18 years of helping all kinds of people make all kinds of changes. I am a fully insured, qualified and registered psychotherapist & hypnotherapist
Why see me?
- I am not a hypnotherapist who reads from scripts who tells you want you want to hear - unless you want me to.
- I do not ask you to lie down on a sofa or bed
- I have more training than most hypnotherapists (I'm also a psychotherapist with over 15 years of experience) I'm fully trained and qualified in a number of both Clinical Hypnotherapy, Counselling, Psychotherapy techniques, and models.
- I work from my own professional office
- I work collaboratively with you
I'm fully trained and qualified in a number of both Clinical Hypnotherapy, Counselling, Psychotherapy techniques, and models.
I find that most often both hypnosis and psychotherapy are necessary to help people.
I usually help people with addictions, anxiety, food-related issues, phobias, and trauma, but I'm experienced in most other difficulties too.
The initial session is a session of Hypno-Psychotherapy to work out what methods I think are best to help you. If you book a 1.5 hour session then it is likely we can do some hypnotic work too.
As well as my hypnotherapy website I also have a website for my Psychotherapy in Liverpool practice
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy - CECCH - Birmingham. NCH Accredited, GHR Approved course.
- GQHP - General qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice - GHR
- EMDR 1, 2 & 3 - Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing - Merseyside Psychotherapies. Dr. Derek Farrell
- Postgraduate Lv7 (at Masters Level) - Person Centred & CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) Therapies' at Temenos - Sheffield. This training also included 3rd Wave CBT techniques such as mindfulness, and exposure techniques.
- Accredited Diploma Level 4 - Theory & Practice of Counselling (This course focussed solely on the Client/Person-Centred Psychotherapy - Person-Centred Counselling Services (PCCS) Training Partnership - Manchester.
- IFS - Internal Family Systems - helpful to work with unwanted behaviours, anxiety, phobia personality and trauma.
- IFS - Intensive IFS for complex trauma. Dr Frank Anderson
- IFS Masterclass with Robert Falconer: The Farther Reaches of IFS
- Diploma in NLP (Neuro-linguistic Programming)
- Cert Ego State Therapy & Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR)- Robin Shapiro, Seattle Washington
- Cert in NLP Professional Coaching - CECCH- Birmingham. Get motivated, set & achieve goals, work beyond blocks, and stay on track.
- Cert in Solution Focused Hypno-psychotherapy - CECCH - Birmingham. Nick Cooke
- Cert in Solution Focused Counselling Skills - CCECCH - Birmingham. Nick Cooke
- Cert in Ericksonian Hypnotherapy - CECCH - Birmingham. Nick Cooke
- Cert in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy - CECCH - Birmingham. Nick Cooke
- Cert in Counselling Supervision - British Psychological Society approved training - Skills Development Centre.
- Cert Brainspotting Phase 1 - British Psychological Society approved training. A cutting edge, gentle therapy for processing traumatic experiences, amongst other 'difficult to shift' experiences. This approach is also great if you don't want to talk about the problem in detail, BSP uses an integration of neuropsychology and mindfulness. Dr. Mark Grixti. Brighton, East Sussex
- Cert Brainspotting Phase 2 - British Psychological Society approved training. Enhanced BSP for complex trauma and a range of difficult to process experiences. I have successfully used BSP for addiction, anxiety, dissociative experiences, nightmares, PTSD, and unexplained anxiety. Dr. Mark Grixti. Brighton, East Sussex.
- Cert Brainspotting Phase 3 - Training with U.S. founder Fully adaptable, and enhanced BSP approach, used for many 'difficult to process' issues, creativity, dissociative identity, EGO states, sports trauma, and complex trauma & PTS(d). Trained by Dr. David Grand the US founder of BSP. Barcelona, Spain.
- Cert BSP & Addictions - Specialist Neurotherapy for all addictions. From chocolate, biscuits, crisps, through to drug use, smoking, OCD, & self-harm. Dr. Roby Abeles - London
- BSP Masterclass - Training with U.S. founder Dr David Grand. Enhanced training in the Brainspoting theory and approach for working with deep-rooted trauma networks, and dissociation. Dr. David Grand - Barcelona Spain, May 2019
- Cert Eye Movement Integration Level 1 Practitioner - a specialised Neurotherapy designed for trauma & PTSD (distressing memory & experience). This is a hybrid of popular EMDR therapy, it integrates, NLP, metadata, and 24 different eye movements. Eva Pollani (Europe's lead EMI accredited trainer) - Bath, Somerset.
- Cert Eye Movement Integration Level 2 + Supervision - this approach has been researched and found to be helpful with phobias and deeper rooted trauma. Eva Pollani (Europe's lead EMI accredited trainer)- Bath, Somerset.
- Cert Counselling Skills Level 3 - ABC Awards - Manchester.
