Celia Griver Dip CBH Dip Hyp CS GQHP MHS BA (Hons)
Hello, I'm Celia, a professional hypnotherapist based in Sevenoaks and Tonbridge. I work with people who want to change the unhelpful thoughts and behaviours that are holding them back. I help people make the changes they want in their life so they can enjoy their life to the full - improving confidence, motivation and happiness. I provide hypnotherapy designed around you, your unique goals and needs. I have helped hundreds of people change their thinking, lose weight, sleep better, change habits, conquer phobias and manage anxiety, stress and depression.
I provide a caring, confidential and supportive service to all clients. I work to understand and address any issues or difficulties you are experiencing and support you to live a happier life. My sessions focus on helping you to develop the skills and confidence to manage whatever situations you may face in your life, now and in the future.
I provide a non-judgemental and professional service. I have a genuine commitment to each and every client. When we work together, I hope clients feel they can share whatever is on their mind without judgement. From the first therapy session, I want my clients to feel supported, empowered and confident in their abilities. By the end of their treatment, I hope they will have developed the skills to act as their own therapist.
Hypnotherapy treatment with me begins with a consultation to explore your needs and how best to meet them. I take a caring and collaborative approach to therapy. I believe each and every person is an unique individual with their own values and goals. Each person deserves therapy that is unique for them and respects and values who they are. Together, we explore your expert knowledge of yourself and use tools and techniques to help you achieve the outcomes you want.
My approach is client centred and evidence based. I believe clients deserve to know that the treatments provided are effective. I use tools and techniques supported by clinical research and tailor them to suit you. I interweave methods from proven therapies including traditional hypnotherapy, cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy, CBT, counselling, applied relaxation therapy, mindfulness based therapy and acceptance and commitment therapy.
I am passionate about working with clients so they feel good about themselves and their choices. I love working in partnership with clients and helping them to change, grow and fulfil their potential.
I understand the pressures of life can sometimes overwhelm you - work stress, home life or a combination of both. Hypnotherapy is a way of helping you cope during difficult periods when you need some extra support. It is an effective tool that can be life changing. It can help you to understand how you approach life and to develop more helpful ways of thinking, feeling and acting. I would love to be the person to work with you to change whatever is stopping you from living your life to the full.
To find out more about how I can help, give me a call; or send me a text or an email and I will arrange a time to call you back. I offer a free half hour telephone consultation so you may decide if I am the right person to help you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy
- GHR acknowledged supervisor
- Mental Health First Aid
- Motivational Interviewing and Behaviour Change Counselling
- Advanced Professional Development in Public Health (University of Coventry)
- Eating Disorders and Disordered Eating Habits with the Centre for Mindful Eating
- Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy for Insomnia
- Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy for Treating Panic Attacks, Phobias and Panic Disorder
- Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy for Treating Perfectionism
- Assessment and Conceptualisation in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Immersion with Dr Steven Hayes
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy: Using Values, Self-Care and Self-Compassion to Improve Long Term Health Conditions with Professor Kelly Wilson
- Inside This Moment: Using Mindfulness in ACT to Promote Radical Change
- Pain Management for Hypnotherapists
- Professional Member of the National Hypnotherapy Society, the General Hypnotherapy Register and the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council.
- Professional indemnity insurance
- CRB checked
- Anxiety UK Approved Therapist
- Parent Led CBT for Children and Young People
- Hypnotherapist for the Pickering Cancer Centre in Tunbridge Wells
- Hypnotherapist for Andrew House Dental Surgery in Tonbridge providing dental hypnosis
- Member of the Association for Contextual and Behavioural Science (ACBS)
I trained with Chrysalis and the UK College of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy. Chrysalis is one of the UK's largest professional hypnotherapy and counselling trainers. The diploma is university accredited and recognised by the Royal College of Nursing, the National Hypnotherapy Society and the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council. The UK College of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy provides training in the combined use of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Mindfulness and Hypnosis. The course is approved by the British Psychological Society, the National Council of Hypnotherapy, the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council and the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council.
Before taking a career break to have my family, I travelled all over the world working as a development executive for international organisations. I discovered the excitement of working hand in hand with communities to improve their wellbeing. I witnessed how, given the right support, people, whatever their background, can take control of their lives and blossom and grow. Now, as a hypnotherapist, I use the skills and inspiration I found working with individuals and communities around the world, passionate about changing their lives.
I have also worked as a Behaviour Change Counsellor in the NHS. I am a certified behaviour change counsellor, have a University Certificate in Advanced Professional Development in Public Health and an Honours Degree in Economics and Politics.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Male sexual problems *
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
I am an Anxiety UK approved therapist. I have experience of working with people affected by cancer and am the hypnotherapist for the Pickering Cancer Centre in Tunbridge Wells. In particular, I specialise in helping people get back on track with their lives after diagnosis and treatment; working with them to develop skills and strategies to manage their treatment and regain confidence and belief in themselves.
- Free half hour telephone consultation
- £85 for a one hour session. Package available from £75. Please visit my website for details www.blossomhypnotherapy.com
During the first appointment we will discuss your situation in detail and what you expect from hypnotherapy. We will work together to develop a treatment plan that is right for you. We will also discuss how many sessions we think you may need and answer any questions about hypnotherapy.
If you are happy to continue, we will agree to meet weekly or fortnightly to begin with and work towards longer gaps between sessions as we progress.
There is free parking available for clients in Tonbridge and Sevenoaks.
The Treatment Rooms are a five minute walk from Tonbridge Station. The Manor Clinic is a ten minute walk from Sevenoaks Station and offers disabled access.
Type of session
The Manor Clinic is Sevenoaks offers designated disabled parking and disabled access.
Daytime, evenings and weekend appointments available. Online sessions available.