Barry Wharton BA.CSci.CChem.MRSC.FIBMS.FRMS.CHP(NC).CHBP. MNSHPM.MNCH.CNHC
68 Coronation Road
I am a professionally qualified hypnotherapist and I am committed to helping you to live a happier, healthier life.
We are all different. I practice integrative therapy which means that I am not restricted to one approach. Instead, I select interventions from a range of therapeutic approaches in order to tailor the therapy to your needs as an individual person, and as a result, better help you bring about the changes that you wish in your life.
Before training as a hypnotherapist I worked for 15 years as a senior health care professional and am a Fellow of the Institute of Biomedical Science (FIBMS). Subsequently I was a research associate studying neuroscience during which time I achieved the status of Chartered Scientist (CSci). For the last 20 years, before qualifying as a hypnotherapist, I taught science in secondary education.
My balance of experience and training, along with the understanding, patience and empathy developed in caring professions, enables me to help you to find ways to live your life the way you really want to.
Hypnotherapy can provide very effective help with a huge variety of issues. Please see my website for further details and information, or contact me for an informal chat about your individual needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
I was trained by the National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy, graduating in 2017 with the Certificate in Hypnopsychotherapy (CHP(NC)).
The National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy has meaningful external accreditation, notably with the UK Council for Psychotherapy, European Association for Psychotherapy and the European Association for Hypno-Psychotherapy. My qualification was assessed at Masters Degree level and involved in excess of 580 hours of training in the theory and practice of hypnosis and psychotherapy.
In 2016 I received the prestigious Bielby Award from the college for my performance on the course.
I am a Registered Hypnotherapist and Member of the National Society of Hypnosis Psychotherapy and Mindfulness (MNSHPM) as well as the National Council for Hypnotherapy (MNCH). I am also registered with the Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) which ensures that therapists are properly trained and insured and adhere to ethical practice. I am a certified hypnotic birthing practitioner and am registered on the Easibirthing practitioners database which can be found at http://www.easibirthing.co.uk/practitioners/childbirth-specialists. I am a Certified Stop Smoking Practitioner with the National Centre for Smoking Cessation and Training (NCSCT) meaning that I am qualified to advise on adjunct treatments such as nicotine replacement therapy alongside hypnotic interventions. I am also a member of the Brookhouse Hypnotherapy Group, a national group of only sixteen select hypnotherapists with internationally acclaimed Shaun Brookhouse as the Principal.
Qualifications and Awards:
- Institute of Biomedical Sciences Fellowship (University of Manchester)
- BA(Hons) Chemistry and Physics (Open University (First Class))
- Chartered Chemist (Royal Society of Chemistry)
- Chartered Scientist (The Science Council)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education (University of Bristol)
- Certificate in Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy (National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy)
- Certified Hypnotic Birthing Practitioner
- Bielby Award 2016 (National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy)
- Fellow of the Institute of Biomedical Science
- Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry
- Member of The National Society of Hypnosis, Psychotherapy and Mindfulness
- Member of National Council for Hypnotherapy
- Registrant of Complementary and Natural Health Care Council
- The United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy
I am fully insured with Balens Insurance of London.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
£55.00 Per Session (nominally 50 minutes)
£150.00 For Special ONE Session Smoking Cessation Therapy (1.5 hours)
(free follow-up within 3 months if required)
Payment may be made by Cash, Cheque or Credit/Debit Card and is due at the time of the appointment, unless otherwise arranged.
Please note that 48 hours notice is required for cancellations or the full fee may be payable.
Call for appointment details. Evenings and weekends generally available