- Cert Counselling Concepts Level 2 - ABC Awards - Manchester.
- Cert of Proficiency BACP – the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
Continuing Professional Development
I commit to more than the required hours Certified CPD/ongoing training every year. I completed over 180 CPD hours in 2018, 180 hours in 2019, and 100 hours in 2020.
- Applied suicide intervention skills training (A.S.I.S.T) - Living Works
- Attachment theory & adoption training
- Attachment & trauma
- Bereavement/loss & palliative care counselling - NHS/Trafford Bereavement & Palliative
- Care Service
- Child & adult safeguarding Lv3/4
- Conflict resolution
- Counterterrorism training (WRAP)
- Counselling young people - Relate
- Couples & relationship counselling - PCCS Training Partnership
- Data protection & GDPR 2018
- Domestic violence - Relate
- Effects of childhood traumatic stress on physical & mental health - Dr. Maté
- Family support - Beechwood cancer care
- First Aid 2017
- Group work - NHS
- Gestalt therapy dream work
- Health & safety - QCF
- Integration of Mind, Brain and Body in the Treatment of Trauma - with Dr. Bessel van der Kolk - Author of The Body Keeps The Score
- Intro to Gestalt therapy - Brian McMinn
- Intro to Existential Psychotherapy - New School of Psychotherapy - Dr. Emmy van Deurzen
- Intro to NLP
- Polyvagal Theory - Deb Dana
- Polyvagal Theory, Oxycontin, and the Neurobiology of Love - Dr. Stephen Porges & Dr. Sue Carther
- Supporting LGBTQ+ mental health
- Mental health - NHS
- Self-harm - Teaching School Alliance
- Suicide TALK - Living Works
- Timian (challenging behaviour) - BILD
- Trauma-informed practice & scope
- Transactional Analysis
- Young people, sex & the law
Enhanced DBS/CRB updated every 2 years. Fully insured therapist and NLP Coach.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Information about health conditions (*)
Nutritional therapy can help enhance the well-being of individuals diagnosed with serious medical conditions, but should not take the place of medical treatment and advice. If you have been diagnosed with - or suspect you may have - any of these conditions, please speak to your doctor before starting nutritional therapy or making any major changes to your diet or lifestyle.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Please note that I do not offer free sessions or any discounts
- Hypno-Psychotherapy sessions are £120.00 for 1.5 hours
(I advise you to call me first with any questions)
I have a specialist site for my Trauma & PTSD Therapy in Liverpool
Some of the methods I use are 'content-free' - this means there is little need to talk about the issue to treat the issue.
You are most likely will be in an awake state throughout the process - unless you wish to go into a 'sleep like' trance of course. I cannot make anyone do anything against their will.
I use a range of therapies that are fast acting, deep, and when combined with hypnosis are the most powerful forms of therapy I have had personally and used. They are not available through the NHS, through charities and most therapists are not trained in these powerful approaches.
Research has shown that traditional 'talking therapies' are not that effective as a way of healing trauma. Trauma is more than a memory, it leaves a physical imprint on your nervous system. Therefore trauma is both mental and physical, so often traditional talking therapies and CBT are not enough.
I consider BSP to be the most beneficial form of therapy that I work with. 'Talking therapy' gets you so far, and BSP gets you the rest of the way.
Treating certain traumas with talking therapies is like trying to talk an ankle injury better - it might help you feel a little less stressed, but there's much more that can be done. BSP & EMI therapy work with your whole nervous system to help you recover.
Neurotherapies & Somatic therapies (brain/body-based therapies) have been used to help regulate and process, anxiety, anger, cravings, trauma & PTS(d) symptoms. EMI & BSP are scientifically based and are researched to prove beneficial in many circumstances. BSP goes much deeper than traditional talking therapy working with your midbrain and Limbic system. They are also used for addictions by going deep into brain regions where the 'reward system' is. Talking therapies cannot fully reach this part of the brain, as this part of the brain does not understand language.
Trauma-focused therapy - Specialist quick EMI treatment for traumatic events no matter how long ago they were. EMI has been used successfully for: abuse, bullying, crimes inc. knife & gun crimes, road traffic incidents, sexual abuse, rape, and witnessing of traumatic incidents (secondary trauma). Most people will not identify their trauma as trauma.
What could a trauma be?
There are numerous experiences that could cause trauma. Most people who have experienced trauma would not class it as such, and/or 'downplay' it.
- a prolonged stressful period
- abuse in any form
- adverse childhood experiences (ACEs)
- developmental trauma
- drug induced trauma
- injury inc. sporting injuries
- health conditions
- near death experience and severe illness
- post operation pain
- prolonged stressful situations
- rejection from parent/loved one
- traumatic birth
- unexplained pains
- witnessing a traumatic incident, death or near death