Carl Willis GQHP BA MSc
Many thanks for taking the time to visit my page. A bit about myself - I am a qualified Hypnotherapist with the GHR and an experienced counsellor and supervisor. I have been helping people achieve their aims and goals since 2005.
My first experience of Hypnotherapy was a couple of years ago when I wanted to lose weight and eat healthily. I had a real mental block. My hypnotherapist at the time helped me with some of the triggers which caused me to eat unheathily. Eventually out of curiosity I attended my first hypnotherapy course. One of the most useful skills I have ever learnt was self-hypnosis whereby you can put your own positive instructions into the subconscious. This is such a simple but powerful tool that I wish I had learnt it years ago. Hypnotherapy has helped me personally with healthy eating, stress, presentation skills, self-reliance, sleeping problems, and general well-being.
Although I was first nervous the first time I went to see a hypnotherapist, I quickly realised that under hypnosis that the client is in control and that they won't be made to do silly things. Stage hypnosis and Clinical Hypnosis are very different and a Clinical Hypnotherapist cannot make the client do anything that they do not want to do.
Typical areas I can work with are to help people quit smoking, and also helping people with anxiety, stress, fear of flying (and other phobias), panic attacks, building self-esteem, self-confidence, anger, weight loss and relationship issues.
As well as being a hypnotherapist, I am also an integrative counsellor - which basically means I use a variety of techniques to help my clients deal with issues they may be experiencing. I can use models such as Transactional Analysis, Gestalt, Cognitive Behavioural and Person Centred approaches. I can also integrate MBTI personality assessments and life-coaching if a client requests this. I have worked in different professions and held roles in a number of areas - ranging from adult education, the Priory and the NHS. My previous roles include Senior Lecturer for Counselling, Counselling Course Leader and Course Director for a Counselling, Coaching and Mentoring degree.
I currently work from two practices, Clarity Well-Being Centre which is in the centre of Nuneaton. There is a multi-storey car park within a minute's walk from the centre.
I also work in Coventry City Centre at Park Counselling Practice which is a few minutes walk from Coventry Train Station. There are two hours of free parking on the road.
I offer a free telephone consultation, so do feel free to contact me and I can provide you with more information over the phone to give you more of an idea - without any pressure to proceed.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy (Central Academy of Clinical Hypnosis and NLP)
- Level 4 Diploma in Nutrition (Accredited by the AfN - association for nutrition)
- MSc Counselling Psychology (Keele University)
- Diploma in Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Certificate in Life-Coaching
- Diploma in CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy)
- Weight Management Certificate
- Smoking Cessation Specialist
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Counselling Psychology (Keele University)
- Diploma in Counselling (Gestalt, Person-centred, Existential)
- Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring (facilitation of learning in the classroom)
You can visit my websites for furhter information: http://counselling-coventry.co.uk/
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Depression *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Insomnia *
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Phobias *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Stress *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Photos & videos
£50 per session
"I was made to feel totally comfortable and at ease. Carl made me aware of the process beforehand and was very professional in his approach whilst focusing on my own individual circumstances and hypnotherapy gave me the results I wanted" - Client from Birmingham
- Also registered with Counselling Directory
Type of session
My availability generally is out of office hours, evenings and weekends. Sundays at the moment I have good availability at the moment.